obsolete

(Modding and other series related projects)

obsolete

Postby ReeceKun » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:58 am

old boring out of date information
Last edited by ReeceKun on Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skyrim

Postby Master Kyodai » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:27 am

About 3D max - i must admit i hate it, i find it very complicated, so i do everything in Vue. Sorry can't help you here, but Andrew is our local 3dmax god, I am sure he knows what to do.

About the 4 polys: No idea, maybe a glitch or they just cut the model together from various beta models? Doesnt really look important or interesting to me.

Yeah the REN model was included in all Shenmue 1 versions although it wasn't used. His name also appears on the Hang-On highscore list. I think they might have planned Shenmue 1, 2 and 3 as ONE game initially and after calculating that it would come on 20 discs they cut it together. Something like that.

What's Shenmue is definitely cool and it does contain some unused stuff, Beta stuff and much more interesting things. FOr example the "Rinda/Linda" textures of the snack bar. (Posted that in Shenmue 1 forums already).

Unfortunately the Free Quest part of whats shenmue is not very compatible with NullDC, it usually crashes after walking around a bit, making it impossible to rip the interesting scenes (at least for me it crashes way too often).

I must admit I am totally not interested in Resident Evil or Tomb Raider (Not a big fan of these games), but i have also tried to rip other games. my main idea was to rip a scene from Yakuza or Yakuza 2 and put Ryo or lan Di into it, but ripping from PCSX2 never worked for me.

I started writing a CVM/ROFS to ISO converter that works fine (watch Sony subforum here), but not with the crypted ROFS images as they are used for example in Yakuza 2. The conversion works fine however with unencrypted ROFS images - for example i could convert the "Roommania #203" CVM from the original PS2 DVD fine.

if there is a way to get more tools or information that helps us ripping I am always interested in that.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby dotsona » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:42 pm

Hey ReeceKun,

Thank you for joining the forums and the help you are willing to offer us, we greatly appreciate that. If you could send me your contact information in a PM that would be great so we could discuss this further. Yazgoo does need some help with the PVR extractor so any help with that would be great. As for your problem in 3DS Max why not just weld the verts together? Also what you saw in wireframe mode was the game engine using back-face culling, meaning it only loads polys the user is looking at, polys that are not visiable on screen do not get rendered. (Hints why most models come out in halfs) Shenmue 2 does not suffer from this problem so you can easily rip full models from that game using 3D Ripper with no problem.
dotsona
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue Mods

Postby wude » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:47 pm

ryo's room looks great, i lost all my models and softs when i formated my pc, but seeing those images gives me the energy to restart all the work again.
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby ReeceKun » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:00 pm

dotsona wrote:Hey ReeceKun,
Thank you for joining the forums and the help you are willing to offer us, we greatly appreciate that. If you could send me your contact information in a PM that would be great so we could discuss this further. Yazgoo does need some help with the PVR extractor so any help with that would be great. As for your problem in 3DS Max why not just weld the verts together? Also what you saw in wireframe mode was the game engine using back-face culling, meaning it only loads polys the user is looking at, polys that are not visiable on screen do not get rendered. (Hints why most models come out in halfs) Shenmue 2 does not suffer from this problem so you can easily rip full models from that game using 3D Ripper with no problem.

Dont misunderstand me Im not a programmer , over the past few years Ive been using the Tomb Raider Level Editor and have learned a few things about Modding and Resident Evil Model Extraction, and so Ive met a few programmers who have made various programs and so have asked them for help, but it also requires their interest in Shenmue itself.

Once we can rip models fully Im willing to help generate a catalogue of working models (rigging etc although It would be epic if the bones and facial toggles could be found too or even animation files) for people to download to use for their own comics/animations. I myself have started writing a Shenmue Story that I'd love to animate in max.

Regarding the PVR extractor as long as Yaz can get the UVW coordinates placement for the Models 3D ripper can get all the textures (but I would consider that a last resort)

Im not sure what that wireframe thing is, I understand what backface culling is , this looks more like the polys splitting apart as I zoom in , and this is the only location ive noticed it happens, its probabally nothing.

It seems I will have to manually adjust and weld the room together after all as (even though the pov/aspect are the same) their are slight 'skew' differences in every capture of the room, by the time Im done the MT5 extractor might be able to do it in seconds lol Im wishing for a Xmas Miracle

Oh and I was thinking we Should make
December the 3rd 'Shenmue Day'
as Its the Day Ryo Begins his Quest. :)
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skyrim

Postby Master Kyodai » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:33 pm

I tried a quick snapshot from Ryos room and i got the whole room minus the door (which isnt much of a loss if you wanna make the door posable). Maybe just luck?

Here's a quick render in Vue 6 infinite:

Ryo's bed doesn't look too comfortable looking at it...

BTW: The "dark area" under the bed is not shadow, its a material.. DUnno why but this prolly looked better on dreamcast.

Edit: Okay when you look from other angles there are polygons missing due to the backface culling.

Too bad Ryo never wears that dress in the game:

Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby dotsona » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:59 pm

Nice renders, looking forward to seeing more :D
dotsona
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue Mods

Postby Master Kyodai » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:04 pm

I'll try to take another shot and try to stitch them together tomorrow. Too tired today. But i can already see the whole house would be loads of work. I want the altar room, i think imma rip that one next.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby wude » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:53 pm

you need to put ryo in his bed .

rigging is the only problem, if you can resolve it you can do a lot of nice stuff.
a render from my last project :(

good luck!
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby dotsona » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:56 am

^^ Very Nice :D
dotsona
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte