Shenmue(1999) Intro scene - music score orchestra

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Shenmue(1999) Intro scene - music score orchestra

Postby ryoreturn » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:38 am

Hi Shenmue Dojo this is my Shenmue music project that I finally can release.

Shenmue 1999 Intro scene 6.00min

Game: Shenmue
Platform:Dreamcast
Release:1999
Designer: Yu Suzuki
Composers: Takenobu Mitsuyoshi (Sound Director)
Yuzo Koshiro
Takeshi Yanagawa
Osamu Murata
Ryuji Iuchi

Re-imagining, arranging of orchestra: mithius/lastburai (me)

SFX and voice from the game was gratefully provided by wude at the Shenmue dojo, thank you

Additional Sfx was added and mixed by me.

This piece of music is from the intro that plays in the game where Lan Di kills Iwao Hazuki

Version 4A is the original orchestral version with SFX and vocal arranged by me no score was used it was done by ear. And it is my representation of the original, or close as to the original. Including the cut of music that occurs.

phpBB [video]

Version 4B is the original as in version 4A but without SFX and vocals and also without the cut, it is the full version.
phpBB [video]

Version 4C Is a re-arrangement of some of the melodies from original score. I added some instruments consisting of more ethnic type instruments such as Bawa, Er Hu, Guzheng, Xiao and a few others. I added 4 distortion guitars, 2 clean guitars and a bass guitar in addition to the rest of the orchestra. The bass guitar is mixed perhaps at a low volume, because the orchestra also has a bass I decided to lower the bass guitar. This version also includes the SFX and vocals, there is also the cut that occurs somewhere near the beginning again like the original.
phpBB [video]

Version 4D is version 4C but without SFX and vocals and also without the cut, it is the full version.
phpBB [video]

Do not let the slow pace of the music deceive. This was extremely difficult for me to get right for some reason to play the guitar and bass parts precise, slow and due to the way the tempo fluctuates of the orchestra, when doing tremolando. There is really no places where the tempo is steady, using ramp tempos, where the ramp moves across a wide range of bars, it may sound odd but this is the reality of things. Also to create very long sustained notes with a guitar is another difficulty that seems to come natural to other string instruments.

Thanks again to Shenmue Dojo and Wude at Shenmue Dojo for providing the game SFX and vocals

ryoreturn has received 4 thanks from: Giorgio, Nankeiro, The_Intruder, wude
ryoreturn
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue

Return to Shenmue