My collection up for sale

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Postby ryo_monkey » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:26 am

thebestbit Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:26 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i could buy it....but i would feel bad for taking someones massive shenmue collection away from them

I agree
ryo_monkey
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:00 pm

VGAce wrote:You're kidding, right? Why is everyone so damn interested in "modding" their car these days? Think of all the time and money you've spent on your Shenmue collection, and you're willing to throw it all away for what is effectively a fad?

:roll:

..."these days", "fad"...people have been doing it for over half a century. :!:

VGAce wrote:A car is a tool used for transportation, and nothing more.

Speak for yourself. I regard mine as a plaything as well as an essential "need" (I live in the middle of nowhere, basically...).

VGAce wrote:In ten years, maybe less, you probably won't even have your car anymore. They break down, they wear out, and automotive fads don't last. I could understand if you were doing this for a sick relative in the hospital or maybe to pay college tuition, but spending money to "mod" your car is simply unnecessary and frivilous. You'd be willing to trade priceless Shenmue memorabilia - stuff that is no longer made and never will be again - for automotive pursuits? It just seems like a waste of money in the first place, and trading your collection for some scrap cash to modify your car seems like a crime against not only the Shenmue series, but yourself as well. I don't know you personally, but I urge you to think this over.

Jesus...:lol::shock::lol:
In ten years, he'll have other interests, and/or probably be married and have a house to suck his cash dry, too! That's what happens, people move on, he's going from games to big boy's toys like cars, and with few exceptions, hobbies by definition ARE a waste of money (and cars are an expensive hobby...) if you get right to the bone of it. But we enjoy them, and that's what makes us human.

Despite all that, it IS a special hoard of Shenmue stuff, like he said, unique, so I'm kinda glad he'll keep it. Was also very glad he wasn't gonna "rice" the car as well though, and keep it looking nice like it did in those pics. And while car mods ARE fun indeed, they are expensive, and are a depreciating asset, unlike his collection which will probably only go UP in value. Maybe in three years you can sell it and buy a supercharger? ;)
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby VGAce » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:11 pm

SEF wrote:
VGAce wrote:You're kidding, right? Why is everyone so damn interested in "modding" their car these days? Think of all the time and money you've spent on your Shenmue collection, and you're willing to throw it all away for what is effectively a fad?

True, but ever since movies like "The Fast and the Furious" it's been especially popular. Giving your car a paintjob or customizing the interior is a lot different from trying to turn it into a freakin' race car. I understand a person's car can be considered an extension of themselves, but most people I see who are into the "modding" scene do it more to impress other people and pick up girls. If that's the only way you an do either of those things, then you're pretty sad. Now, I'm not accusing Axm of being like this, nor do I think he is. I admit I may have been a little melodramatic, but this particular topic is just one part of the mainstream that I find particularly taxing and frivilous.

I'm in college now. I see students that are more interested in spending money on their car than their tuition. Maybe that will give you an understanding of how I feel.
VGAce
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Axm » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:19 pm

VGAce wrote:
SEF wrote:

True, but ever since movies like "The Fast and the Furious" it's been especially popular. Giving your car a paintjob or customizing the interior is a lot different from trying to turn it into a freakin' race car. I understand a person's car can be considered an extension of themselves, but most people I see who are into the "modding" scene do it more to impress other people and pick up girls. If that's the only way you an do either of those things, then you're pretty sad. Now, I'm not accusing Axm of being like this, nor do I think he is. I admit I may have been a little melodramatic, but this particular topic is just one part of the mainstream that I find particularly taxing and frivilous.

I'm in college now. I see students that are more interested in spending money on their car than their tuition. Maybe that will give you an understanding of how I feel.

Ya I can understand you.
But honistly, I like my car alot.. and I've payed alot for it so I want to make sure it looks as good and perform's as good as I want it too. Think of it as upgrading your PC. You payed alot for it at first right? Eventually you want it to do more, like play the newest games and such. So this is no different. Not only does somthing like this satisfy my needs but it can impress girls too.. so whats wrong with that? Believe me, it matters. Girls are some materialistic, fickle and weird human beings.
If I could fuck a girl in a cardboard box with wheels id do it.

thebestbit wrote:i could buy it....but i would feel bad for taking someones massive shenmue collection away from them

Ya and even if you could buy it I wouldnt sell to you. ;)
Nothing personal.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:28 am

Yeah exactly. All this stuff has some frivolity to it. Just what makes us tick really...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby zfarid01 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:33 am

hi
how much money are you looking at for this collection.
could you give me an indication ?
thank you
zfarid01
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:41 am

zeefarid wrote:hi
how much money are you looking at for this collection.
could you give me an indication ?
thank you

he wont sell it just to anyone bud ;)
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:02 am

aXm wrote:
thebestbit wrote:i could buy it....but i would feel bad for taking someones massive shenmue collection away from them

Ya and even if you could buy it I wouldnt sell to you. ;)
Nothing personal.

None taken...i would be shocked if any one did sell a collection like that
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby James » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:27 am

aXm wrote:
a_little_piece_of_nothing wrote:dont do it!!!!!!!
one day your car will break down and you will wish you had a game to play!!!!!

then what?
fable?
fuck that man
fuck that

lmao! True. But what if the money from selling my collection could be used to get a hover conversion like the delorean?! Then what? I'll be PIMP in the freakin Atmosphere.

..But in all seriousness, If somone can meet my needs with a price its up for adoption.

Forget Hover Conversion bro, Mr. Fusion is where it's at. I think they sell Fusion Industries t-shirts on e-Bay now.
James
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Axm » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:11 pm

James wrote:
aXm wrote:

then what?
fable?
fuck that man
fuck that

lmao! True. But what if the money from selling my collection could be used to get a hover conversion like the delorean?! Then what? I'll be PIMP in the freakin Atmosphere.

..But in all seriousness, If somone can meet my needs with a price its up for adoption.

Forget Hover Conversion bro, Mr. Fusion is where it's at. I think they sell Fusion Industries t-shirts on e-Bay now.

Sweet! I could use a good BTTF shirt.. amoung other BTTF memorabilia.. hmm.. that gives me and idea! :-k I could start a BTTF collection. I already have some stuff like posters and stuff.. er..
nevermind. I better not start. *thinks about car*
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Gamer2 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:12 pm

screw both of them GET A KITT MODIFICATION FROM KNIGHT INDUSTRIES invincablity is worth selling it also SUPER PERSUIT MODE
Gamer2
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby James » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:43 pm

aXm wrote:
James wrote:
aXm wrote:

then what?
fable?
fuck that man
fuck that

Sweet! I could use a good BTTF shirt.. amoung other BTTF memorabilia.. hmm.. that gives me and idea! :-k I could start a BTTF collection. I already have some stuff like posters and stuff.. er..

Back to the Future was MY childhood movie. Then I discovered Star Wars and Jimi Hendrix records :nice!: Lol, actually a couple days ago we all went to karaoke at a bar and my bro and one of our friends (that he "likes") ;) did two duets together of Johnny B. Goode and Earth Angel. She's an absolute fan of Back to the Future as is my bro and me more than them two... oh and you wouldn't be pimp of the atmosphere, you be pimp of "all time" with that stuff.

Man...I cried when I was a kid when I found out hoverboards weren't real.
James
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Axm » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:46 am

James wrote:
aXm wrote:
James wrote:
aXm wrote:

then what?
fable?
fuck that man
fuck that

Back to the Future was MY childhood movie. Then I discovered Star Wars and Jimi Hendrix records :nice!: Lol, actually a couple days ago we all went to karaoke at a bar and my bro and one of our friends (that he "likes") ;) did two duets together of Johnny B. Goode and Earth Angel. She's an absolute fan of Back to the Future as is my bro and me more than them two... oh and you wouldn't be pimp of the atmosphere, you be pimp of "all time" with that stuff.

Man...I cried when I was a kid when I found out hoverboards weren't real.

Ya I thought they were real too. I even asked for one on a birthday but my dad told me it wouldnt be ready until the year 2000. Still dont have my hoverboard. :cry:
And the kariokee sounds cool. The music in the BTTF's are top class.
But to make this post more relevant to the topic..
Shenmue > Back to the Future
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Re: My collection up for sale

Postby segatasan » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:49 pm

Where's the link to the collection? I might have £3000 lying around... if the collection is worth it of course
segatasan

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Fighters' Megamix

Re: My collection up for sale

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:01 pm

segatasan wrote: Where's the link to the collection? I might have £3000 lying around... if the collection is worth it of course

The fuck? This topic is 8 years old.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue