New Logo Implications for Shenmue 1&2 HD

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

New Logo Implications for Shenmue 1&2 HD

Postby Xandui » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:15 pm

One thing I haven't seen discussed is the implication of this new Shenmue 3 logo on the potential of HD releases of the original games. I have to imagine if Sega does put out HD versions of 1&2, they would do so under the original branding/logo of Shenmue (which they have a trademark on).

The way the Shenmue brand is potentially being handled here really bothers me. Either HD releases aren't gonna happen (and Yu knows this) or we're looking at a scenario where we have them released under original Shenmue branding while Shenmue 3 confusingly comes out with a totally different logo.

There is the possibility of Sega using Yu's new logo for the HD releases, but I would be very surprised to see that given the distance they've kept from the entire Shenmue 3 project (and now with Deep Silver we know there's no potential of Sega coming on as publisher for 3).

The potential lack of branding cohesion across all games in the series really frustrates me and just seems like an easy way to confuse potential new fans. Curious what y'all think.
Xandui
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Re: New Logo Implications for Shenmue 1&2 HD

Postby ShenmueLegacy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:50 am

Good point.

Maybe Yu can release his logo for Japan or special Director's Cut Edition and have the original logo be used Internationally.

A heartfelt compromise.

ShenmueLegacy has received a thanks from: Gastarot
ShenmueLegacy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Return to Shenmue III