What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What games are you playing?

Postby Bluecast » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:08 pm

Spokane wrote:No no, I mean NES.

I never bothered to beat really, I was just a little tike when I played it last. Was at Grandma's house with the NES there, brought the NES and all its games to my home after she passed away last year.

:lol: I never beat it either. I don't know anyone who does. Nostalgia says I love playing it..then I do the first few stages then I turn into AVGN and swear to never play again......but I do
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Spokane » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:30 pm

The song in the first level is ingrained on my memory.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Bluecast » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:01 am

Spokane wrote:The song in the first level is ingrained on my memory.

This song is for me.

However posted in the sonic topic it was not uncommon back then for games to take music from something else

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUg6gmC-MmQ[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCOafzKxfpA[/youtube]
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:21 am

Ryudo wrote:
Spokane wrote:No no, I mean NES.

I never bothered to beat really, I was just a little tike when I played it last. Was at Grandma's house with the NES there, brought the NES and all its games to my home after she passed away last year.

:lol: I never beat it either. I don't know anyone who does.

Yes you do! ^_^

It has a few tricky parts (like in the second stage when the robed enemies throw crosses at you and you need to jump and slash at just the right moment to clear the chasm and kill the enemy without being hit and knocked back to your doom), but the game is like one big megaman boss encounter. You learn patterns and enemy placement and before you know it you can zip on through without even being hit. The game does admittedly have some pretty cheap deaths that are just unavoidable your first time through. One level for instance has a chasm that you jump over, only for a bat to appear out of no where, hit you, then bounce you back into the pit. Until you know those things are coming it can be impossible to counter them.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue May 01, 2012 4:42 pm

Just beat disc 3 of Shenmue II for the first time in three years (Dreamcast version), I think it's around three years anyway. Still love the game, but disc 1 is a lot slower than I remember it being (always got disc 1 and disc 2 mixed up, in my mind). Also near the end of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, now I am at Diet Building (dungeon before the last, I think).

Also started up Growlanser Generations for PS2, which I've had in my backlog for ages, using the PCSX2 emulator to play it. Really, really great Strategy RPG so far (playing II first). The anime also has a very distinctively 90s look to it, which I like. Working Designs' final release too, I'm led to believe. And Careersoft, the developers, are the same team behind Langrisser (AKA WarSong) & the Devil Survivor series. Good pedigree behind it. Makes me happy I pre-ordered Growlanser IV for PSP, which may just be the final physical released game for PSP in the West...if Generations is any indication, the PSP will go out with a bang. :snipersmile:
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Wed May 02, 2012 3:13 am

I'm a bit embarrassed to say it, but Advance Wars is really excellent.
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed May 02, 2012 6:20 am

Ryudo wrote:I love hack n slash but hated NG:B on Xbox if NG3 is easier then I will snag it for 10-15$ in a year or two

It is easier, but its also not the same game (shallow as fuck). If you want an easy version of the game(having a combo that doesn't involve jamming on X) you'd be better off with Sigma on easy then 3 since they practically made NG3 into god of War. You might love NG3 (its not like Sengoku basara is any different), but if you do, that kinda shows how much the series has fallen off, if a person who has hated the games for over a decade now loves the game longtime fans hate.

Vyse Hazuky wrote:I'm a bit embarrassed to say it, but Advance Wars is really excellent.

Why are you embarrassed? The wars series is great.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpLMztL89hw[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl4HK4sqhqU[/youtube]
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Thu May 03, 2012 3:34 am

No, no, precisely. Just that it took me so long to say it ;)
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby OL » Fri May 04, 2012 1:21 am

Was messing around with Time Crisis 3 and Crisis Zone earlier. Always surprising how tired your shoulders get after holding the Guncon up in front of you for extended periods of time. Always feels like I've been working out afterward.
Still, for my money, some of the most fun you can have in front of a tv screen. The whole way through, it always keeps me laughing and having fun. Getting hit by an enemy never elicits frustration or anger, just a laugh and a curse. :lol:
I think one of my ultimate gaming goals in life is to eventually get a hold of a Time Crisis 2 arcade unit, with dual screens for two players. Some of my greatest memories in an arcade are with a machine like that.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat May 05, 2012 3:35 pm

Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Oppy » Sat May 05, 2012 11:23 pm

Wow, Witcher 2 truly is a great game, fuck dragon age and skyrim, Witcher 2 is probably the best medieval themed western rpg I have ever played.
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: with your mums titties

Postby Bluecast » Sat May 05, 2012 11:25 pm

Oppy wrote:Wow, Witcher 2 truly is a great game, fuck dragon age and skyrim, Witcher 2 is probably the best medieval themed western rpg I have ever played.

Now you make me want it
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Oppy » Sat May 05, 2012 11:30 pm

I got it brand new for 60 at EB, with the soundtrack aswell, thats cheap as chips, if you can pick it up cheap then grab it.
But dont just play it for 10 minutes and put it to the side, the longer you play witcher 2, the better it gets!.
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: with your mums titties

Postby Bluecast » Sat May 05, 2012 11:33 pm

Oppy wrote:I got it brand new for 60 at EB, with the soundtrack aswell, thats cheap as chips, if you can pick it up cheap then grab it.
But dont just play it for 10 minutes and put it to the side, the longer you play witcher 2, the better it gets!.

I'm low on funds for a couple months but I will get it.

Also me play RPG's for minutes? Pfft impossible. I always play RPG's forever and then some and even then some
:P
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun May 06, 2012 4:54 am

Oppy wrote:Wow, Witcher 2 truly is a great game, fuck dragon age and skyrim, Witcher 2 is probably the best medieval themed western rpg I have ever played.

Yeah ive loved what ive played of it so far and also got the free soundtrack,map and other stuff.

Also found myself going back to Viva Pinata Trouble In Paradise which is still for me one of the best games this gen.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming