The Shenmue 3 Effect: What could go wrong or right

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: The Shenmue 3 Effect: What could go wrong or right

Postby mjq jazz bar » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:31 pm

No rich person that isn't senile or completely mentally incapacitated would throw $50 million at anything, let alone a video game. It's a cute idea, though.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:56 pm

Clearing something up.

I said Shenmue_Legend was pestering millionaires on twitter. I got it mixed up with someone else. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=51125&start=15 where I went wrong.
BlueCreeperBoy12
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:47 pm

drunkensailor wrote:
Shenmue_Legend wrote:
Centrale wrote:
Shenmue_Legend wrote: What? No! Damn, if only Isao Okawa was still alive. I bet he would have funded Shenmue III which would obviously be amazing! Too bad there aren't more people like him in the world :sad:

Hyo Razuki wrote:What's more, S1 and 2, in fact Dreamcast as a whole were funded by a billionaire patron with too much money in his account, who didn't expect anything back. We can only guess why he did it. Maybe he had a soft spot for quality video games?

Isao Okawa wasn't just some random billionaire art patron who liked video games. He was involved with Sega (first via CSK Holdings) starting in 1984, ultimately becoming Sega's president in 1999. He invested his own money to keep Sega from going bankrupt.

He's a hero! Japanese people are the most kindest and best (excluding the idiots at Sega of course!). Do you know any other rich person that is involved with Sega?

reading your post you are either 12 years old or have the brain of one. It makes sense now.
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:45 pm

Shenmue_Legend wrote:
drunkensailor wrote:
Shenmue_Legend wrote:
Centrale wrote:
Shenmue_Legend wrote: What? No! Damn, if only Isao Okawa was still alive. I bet he would have funded Shenmue III which would obviously be amazing! Too bad there aren't more people like him in the world :sad:

Hyo Razuki wrote:What's more, S1 and 2, in fact Dreamcast as a whole were funded by a billionaire patron with too much money in his account, who didn't expect anything back. We can only guess why he did it. Maybe he had a soft spot for quality video games?

Isao Okawa wasn't just some random billionaire art patron who liked video games. He was involved with Sega (first via CSK Holdings) starting in 1984, ultimately becoming Sega's president in 1999. He invested his own money to keep Sega from going bankrupt.

He's a hero! Japanese people are the most kindest and best (excluding the idiots at Sega of course!). Do you know any other rich person that is involved with Sega?

reading your post you are either 12 years old or have the brain of one. It makes sense now.

To be fair you do act like a 12 year old a lot. (Coming from someone called BlueCreeperBoy12...)
BlueCreeperBoy12

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Previous

Return to Shenmue III