I understand that at this point Shenmue 1+2 hd is still in the category of rumour, but i couldn't resist proposing my wishlist for what i want ideally from the new hd remasters of these classic games.
- HD 720p/1080p - obvious i know, but upscaling the definition is a must
- proper widescreen 16/9 screen size
- maybe 60 frame per second - although a solid 30 would probably been fine.
- higher res textures - remember when kikizo said all those years ago that that sega had uncompressed textures for all the shenmue saga. time to use them.
- higher quaility audio - with the space limitations removed we can have a lot better audio, especially the character voicing which sounded very compressed on dreamcast.
- japanese language option with eng subtitles - just like the yakuza games, i want to play in original japanese with eng subs.
- right analogue stick controls look - just like on xbox version of shen 2 - right stick controls ryos gaze
- bring snapshot option to shen 1 as well as 2 - and improve it to take hd screen caps.
- no more characters appearing out of nowhere, i assume newer console are powerful enough to process characters quickly.
- the boat chapter 2 needs to be released ideally included with shen 2- we all know they have the boat chapter sitting on a disc somewhere - time to remaster that and include it with shenmue 2, or maybe sell it as dlc later, - whatever they decide to do, make sure they release it. yu suzuki admitted that it would have been in shen 2 had space allowed.
- include shenmue passport , and possible create one for shen 2.
- option to 'wait' in shenmue 1 like what was included in shen 2 - i never minded waiting but people always complain about having to kill time for appointments in shen 1. probably including this option is a good idea for newer gamers.
- retail release of both shenmue 1+2 in one package - for ps3 1 disc (blue ray should handle it), maybe 2 disc for xbox360 (only has dvd capacity - bless...)
(suggested by MiTT3NZ - great ideas!)
- Walkman on-the-go.
- No loading times between areas, but area name/date/time stamp in the bottom right corner.
- Save transfers.
- Changeable clothes in Shenmue I.
- Saturn & CDs becomes Master System & Cartridges.
- Training areas in Shenmue II.
(south carmain suggested):
-At least one achievment that includes the word sailors - lol
everything else can be kept the same, i am a purist and don't want any major gameplay overhaul. ryos tank like control scheme is fine, i never had any problem with it. might be worth putting in an alternate control system however for new people judging from all the complaints i see about it.
if i think of anything else i will add it later. anyone else have any suggestions about things they would like to see included if we ever get these ports?
we are all hoping these releases happen, and perhaps pave the way for shen 3. i'm not getting my hopes up too much. but its fun to discuss and wish.
Last edited by johnvivant
on Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.