ECTS 2003

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

ECTS 2003

Postby LionheartUK » Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:47 pm

The ECTS event is on show later this month and microsoft and sega and a couple of others are showing off some big releases could shenmue 3 be there fingers crossed.The event is supposed to be Europe's answer to E3.
LionheartUK
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Kâiñ » Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:07 pm

it could happen
Kâiñ
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Contristo » Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:27 pm

Nope. It won't be there.
Contristo
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Souljah » Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:29 pm

well, ECTS is abit lame, I don't want to be pessimistic as I would love to see shenmue 3 (ANYWHERE!)
But ECTS is more like the - "well here is what Japan and the USA are letting us see" type of show.....

lol , well, you do have alot of talent in europe but it just doesnt get the same recognition.....
Souljah
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Daemos » Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:42 pm

agreed..
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Re: ECTS 2003

Postby Shodan » Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:25 pm

phill54 wrote:The ECTS event is on show later this month and microsoft and sega and a couple of others are showing off some big releases could shenmue 3 be there fingers crossed.The event is supposed to be Europe's answer to E3.

It's not held this month, ECTS 2003 is going to be held on August 27-29.

ECTS(European Computer Trades Show) is the biggest annual videogames trade show in Europe, but unfortunately it's relatively muted compared to much larger exhibitions like E3 or TGS. It would be extremely unlikely for any really big announcements to be made at ECTS given the small-ish size of the European games market.

So basically if Shenmue III is announced at ECTS 2003, then I shall honourably eat my hat. The biggest hope for a Shenmue III announcement is at this September's TGS.
Shodan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ChaiOgawa » Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:28 pm

Yea, I doubt a anouncement of it here, I dont think they would announce iton a underscored europe based show. Not taking away from any of you europeans but your kind of last on the video games chain.. compared to the three 1) Japan 2) America 3) Europe.
ChaiOgawa

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:48 pm

Those poor Europeans they always get everything last LOL... although they did get Shenmue 2 before us... well I got it the same time they did but offically they got it first
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Miles Prower » Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:34 am

ECTS is just far too lame, I'm afraid :P
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Veteah » Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:48 am

Shenmue wouldn't lower itself to go there, only I don't care as long as we get it.
Veteah
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Master Kyodai » Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:07 am

I´m not enthusiastic and I doubt it will be there - but as usual I don´t give up hope...
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby leehimself » Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:26 am

We do get certain things first, or at the same time, ects sucks cheese...
leehimself
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Paul » Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:24 am

And why is europe at the bottom of this great chain? chain? Well, japan has been the spawning ground for the greatest characters and sirises of all time - just look at sonic, mario, metal gear, don't forget shenmue. From the US, most of the best PC games ever, and lets not forget GTA. and when people picture europe and games, what fantastic creations are thought of? Rayman and Lara Croft. Yay.
Paul
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Europe is not [i]all[/i] crap.

Postby Shodan » Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:58 am

Paul wrote:And why is europe at the bottom of this great chain? chain? Well, japan has been the spawning ground for the greatest characters and sirises of all time - just look at sonic, mario, metal gear, don't forget shenmue. From the US, most of the best PC games ever, and lets not forget GTA. and when people picture europe and games, what fantastic creations are thought of? Rayman and Lara Croft. Yay.

You're right, America often seems to be the origin of the best PC games. However, Europe is not all crap.

Peter Molyneux and Lionhead Studios have some revolutionary titles credited to their name. Namely Populous, Theme Park(amen to Bullfrog) and Black&White.

Also, the highly ambitious BC and Fable both come from Lionhead satellites, which are both UK studios.

The fantastic Rareware are UK based and made some astounding games during the last console era. One certain 1997 title seems to spring to mind. ;)

Project Gotham Racing(also PGR2 and MSR) developers Bizarre Creations also happen to be UK based... Damn, I can't think of any non-UK examples! But you get the idea - Europe is not all crap, but still quite a bit behind US and Japan.

And btw Tomb Raider is sh*t - just thought I'd mention that. :lol:
Last edited by Shodan on Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shodan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Souljah » Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:58 am

I agree with Shodan and also stick by my original comment - European Developers and designers arent given enough credit for theyre contributions to the gaming world.
There is not enough money that goes into gaming over here (at least in the UK), people need to realise that Computer Games are NOT going to go away and they are a significant part of the future.....
Souljah

Next

Return to Shenmue III