Stab Armor

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Stab Armor

Postby kiko17 » Sat May 07, 2016 6:58 am

I got this scroll translated already but I can't get the technique to work. I press f,b,b, x+a and nothing. I sometime do the katana mist slash or big wheel. I can do twin swallow leap which has similar inputs just flipped. Has anyone else had trouble with this move?
kiko17
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue

Re: Stab Armor

Postby johnvivant » Sat May 07, 2016 9:53 am

after translation you still need to activate it in the menu before you actually learn the move, just like you would any other scroll.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Mr357 » Sat May 07, 2016 12:52 pm

johnvivant wrote: after translation you still need to activate it in the menu before you actually learn the move, just like you would any other scroll.

Actually, you can learn scroll moves without reading the scroll. Just go into practice and do the move; you'll get a "X has been mastered" message along with the iconic sound effect. It's no different from mastering moves like Dark Moon or Brutal Tiger, which can't be learned from a scroll or tutor.

Mr357 has received a thanks from: johnvivant
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby johnvivant » Sat May 28, 2016 7:42 am

i played thorough this part of the game this morning, and i can confirm that in order to learn the 'stab armour' move you need to activate the scroll in the menu after the translation. its not possible to learn it just by performing it, like you can the other move scrolls.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Return to Shenmue