Shenmue City Announced

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Shenmue City Announced

Postby Fenix » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:41 pm

I think somebody asked for the Softimage Plugin.

I found something but I'm not sure about WTF is it really:
http://www.3d-palace.com/2010/05/mt5-in ... et-in-udk/

Another 2 things:
A friend and programer is trying to open a MT5 Sega Saturn Ryo from WTF's Shenmue. I'm waiting for news.

2nd thing:
Shenmue plugin... YES. I found it for 180,000 Yens and said two times to the forums to get it and extract ALL characters. But nobody thinks like me.
Here is the link:
http://www.borndigital.co.jp/software/s ... p_kit.html

I'm not 100% sure if it's a place to buy it or some kind of anouncement.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby LawXiu » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:31 pm

^That's £1400 to UK users. Is it really needed?
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby dotsona » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:21 pm

Wow great find! Except that is really expensive, we should try and contact them to see if we can get a lower price.

Here is it translated: http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... =&ie=UTF-8
dotsona
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue Mods

Postby Fenix » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:20 am

LawXiu wrote:^That's £1400 to UK users. Is it really needed?

Of course it is!
That's the engine. You can extract all you want and even make new games \:D/

dotsona wrote:Wow great find! Except that is really expensive, we should try and contact them to see if we can get a lower price.

Here is it translated: http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... =&ie=UTF-8

And take a look at this :P
http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... =&ie=UTF-8

All plugins that come with the software.

1300 is not really expensive for a soft like this... You can have Navision that is used by companies with adminitration or contability uses and it can cost more than 30.000$.
I'd like to get this one by myself but I have some problem because I bought some parts for my car and I paid a lot of money + the Shenmue Beta... And Christmas is coming (more money on presents \:D/ )... And for last, I am not skilled to use this program...

My idea is making a group buy... You or Master Kyodai can have the original one (you guys are more talented with this kind of things) and then make copies for the rest of users that paid it.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:23 pm

http://sunsoft.jp/shenmue-gai/index2.html

I'm hearing it's a Shenmue Side Story, it will take place in Yokosuka, and the player’s character will be the main character of this particular side story-- the side story will revolve around the person we play as, and takes place after the events portrayed in Shenmue I. Important characters to the saga will be involved in the script, taking the role of Non Playable Characters. I'm hearing that it will possess ‘compelling visual’s' (I wonder how much can we expect from them faced with this info versus the service it will be on and the limited development funds). Then comes the social aspects of the title, that problably will use a free-to-play model with item based micro-transactions.

I am really curious about the story and... it's a side story! It's not the continuation of the story we know and adore. Meaning, this is surely (an attempt) to start a ressurection of the series as a franchise, not a 'this is it' kind of deal. Faring good or not, this is indeed a good sign.

The stars are really aligning, if ever so slowly.
Last edited by ThyDarkAngel on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby mue 26 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:58 pm

Dorian wrote:It wasn't a failure. It sold well. It couldn't possibly earn SEGA 70 million bucks but it did a good for a new IP released on a dying console. The times have changed and Shenmue would only do better now, especially with its cult status. Many people would buy this game just because it has "Shenmue" in the title.
Another major failure would probably put them out of buisness for good

No. SEGA is now a part of Sammy. They have loads of money from other sources than video games. Besides, Shenmue II wouldn't cost as much as Shenmue I&II did.

I agree with this. Considering that SII was originally released on a Dreamcast which was already in the process of dying and had a very limited market compared to the playstation, as far as I'm aware it sold quite well. Wasn't it the high volume of imports of the game to europe which eventually convinced Sega to release it here? And as for the xbox release, well I mean wow need I say anything they really should have known better, under the circumstances it was never gonna sell on that machine.

I also agree that S1 and SII, need not to remade for Shenmue 3 to come out and make a profit(even if not massive), Dorian is right it's cult status is definitely something which will work in the games favour(and despite what everyone says in the years since it's release, the name Shenmue has become somewhat legendary and very well known to followers of the industry), also is it just me or are cult games seemingly able to achieve greater success these days, I mean what with the relative success Demons Souls,Deadly premonition, and the Persona games recently?

A good recap at the start of the game would be essential though, and the release of SI+SII as downloadable games(which will almost surely happen) would help immeasurably as well.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:43 pm

ThyDarkAngel wrote:http://sunsoft.jp/shenmue-gai/index2.html

I'm hearing it's a Shenmue Side Story, it will take place in Yokosuka, and the player’s character will be the main character of this particular side story-- the side story will revolve around the person we play as, and takes place after the events portrayed in Shenmue I. Important characters to the saga will be involved in the script, taking the role of Non Playable Characters. I'm hearing that it will possess ‘compelling visual’s' (I wonder how much can we expect from them faced with this info versus the service it will be on and the limited development funds). Then comes the social aspects of the title, that problably will use a free-to-play model with item based micro-transactions.

I am really curious about the story and... it's a side story! It's not the continuation of the story we know and adore. Meaning, this is surely (an attempt) to start a ressurection of the series as a franchise, not a 'this is it' kind of deal. Faring good or not, this is indeed a good sign.

The starts are really aligning, if ever so slowly.

So...it's basically Shenmue Online revived? (The website shows Shenmue Online characters).
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Oppy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:24 pm

^Thats exactly what I thaught. Guess all those character models and enviroments for shenmue online arnt going to waste.
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: with your mums titties

Postby Panda_rapist » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Oppy wrote:^Thats exactly what I thaught. Guess all those character models and enviroments for shenmue online arnt going to waste.

according to this it plans for the games of mobage town to run on any device, so i woudnt put to mutch hope into that
http://civicbeacon.com/tag/mobage-town/
its a shame though, the shenmue online world looked interesting
Panda_rapist

Postby Axm » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:23 pm

I like it. Thanks for the info Dark.
I have a more positive attitude about this project now. I think we could see it work in our favor. Not just as a quick cash in or exploitation of the name. Aslong as Suzuki is behind it and aslong as its not a continuation of the main story, it doesnt hurt to have this project made. And if it were to come to the west, then all the better. We could use the name being thrown around more in the media to pick up steam for the future.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Without Remorse » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:57 pm

If I have the ability to pay money for it I will do so. I western fans have some kind of way to support it eventually. I'm trying really REALLY hard not to get my hopes up. It's quite difficult.

This Sega comment is a big deal. Someone important at Sega said the words "Shenmue 3" without any undertones of disgust or irritation. A huge step in the right direction. Lets hope the momentum picks up as time goes along, and doesn't dissolve into nothingness.
Without Remorse
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: W1TH0UT REMORSE
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Super Meat Boy

Postby LionheartUK » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:02 pm

I havn't posted on the here in a very long time, But after seeing that Suzuki's own studio are working on this project it's got me interested enough to come and see what's up on the Dojo.

Even though it's a japanese only mobile based game, It's still interesting enough to see what could potentially come of this.

Looking at Shenmue Cities website we can all tell that it's bascially Shenmue Online material remade for a mobile platform so mabye this will be episodic content? Either way I hope it's succesful and they make tons of money from crazy people making lots of microtransactions with the chance of it being released in other countries in the future.

YS.net's official site has a statement from Suzuki himself, I was happy to see that his passion for video games hasn't died any which is quite suprising because of how SEGA have treated him over the years, I guess he's just extremely loyal either that or he escaped from the trunk in SEGA's basement recently.

I'm amazed he never joined another top studio to be honest he could walk into a job anywhere in the gaming industry if he wanted,The guy is a legend and it's a real shame he's not released his own game since 2001.
LionheartUK
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby BlueMue » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:39 am

I'm still sceptical about this little side project. It's nice to finally get some official infos and that Yu is involved but I still don't know how to rate this. It might raise the possiblity of Shenmue III or it could very well be the nail to it's coffin. It just depends what Yu's intentions for Shenmue City are. After all it COULD be a way to get around making Shenmue III. But I don't think about that as much as I did earlier since it's in a parallel universe and thus it's unlikely that it finishes the saga, at least in the way it was intended for the real Shenmue games.

But I have to say that it's interessting that they use material from Shenmue Online for the presentation of Shenmue City. I really wonder if this is the case with the game itself aswell and if it's really going to be a water down version of all the established stuff of Shenmue Online. It would make sense...
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:32 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:

So...it's basically Shenmue Online revived? (The website shows Shenmue Online characters).

Indeed it seems like it will be SO, in terms of why this project is being made.
Still, I think past that it will not be similar to what Shenmue Online would be.
In a 'Shenmue I side story on Mogabe' I am not expecting to see fight after fight and fire balls flying around.
I am expecting to see story driven exploration of Yokosuka, characters cameos, mini-games.
Of Shenmue Online I am guessing they will problably just pick the 'alter ego' constrution and some visual work.
I hope I am right.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Dorian » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:01 pm

Nope, it's not SO. Suzki is just reusing some stuff from the past games because he clearly has a low budget.

This game will be very Japanese not only because it is set in Japan (duh!) - the gameplay will be very... rubbish, so that the whole thing can be enjoyed by Japanese kids who want to just have a quick fun on their PC. In a sense, this is Shenmue Kids... The long-standing fans of the series will be disappointed like hell. Suzuki is trying to sell Shenmue once again - he is aiming at the current Japanese kids, not the old Shenmue fans. This is why I'm so bitter.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Currently playing: stuff

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates