who is the strongest out of them all?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby Gone Guest » Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:44 am

Edit
Last edited by Gone Guest on Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gone Guest
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby >>JCA<< » Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:50 am

Iden wrote:i still stick with the order; Ziming, Xuying, Lan Di, Niao-sun, Ryo but we really do not know about Niao-sun and wont until we play shenmue 3.

this order can never be right.

i'd say:

1) maybe the unknown old man of four chiyoumen leaders
2) lan di
3) xiuying
4) maybe niao sun
5) ziming
6) iwao
7) ryo
8) dou niu
9) chai
>>JCA<<
Asia Travel Representative

Postby The Archfiend » Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:54 am

I don't think Landi is the strongest, there is probably someone we don't know about who runs the whole syndicate being the Chiyoumen.
The Archfiend

Postby >>JCA<< » Sat Jun 21, 2003 11:49 am

Hellraiser wrote:I don't think Landi is the strongest, there is probably someone we don't know about who runs the whole syndicate being the Chiyoumen.

like i said, the old man (remember the picture of 4 chiyoumen leaders?)
>>JCA<<

Postby Contristo » Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:30 pm

Ine-san is the strongest.
Contristo
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby xXClouDXx » Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:42 pm

Ziming is older and more into Martial arts then LanDi.... On the other hand..... Landi know a deadly Martial arts style.... but i'm still with ziming
xXClouDXx
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby xXClouDXx » Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:44 pm

here take a look!
xXClouDXx
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby xXClouDXx » Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:47 pm

and here!
xXClouDXx
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Akurei » Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:13 pm

Lan Di is the strongest and better martial artist. We don't know anything about Ziming or Niao Sun's fighting abilities so it's not fair to enter them into this poll.
Also, about Iwao....why wouldn't he give it his best when fighting Lan Di? His son was there watching, Fuka-san was just thrown out of the dojo, Ine-san was hurt by Land Di and his henchmen....If I were in his position, like anyone else, I would have tried my hardest to beat him. And for him throwing a sloppy punch when he got up...let anyone try throwing a well balanced punch when they've just got the crap kicked out of them....getting hit drains your energy just as much as throwing a punch or kick.
Akurei

Postby xXClouDXx » Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:52 pm

I know what Zimings style is! its the same on as Xuying.....
xXClouDXx
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Akurei » Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:27 pm

RyoHazuki wrote:I know what Zimings style is! its the same on as Xuying.....

How do you know it's the same as Xiu Ying's style? Ziming left when he was a kid, probably before any hard martial arts training. I'm sure his style is different than Xiu Ying's because of him leaving her when they were kids.....you can't obtain that much martial arts skills when you're that young, so he had to learn much more somewhere else as she learned much more at the temple. He may be better than her, and may be better than Land Di, but we haven't even seen Ziming fight....none the less seen him in Shenmue. Once he pops up in the Shenmue series then it would be good to enter him into the poll, but until then, Lan Di is the man. :lying:
Akurei

Postby FoxHound » Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:06 pm

Akurei wrote:Lan Di is the strongest and better martial artist. We don't know anything about Ziming or Niao Sun's fighting abilities so it's not fair to enter them into this poll.
Also, about Iwao....why wouldn't he give it his best when fighting Lan Di? His son was there watching, Fuka-san was just thrown out of the dojo, Ine-san was hurt by Land Di and his henchmen....If I were in his position, like anyone else, I would have tried my hardest to beat him. And for him throwing a sloppy punch when he got up...let anyone try throwing a well balanced punch when they've just got the crap kicked out of them....getting hit drains your energy just as much as throwing a punch or kick.

Have you ever murdered anyone? I highly doubt it. So you can't claim that you would have done the same thing in his position because, more than likely, you've never been in such a position to begin with. Sure, we're not 100% certain tha Iwao murdered Zhao, but he still had something to with his death, even if accidental.

Again, there are several clues in the game that lead me to believe that Iwao was in fact stronger than Lan Di, but he simply didn't give it his best. The biggest clue of this comes from Yu Suzuki himself, because even though Iwao knew the Shadow Step move, he never used it. Ryo questions why he didn't try it and even the hobo who tought him the move tells him that sometimes it's just not worth fighting.

You can't honestly think that even though Iwao was a master of the Hazuki style of Jujitsu, he couldn't even get one hit in on Lan Di. Only someone who isn't truly experienced (such as Ryo who fails to even touch Xiuying) would get beaten that easily.
FoxHound
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Forklift#5 » Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:54 pm

pfft......none of them I AM!
Forklift#5
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby JpegMasterJesse » Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:28 pm

I definately agree with the people that say iwao is the strongest, someone mentioned that ryo was right there, so iwao should have defeated lan-di if he could. But I think that iwao wanted the last thing for his son to see of his father, is him accepting death. And he definitely wouldn't want ryo to see him kill someone.
JpegMasterJesse

Postby FoxHound » Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:46 pm

JpegMasterJesse wrote:I definately agree with the people that say iwao is the strongest, someone mentioned that ryo was right there, so iwao should have defeated lan-di if he could. But I think that iwao wanted the last thing for his son to see of his father, is him accepting death. And he definitely wouldn't want ryo to see him kill someone.

That's another thing- If Iwao did in fact have something to do with the death of Zhao, the last thing he would want would be to once again be the cause of someone's death. The problem with Iwao was that he was taking an defensive style when battling Lan Di, as opposed to an offensive style. Again, because he was probably afraid of killing someone again (or being related to someone's death directly). However, if he wanted to, he probably could have been merciless to Lan Di and finished him off for good.
FoxHound
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III