Hazuki Jujitsu

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Hazuki Jujitsu

Postby LawXiu » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:57 am

I see some time ago people posting comments about Ryo's best and worst moves. I have studied Jujitsu and some of Ryo's move are quite good. I'm not sure which style Hazuki Jujitsu is based on but I found this great video on YouTube. Not many moves like Ryo's but it's something for people to think about when they make their projects. Just a thought anyway. Enjoy!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WjRpTNWv7dY
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby szymon247 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:00 am

Hazuki Ju-Jitsu had not much Ju-Jitsu in it. I mean currently it's hard to define Ju-jitsu as a style, there are so many "family" styles and many new-wannabe JJ sections that it's really a mess, there are also no clear definitions of JJ so you can call any martial arts with throws and joint locks a Ju-jitsu (especially considering that most schools are not "soft" anymore). It was called Ju-Jitsu because it was a traditional, family Japanese martial art. Hazuki ryu MMA or Hazuki ryu JKD just wouldn't fit :D
I would say that what Ryo did was more of a Jeet Kune Do concept. He took random techniques from various styles. You could easily spot Karate techniques, Taekwondo kicks (I mean kicks performed exactly like in Taekwondo, not Karate) and techniques that were probably "made up". In Shenmue 2 his style was more of a combination of various styles of Kung-Fu, Aikido and Judo. Come to think of it he used elements of any martial art. What he missed tho was ground fighting :p
szymon247
Master of the Three Blades

Re:

Postby jakuhtu » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:42 am

szymon247 wrote: Hazuki Ju-Jitsu had not much Ju-Jitsu in it. I mean currently it's hard to define Ju-jitsu as a style, there are so many "family" styles and many new-wannabe JJ sections that it's really a mess, there are also no clear definitions of JJ so you can call any martial arts with throws and joint locks a Ju-jitsu (especially considering that most schools are not "soft" anymore). It was called Ju-Jitsu because it was a traditional, family Japanese martial art. Hazuki ryu MMA or Hazuki ryu JKD just wouldn't fit :D
I would say that what Ryo did was more of a Jeet Kune Do concept. He took random techniques from various styles. You could easily spot Karate techniques, Taekwondo kicks (I mean kicks performed exactly like in Taekwondo, not Karate) and techniques that were probably "made up". In Shenmue 2 his style was more of a combination of various styles of Kung-Fu, Aikido and Judo. Come to think of it he used elements of any martial art. What he missed tho was ground fighting :p

Actually, you are incorrect. Ryo was a complete fighter. Striking, take downs and ground fighting. Hazuki Jujitsu included every aspect of mixed martial arts in it. Lyoto Machida doesn't use many ground techniques... why? Because he has an elusive stance and is too hard to take down. He doesn't need to go to the ground, and neither did ryo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxlPwI400wA#t=4m16s

How's that for missing ground fighting? lol
you don't watch allot of mma I take it? lol
jakuhtu
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue

Re: Hazuki Jujitsu

Postby Bluecast » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:13 am

Quoting a 5 year old post and correcting them? :shock: Why?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby jakuhtu » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:50 pm

Ryudo wrote: Quoting a 5 year old post and correcting them? :shock: Why?

Time is irrelevant. I'm not going to let some pseudo intellectual with a mcdojo black belt try and spew that garbage.
jakuhtu
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Feelers Rebo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:11 pm

god you talk shit. of course time is relevant, which is why i'm not going to waste it by telling you why.
Feelers Rebo

Return to Shenmue