ricedigital.co.uk: Shenmue I&II HD in 2017, SIII maybe 2018

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: ricedigital.co.uk: Shenmue I&II HD in 2017, SIII maybe 2

Postby Valascaziel » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:02 pm

An April release could be likely, but I still see it coming in May or most likely June.

I just want a physical version. Who knows--maybe it'll be digital only at first, then GameStop will have an exclusive limited physical release like Ultimate MvC3 for PS4. I reserved that because I know it'll be worth a damned fortune later, like MvC2 was for PS2/XBOX.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby celsowm » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:41 pm

In a multiverse world Shenmue HD would be announced this friday with the hashtag campaign #ShenmueHDSaved and at the same time a new Shenmue 3 feature would be announced: Import the data file of Shenmue I & II...

Well, a man can dream !
celsowm
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: celsowmbr
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby SMDzero » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:49 pm

I sort of wish Shenmue 1 HD had come out Christmas 2015, Shenmue 2 HD Christmas 2016, and finally Shenmue 3 Christmas 2017.

How cool of a release schedule would that have been?
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Anonymous81 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:56 pm

Very cool. :)

Yeah I definitely want a physical release. I'd buy two, never opening one. Ever.
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Monkei » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:07 am

Anonymous81 wrote: Very cool. :)

Yeah I definitely want a physical release. I'd buy two, never opening one. Ever.

Haha, same here. Kinda. With Shenmue III I'll keep my backer-exclusive physical copy sealed*, and I might buy another physical copy from Amazon to also keep it sealed*, should the box(art) be drastically different. Additionally I'll buy the game digitally (like all my games since I started playing on PS4) to actually play it. I might do something similar with Shenmue HD.
I kinda want to hold these in my hands when they finally get real. And I want to put some more money down to show support, and raise the number of copies sold via retail.

*I might get curious about how they look on the inside and change my mind about the "keeping them sealed" part in the end. Maybe I'll buy more to open them. :lol: It's all depending my financial situation at that time of course.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:55 am

I probably won't be able to buy physical (because PC), but I'm definitely going to double dip where possible.

Hopefully Shenmue HD isn't restricted to only the platforms of Shenmue III. I know it sounds backwards, but it's ultimately something that could work out well for YSnet and even Sony. If people like Shenmue HD, then they'll have to either get a PS4 (or have an appropriately powerful PC) to play III at launch or during the exclusivity period. Exposing Shenmue HD to a wider base gives III an inherently bigger audience.

It also helps keep the door open for potential Xbox/Switch ports of III down the line if the contract with Sony allows for it. Ultimately we want the game to sell as many copies as possible and that could mean porting to attract a larger audience to help keep the series alive.

Although, given the userbase on the PS4 alone, the game should have an already ample audience to sell to. If III can't be a success on PS4, it won't be a success anywhere else.

Not that I think that's going to happen, of course. Shenmue is in the best possible position to sell than it ever has been. It's just up to YSnet to give it their all and make an amazing game on a shoestring budget.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Amir » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:17 am

Please be a June release so I can build a Ryzen + Vega PC to play it...

*dreams of Shenmue in 4K...*
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby ShenmueForeseen » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:26 am

So long as they offer both Japanese and English voices as an option I will be happy.

ShenmueForeseen has received a thanks from: Anonymous81
ShenmueForeseen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:48 am

Hi everybody, I work for Sega and I'll be taking notes on some of the feedback I see in this thread. :)

ShenmueForeseen wrote:So long as they offer both Japanese and English voices as an option I will be happy.

"Having ruled out dual audio in last week's meeting we now needn't bother making the game at all."

Thanks everybody, this has been most insightful!

Staaaaaaay Sonic!

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: Anonymous81, Kiske
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Telekill » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:40 pm

I'm still guessing that we'll have a Shenmue 3 update at this E3 and then directly after they'll have the "Play the first chapters now with the HD Collection. Available digitally now on PS4 and PC and releasing on disc tomorrow at retail." They would then show a trailer for the HD Collection and close out the Shenmue E3 limelight for this year.

That's my guess.

I'm planning to buy the Shenmue HD Collection on disc and will have my physical Shenmue 3 copy when it's eventually released. I'll keep them in their boxes along side my Uncharted games. Those will be the only two series that I keep the boxes for. I have specialized case that holds 120 discs to put my games in and it saves a ton of space.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby The_Intruder » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:48 pm

My wish now is having the HD remastered with both games bundle announced at E3 with a trailer and becoming available to buy from PSN/Steam right after the announcement and a big Shenmue 3 trailer with gameplay. I think it makes more sense selling both games bundle together like Final Fantasy X and X-2.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby delvec19 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:07 pm

delvec19 has received a thanks from: Anonymous81
delvec19

Postby Esppiral » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:19 pm

If they are going to just uprres the game and nothing elese, then they shouldn't waste the time.

Shenmue deserves a proper remaster just like Yakuza kiwami.

Esppiral has received a thanks from: Himuro
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby Telekill » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:11 pm

Esppiral wrote: If they are going to just uprres the game and nothing elese, then they shouldn't waste the time.

What constitutes a proper remaster in your opinion? Updated graphics, controls, voice overs, etc? i.e. Resident Evil 1996 vs Resident Evil Remake 2002? I don't see that happening.

If the games actually get released on PS4/PC as an HD collection I would be happy with widescreen HD resolution, trophy support (mandatory), and camera control integrated into second analog stick. I'd be perfectly happy with that and would easily pay the normal $60 asking price for the combo on disc with only those upgrades.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Himuro » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:24 pm

Esppiral wrote: If they are going to just uprres the game and nothing elese, then they shouldn't waste the time.

And leave the controls and everything the same too. It'd be a death sentence.

Telekill wrote:

What constitutes a proper remaster in your opinion? Updated graphics, controls, voice overs, etc? i.e. Resident Evil 1996 vs Resident Evil Remake 2002? I don't see that happening.

If the games actually get released on PS4/PC as an HD collection I would be happy with widescreen HD resolution, trophy support (mandatory), and camera control integrated into second analog stick. I'd be perfectly happy with that and would easily pay the normal $60 asking price for the combo on disc with only those upgrades.

Esspiral said remaster. He didn't say remake. REmake is a remake.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III