My collection up for sale

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

My collection up for sale

Postby Axm » Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:52 pm

I love my collection to death. The only person I would ever consider selling my collection to would be a member of the Dojo or Ryo's Place. (and Yama, a good buddy of mine who posts at Gamespot and is as hardcore as any of you here)
But my collection will not leave me for a cheap deal. No way senior. I want big bucks.
Recently ive been modding/upgrading my car. Its an 01 Toyota Solara. A great car and I love it. Just got it lowerd yesturday and need more money for future upgrades. So money from selling my collection would be the quickest route to getting this done. I also need money for other things in my life.
No doubt, I love my collection more then my car.. but if somone here can name a price I like, then the deal can be made.

SERIOUS BIDER'S ONLY

If you intend to shout out $5, .25cents, $10000000 or other stupid things, just realize you're only getting a laugh out of other moron's like yourself.

Requirements:
A- I need to trust you. If I dont like you or know you well enough.. its never going to be yours.
B- You must live in the U.S, U.K, or Japan.
C- You must present me with a price you can afford and I need/want.
Last edited by Axm on Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:55 pm

your not serious are you?? :shock:
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Axm » Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:56 pm

Samanosuke Akechi wrote:your not serious are you?? :shock:

Only if somone meets a price im willing to let it go for.

Edit: Would a mod mind moving this to the General Forum? Would it be appropiate enough? Id like to get more attention to those who dont frequent the Shenmue 1 forum enough. Thanks.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby DeadPool » Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:19 pm

dont do it!!!!!!!
one day your car will break down and you will wish you had a game to play!!!!!

then what?
fable?
fuck that man
fuck that
DeadPool
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Axm » Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:25 pm

a_little_piece_of_nothing wrote:dont do it!!!!!!!
one day your car will break down and you will wish you had a game to play!!!!!

then what?
fable?
fuck that man
fuck that

lmao! True. But what if the money from selling my collection could be used to get a hover conversion like the delorean?! Then what? I'll be PIMP in the freakin Atmosphere.

..But in all seriousness, If somone can meet my needs with a price its up for adoption.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Kingdom Hearts Master » Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:11 pm

Are you selling in a bundle or are you selling the items off seperatley
Kingdom Hearts Master
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Axm » Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:26 pm

Id like to sell everything together. As a whole.
Nothing is going seperate from the collection. Its the biggest Shenmue collection in the world and I intend to keep it that way.
I love it too much to spread it apart across the world. 1 owner, who I trust would be best.

If the time comes when someone presents me with a price that I like, but dont quite know them well enough/trust them. I will not sell it to them.. even if its for a price I really like.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Steenkoud » Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:30 pm

got no money sorry m8!

im broke!
Steenkoud
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby VGAce » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:00 pm

You're kidding, right? Why is everyone so damn interested in "modding" their car these days? Think of all the time and money you've spent on your Shenmue collection, and you're willing to throw it all away for what is effectively a fad? A car is a tool used for transportation, and nothing more. In ten years, maybe less, you probably won't even have your car anymore. They break down, they wear out, and automotive fads don't last. I could understand if you were doing this for a sick relative in the hospital or maybe to pay college tuition, but spending money to "mod" your car is simply unnecessary and frivilous. You'd be willing to trade priceless Shenmue memorabilia - stuff that is no longer made and never will be again - for automotive pursuits? It just seems like a waste of money in the first place, and trading your collection for some scrap cash to modify your car seems like a crime against not only the Shenmue series, but yourself as well. I don't know you personally, but I urge you to think this over.
VGAce
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby TailsAndy89 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:02 pm

are you kidding? i'd NEVER sell it.
TailsAndy89
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Axm » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:17 pm

VGAce wrote:You're kidding, right? Why is everyone so damn interested in "modding" their car these days? Think of all the time and money you've spent on your Shenmue collection, and you're willing to throw it all away for what is effectively a fad? A car is a tool used for transportation, and nothing more. In ten years, maybe less, you probably won't even have your car anymore. They break down, they wear out, and automotive fads don't last. I could understand if you were doing this for a sick relative in the hospital or maybe to pay college tuition, but spending money to "mod" your car is simply unnecessary and frivilous. You'd be willing to trade priceless Shenmue memorabilia - stuff that is no longer made and never will be again - for automotive pursuits? It just seems like a waste of money in the first place, and trading your collection for some scrap cash to modify your car seems like a crime against not only the Shenmue series, but yourself as well. I don't know you personally, but I urge you to think this over.

I also need a new computer.
And im not just selling it to anyone. Only to people such as yourself who I know would take care of it and apreciate it. Even if I get a good deal here Im still just thinking about it. I never said I was going to for sure. ;) They would have to be a real big Shenmue fan that I not only like as a person but could offer me ALOT of money. Im talking thousands here.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:35 pm

This is a case of "I'm making a 20 year olds mistake I will regret when I am older in life and won't shutup about to my kids to not make the same sort of mistake in life" thing.
Too often I see older folk complain about making mistakes like this which is why I don't sell or get rid of things that took me years and/or lots of money to amass.
ESP to mod a freakin car!?
Dude just save up money over time for something like that...when you are older you will most likely not even have that car and will have owned a couple more cars through the years but you can still have your shenmue collection for as long as you live.
My dad got rid of his baseball cards for a car and he ended up not even owning that car for even ten years and all through growing up he whined about giving up his baseball cards,but he had plenty of cars through the years.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Cpt. Ultimate K Prime » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:38 pm

BLUECAST and VGAce are absolutely right.

On an unrelated note, I cannot buy it, since I live in Canada and don't have much money right now.
Cpt. Ultimate K Prime
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Gamer2 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:40 pm

Shoot i was going to Make an offer on the Shirt and/or a copy of Shenmue II(J) dreamcast
I would Preferably just take the shirt

any way how much do you want for the lot
Gamer2
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Axm » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:45 pm

You guys are definitly right. But.. im still going to offer it for the sake of seeing how much I could get.
If I've seen you here at the Dojo or RP for many years you are on good terms with me and I would probably sell to you(think about it). If you've only recently been a member of the Dojo, No way in hell would I even think about it. Not only would you have to be a freakin awsome member but you would need to give me thousands of dollars.
Now whats the probability of these two combinations happening? Comon people work with me here. You guys know how much I love this collection.
:lol:
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Next

Return to Shenmue