Yu Suzuki at Toulouse Game Show

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Yu Suzuki at Toulouse Game Show

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:01 pm

You're the best, el_clown, and I mean it.

That is the best interview to Yu Suzuki in a very, very long time.

Thank you for taking my comments/questions to heart and keep supporting Shenmue.
We need more guys like you.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby DreamcastPast » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:46 pm

ThyDarkAngel wrote:You're the best, el_clown, and I mean it.

That is the best interview to Yu Suzuki in a very, very long time.

Thank you for taking my comments/questions to heart and keep supporting Shenmue.
We need more guys like you.

Agreed :)
DreamcastPast
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby el_clown » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:12 pm

THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!
el_clown
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: el clown
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby Ziming » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:51 pm

A new video of Yu Suzuki at TGS provided by Kenji. Kenji assisted "el_clown" as a translator at the Toulouse Show, and is also a part of the French fan-site Shenmue Master.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abcl2brorvw[/youtube]
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby The_Intruder » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:03 pm

Thanks for the translated video Ziming. Looking at the video is hard to say if he's going to make Shenmue III.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:08 pm

He seems to be backpedalling on the "I think SEGA will let me make it" to "I want to make it". :---)
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Spokane » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:42 pm

Well, it may be backpedaling but its two different things also, wanting to make it and SEGA letting him.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:36 pm

Ziming wrote:A new video of Yu Suzuki at TGS provided by Kenji. Kenji assisted "el_clown" as a translator at the Toulouse Show, and is also a part of the French fan-site Shenmue Master.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abcl2brorvw[/youtube]

Also a great interview!

Does the french Shenmue community rock or what? Such a warm welcome, the ever present cheering, the birthday song...

More power to you guys!

I am certain that these type of things mean much to Yu, and I know that, at the end of the day, whatever their official position regarding Shenmue, these sort of actions don't go unseen by Sega.

I am pretty much certain HD ports are at least being Seriously considered-- just look at the way Yu acts every time it is mentioned. Who knows if there isn't work being done regarding them.

Henry, Sega giving the green light and Suzuki wanting to do it are distinct things.

It's more or less clear that Sega is more available to talk about Shenmue these days than years back.
Yu Suzuki is not known to talk lightly about stuff (he often chooses silence when there isn't much he can say on a subject) even more so when regarding Shenmue.
If he said 'I think Sega will allow me to make it' I honestly believe there was at least a discussion (or that there are discussions) about the subject, and in that (on those) Sega showed itself more positive about it than before.
If the HD ports are on the table it just adds up. The wheels may be turning, if ever so slowly like it seems paramount when dealing with Shenmue.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bogaty » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:23 pm

Hello,

I think (expect...) that Shenmue 1 & 2 are already in development. On both interviews (from the el_clown's one (which is really excellent !) and the public one) he asked to reapeat the question and answered very strangely (he had a very different attitude about it than the one he had about Shenmue 3). Furthermore, Shenmue Gai and the declarations of SEGA about Shenmue ("requests taken very seriously" + Ryo in Sega All Star Racing + DLC) showed that SEGA considers the resurrection of Shenmue. They did it last years with Nights, Shinobi, Sakura Taisen (the first most wanted sequel in japan accroding to famitsu in 2009, the second one was Shenmue), and so on...

I think the main problem is the budget. SEGA and Yu have discussed it maybe for a long time. To see if this is right, we need to know who owns the licence Shenmue. I'm impatient to see the interview from Shenmue Master.
Bogaty
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby mue 26 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:28 pm

Big thanks to Kenji, what a great video! Yu Suzuki comes across as such a sweet guy. I can understand where Kenji was coming from when he said that some of the questions were oafish, though, it always baffles me how people can waste such a valuable occasion to ask such pointless things.But still, a really great video that has absolutely brought a huge smile to face. I loved it when the guy asked about Shenmue being a commercial disaster and Yu answered "After seeing you all, I am convinced this is not the case" and of course when he said his favorite game of his was Shenmue!! I feel so hopeful for the future of Shenmue right now...remember what I told you guys: the cogs of change have indeed started to turn in Shenmue's favor!

Oh and also the "Why call the game Shenmue" question was very interesting. It seemed to me, that he was reluctant to give the full answer because it somehow relates to a later chapter or theme the story. Is this what everybody else got?
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:06 am

mue 26 wrote:Big thanks to Kenji, what a great video! Yu Suzuki comes across as such a sweet guy. I can understand where Kenji was coming from when he said that some of the questions were oafish, though, it always baffles me how people can waste such a valuable occasion to ask such pointless things.But still, a really great video that has absolutely brought a huge smile to face. I loved it when the guy asked about Shenmue being a commercial disaster and Yu answered "After seeing you all, I am convinced this is not the case" and of course when he said his favorite game of his was Shenmue!! I feel so hopeful for the future of Shenmue right now...remember what I told you guys: the cogs of change have indeed started to turn in Shenmue's favor!

Oh and also the "Why call the game Shenmue" question was very interesting. It seemed to me, that he was reluctant to give the full answer because it somehow relates to a later chapter or theme the story. Is this what everybody else got?

Agreed on all accounts. That interview (minus the dumb questions) really puts a smile on my face and makes my heart melt.

Regarding your last post and the origin of the name Shenmue, I think you may be right and I go as far as to say Yu seemed emotional talking about it (have to see the video again to make sure I wasn't the only one emotional).

I really feel something may be happening behind the scenes.
Damn, I would have adored to have been there screaming and applauding for Shenmue!
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Ziming » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:08 pm

Part 2

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqF0Kcr9UAI[/youtube]
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby The_Intruder » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:57 pm

I am so happy that Yu future plans is to make Shenmue III if he gets the chance. Let's just hope he makes it sooner than later.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Spokane » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:26 am

I hate to think how much later it can be. Besides never.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Ziming » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:34 pm

Ziming
Banned
Banned