Yu being asked the wrong question..

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Yu being asked the wrong question..

Postby js3 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:30 pm

At any kind of public event, Yu Suzuki is overwhelmed with Shenmue 3 questions. Understandably it gets tiresome.

IMO, these are the wrong questions - the real questions he needs to be asked, are whether or not Shenmue 1 & 2 are ever coming to the current gen consoles (specifically whether or not he has ever heard anything about this).

Shenmue 3 will never be made if 1 & 2 aren't available to the public, so getting these done is a must. To my knowledge, he has never been asked about this .... or has he?

Might be something to consider next time there is a press conference or whatever.

js3 has received a thanks from: Axm
js3
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Just finished S2 (again)

Re: Yu being asked the wrong question..

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:01 pm

He doesn't work for SEGA and hasn't in a while now. He has no control over that. He has no say either. SEGA owns all the rights to Shenmue. That is why there is the campaign to get him the license to Shenmue before he can even sniff a Queef of the series again.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: nskachu
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:01 pm

He was asked about an HD collection in an interview before. I can't remember which one but I'll say fairly recent, and by that I mean the past two years..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:06 pm

Of course he's being asked the wrong questions... we never heard a damn thing about Shenmue Online, cancelled or not (even though it probably just became Shenmue Gai)
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby south carmain » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:27 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Of course he's being asked the wrong questions... we never heard a damn thing about Shenmue Online, cancelled or not (even though it probably just became Shenmue Gai)

I think we're the only 2 who were looking forward to that. everyone else found fireballs too shocking

south carmain has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby js3 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:46 pm

He doesn't work for SEGA and hasn't in a while now. He has no control over that. He has no say either. SEGA owns all the rights to Shenmue. That is why there is the campaign to get him the license to Shenmue before he can even sniff a Queef of the series again.

I wouldn't expect him to have a say, but as series creator, writer and director, I am fairly certain he would hear things, if there were some (or any) kind of movement. If his name is going to be on a product - and it would be all over such a product owing to his significant role - these ripples travel to agents, lawyers and all sorts. Beside I'm sure he's not on bad terms with everyone at Sega.

He was asked about an HD collection in an interview before. I can't remember which one but I'll say fairly recent, and by that I mean the past two years..

Oh? Would be interested in seeing this.

And btw I was too shocked by fireballs ;)

I think what I'm getting at is if anyone has a chance to speak to him, might be worth bringing the focus to the Shenmue 1&2 remakes. He's been asked the same thing about 3 for what, over a decade now? Must be a little tedious.
js3

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:46 pm

south carmain wrote:
MiTT3NZ wrote: Of course he's being asked the wrong questions... we never heard a damn thing about Shenmue Online, cancelled or not (even though it probably just became Shenmue Gai)

I think we're the only 2 who were looking forward to that. everyone else found fireballs too shocking

Don't forget Monkey men and Spidermen
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:53 pm

He was asked at the Monaco Anime Game Show, in March this year:

phpBB [video]
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Supa » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:20 pm

We've known the fireballs were coming since Project Berkley. The spider and horsemen...weird.

But I'm sure we can all agree that if the series was finished properly, we all would love to play Shenmue Online and maybe even Shenmue Gai after the fact.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby js3 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:08 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:He was asked at the Monaco Anime Game Show, in March this year:

phpBB [video]

Wow, that totally passed me by. Thanks!
js3

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:26 pm

south carmain wrote:

You guys weren't the only one
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Return to Shenmue