So I finally got Shenmue....

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

So I finally got Shenmue....

Postby hiro94 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:34 pm

And it's fucking awesome!I ordered the first game from Ebay last week and got it yesterday.I seriously thought the game was gonna be overrated but i was wrong.I started playing the game yesterday and today i reached disc 2 and im on the part where you have to get into warehouse 8.It sucks i was only 6 when this game came out if i was a bit older i would've bought it but when i was a kid all i had was a ps1 and a n64 my uncle had a Dreamcast when he lived with me but i only played it every once in awhile.I just can't beileve how well the game stands up for being from 1999,Best 21 dollars ive ever spent.

hiro94 has received 3 thanks from: Bluecast, Let's Get Sweaty, MiTT3NZ
hiro94
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: Songokumi
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: So I finally got Shenmue....

Postby Bluecast » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:38 pm

:mrgreen: In the year 2013 Dojo could use a fresh Shenmue fan instead of some of us old farts. Esp since some have been tainted over the years and never talk Shenmue anymore at all. Still one of my fave games of all time. I still revisit it at least once a year. Just good to see young-blood be new to the series. Such a rare treat these days.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: So I finally got Shenmue....

Postby Feelers Rebo » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:16 pm

What are you talking about? Shenmue's shit, and EVERYBODY'S outgrown it. Get with the times, brother. Everybody here prefers Oddworld, anyway.

I hear people going "shit, I put Shenmue in, and it was unbelievable, the most profound experience I ever had up to that point, just really mind-blowing and completely deep on every level, just visually brilliant, I loved the opening sequence, just hooked me" and all that gush. I must have been one of the few who found it boring for the first ten or twenty minutes, before I actually "got" it. Then I couldn't put the fucking thing down. Great stuff. Be sure to get hold of no. 2, which I think is in many ways a technically better game due to its greater variety in activity and more varied environments (although personally I don't enjoy it as much as 1).
Feelers Rebo
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Return to Shenmue