the candy store in sakuragaoka

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

the candy store in sakuragaoka

Postby drunkensailor » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:04 pm

ok I never knew this but my girlfriend was playing shenmue 1 and she is exploring literally everything and I never knew you could actually get raffle tickets in the candy store and she actually won 3 prices immediately including a doll of sega boss oyama I think :shock:

anybody else knew this?
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: the candy store in sakuragaoka

Postby Fenix » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:25 pm

Hello little baby Ryo.

Please, don't call me little baby Ryo.

Ok Ryo baby little.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby Fenix » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:27 pm

Oh now that we're talking about girlfriends and Shenmue. Mine is addicted to lucky hit.

And about that store you say. It seems you are more lucky if you pick raffle tickets every 10th day of any month.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby drunkensailor » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:35 pm

Fenix wrote: Oh now that we're talking about girlfriends and Shenmue. Mine is addicted to lucky hit.

And about that store you say. It seems you are more lucky if you pick raffle tickets every 10th day of any month.

never knew about that. thank you

when I played shenmue long time ago I noticed this game is really made for woman, so detailed, so many little things. I have gotten multiple girls into shenmue. one of my goals in general is to get people into shenmue. my experience though is that it is easier for girls to get into.
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby BlueMue » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:57 pm

How could you miss the raffle at Abe's place? :D Just buy the snacks like in the Tomato Mart and you'll get a draw. Salami and squid legs don't count. Winning something there can be pretty tough. Abe put very few winning tickets in the box it seems. She should also clean up her shop. She's always brooming in front of it after she has closed but just look at all the junk on the floor inside the store!

Your GF was lucky to win a Yukawa figure right away. It's so funny to hear Ryo so overly joyful.
"Yes!! A Mr Yukawa figure!" :lol: She should try to win the S price (Gold Dural), that one is REALLY hard to get.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby drunkensailor » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:02 pm

I've never gotten a golden dural in any of my countless playthroughs. you can get one in shenmue 2 in disc 3 via some special lucky hit board but even that one I found impossible :)
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby drunkensailor » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:52 pm

btw just checked now a savegame and I HAVE a golden dural! I must've won it at the candy store though, maybe it was my girlfriends savefile and she got it. she also went in a slot machine hall in shenmue 2 and immediately got the highest score with teh 3 reds and won miniature slot which I never got in my 12 years of playing
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Fenix » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:07 pm

Actually I have all capsule toys except Excite QTE (150.000 points is my record) and Afterburner (didn't reached that arcade yet).

I have the certificates of Out Run and 3.000, 10.000, 50.000 and 200.000 prizes in slot house. This weekend I'll try to get the 500.000 and 1.000.000.

I tried to win the Space Harrier certificate but that's almost imposible #-o
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby drunkensailor » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:20 pm

Fenix wrote: Actually I have all capsule toys except Excite QTE (150.000 points is my record) and Afterburner (didn't reached that arcade yet).

I have the certificates of Out Run and 3.000, 10.000, 50.000 and 200.000 prizes in slot house. This weekend I'll try to get the 500.000 and 1.000.000.

I tried to win the Space Harrier certificate but that's almost imposible #-o

holy shit. I've been wanting to accmplish getting all capsule toys for some time. how long did it took you?
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Fenix » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:29 pm

A few days :lol:

In Fotune's Pier, Warehouse no.10 I think, if you go downstairs you can play big or small. Save the game and play. Bet ALWAYS in Chow and if you win, you'll get 4000HK$ (betting 500). Enjoy capsule hunting.

But there's more in Kowloon. This one is extremely hard to do. Go at Old Governement office site and play big or small with the guy with little moustache and yellow shirt. Every bet cost 300HK$ but if you bet in one of the six "Yidian Wai Sik" (3 same numbers that you have picked appearing in the result) , the payout is x200. That means you win 60.000HK$. I won 120.000HK$ in 30min in the game. In real life it took me almost 7 hours reseting and betting. I'll do it 2 more times.

Of course, if you win, quit, save and play again.

EDITED: Almost forgot to tell you. Most of dice numbers I got in Yidian Wai Sik are:
- 1-1-1
- 2-2-2
- 6-6-6

Start betting with these numbers (in Kowloon). I supose you'll have more probabilities to win because the problem is not having the 3 same number. The true problem is hitting the result.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Return to Shenmue