Shenmue Universe: side stories.

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Shenmue Universe: side stories.

Postby Jesse » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:50 pm

I always thought that a Shenmue side stories would be fantastic and a nice way to experience the series from various different major character perspectives. Also it would be a nice way to flesh out the story/series as well as characters. There could be a Shenmue side stories vol 1 which would cover: Nozomi heading to Canada and emotionally dealing with being away from her only true love. Another could Gui Zhang rehabbing and eventually landing in China. In search of Ryo. Also Goro has to be included in it some how cause he's groovy 8) . Ren hunting down the treasure. alot of these would have to be included in on a single disc because Nozomi couldn't carry the collection on her own but a few chapters she could easily. It would also allow there still to be fighting [goro gui and ren] as well as maintain the FREE aspect of the series. Also; there could be a Shenmue SS Vol 2 which covers S2 main characters and S3.

I'm sure you guys can think of ALOT better ones: whats some of yours?

I believe that this could be a success if done right and I always believed that the Shenmue universe is rich enough to tell various stories from different perspectives if done correctly.
Jesse
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Jrockstr

Re: Shenmue Universe: side stories.

Postby Axm » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:28 pm

A comic book series for Shenmue side stories would be a nice treat. I could easily read 20 of them on Goro alone. More importantly though, Ryo's childhood and early teenage years.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:34 pm

I'd be interested in slice of life type anime or comic of a very young Ryo.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Nankeiro » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:35 am

Jesse wrote: I believe that this could be a success if done right and I always believed that the Shenmue universe is rich enough to tell various stories from different perspectives if done correctly.

I think this too.
Nankeiro

Favorite title: Shenmue

Return to Shenmue