shenmue discs

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

shenmue discs

Postby ShOzO MiZuKi » Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:37 am

i put them in my computer but no pictures come up i get 3 notepads that say "ABSTRACT" "BIBLIOGRAPY" and "COPYRIGHT" does anyone know how to get the pictures off these discs?
ShOzO MiZuKi
Homeless and hungry
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: Old_Battle_Axe
XBL: TheLastR3negade
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 3

Postby Miku » Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:44 am

Its difficult since the data is encrypted/compressed in an unknown format (well unknown to me) plus the data stream is in a totally different format from standard windows (unless the format of the pics are .jpeg's) also the disc format is GD, a giga disc developed by yamaha, these disc can only be read by the gd-rom installed in dc's, but if you look on the bottom of the disc's there is a distinct stripe in the center about 1cm in radius this is the cd-rom part of the data that can be read by cd roms everything past this is super highdenstity, the only way a computer can get to this data is by having a direct cable link to the dc (you need a dc serial-com serial cable for the dc for this which still are probably for sale). Even then i don't know.
Miku
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Re: shenmue discs

Postby b_ren » Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:39 am

ShOzO MiZuKi wrote:i put them in my computer but no pictures come up i get 3 notepads that say "ABSTRACT" "BIBLIOGRAPY" and "COPYRIGHT" does anyone know how to get the pictures off these discs?

I don't think there is pictures on the Shenmue 1 discs.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Daemos » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:32 pm

No, only on Shenmue II. Or at least, I can't find any on my S1. :lol:
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Return to Shenmue