Yu Suzuki will be at Magic Monaco 2018

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Yu Suzuki will be at Magic Monaco 2018

Postby sutoji » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:15 am

Yu Suzuki will attend MAGIC Monaco 2018, "in order to share with you the latest cool stuff regarding Shenmue III"

https://twitter.com/MagicMonaco/status/ ... 0133443585

24th Feb! That's not too long away at all!

sutoji
Banned
Banned

Re: Yu Suzuki will be at Magic Monaco 2018

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:38 am

To be honest, I think they shouldn't have shown anything to anyone until E3 2018. That way, it'd build a lot of hype and anticipation for it. Then when they finally reveal an official full trailer of Shenmue III that blows everyone away and is basically a mic drop moment for them, it would have a HUGE impact on everyone. But still, it's nice that we'll get to see more Shenmue III soon!
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby shmoozip » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:10 am

Shenmue_Legend wrote: To be honest, I think they shouldn't have shown anything to anyone until E3 2018. That way, it'd build a lot of hype and anticipation for it. Then when they finally reveal an official full trailer of Shenmue III that blows everyone away and is basically a mic drop moment for them, it would have a HUGE impact on everyone. But still, it's nice that we'll get to see more Shenmue III soon!

well i hope they wont do us like with the sony thing. i was very dissapointed
shmoozip
Banned
Banned

Postby iyapol » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:26 pm

This is awesome news, and something for us all to look forward to in the New Year. Cheers, Yu!
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Sappharad » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:48 pm

Shenmue_Legend wrote: To be honest, I think they shouldn't have shown anything to anyone until E3 2018. That way, it'd build a lot of hype and anticipation for it. Then when they finally reveal an official full trailer of Shenmue III that blows everyone away and is basically a mic drop moment for them, it would have a HUGE impact on everyone. But still, it's nice that we'll get to see more Shenmue III soon!

Too many people elsewhere are complaining because they think the team is behind schedule. Waiting over 6 months is not going to help with that.

By next June (E3) they will have less than 3 months to finish the game if they want to meet manufacturing deadlines for a physical release by the end of 2018. If they finish in September they won't be able to release until the end of November or early December. The people at MAGIC should be seeing actual gameplay if the project is on schedule for 2018. (At least, that's what I would expect.)

I pointed this out once during a previous discussion in 2016 and I don't remember how many examples I provided, but games are typically finished around 2 months before release. For example, the final build of Uncharted 4 that went to manufacturing was finished March 18th 2016 and the game was released on May 10th of that year.

Sappharad has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shmoozip » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:03 am

Sappharad wrote:

Too many people elsewhere are complaining because they think the team is behind schedule. Waiting over 6 months is not going to help with that.

By next June (E3) they will have less than 3 months to finish the game if they want to meet manufacturing deadlines for a physical release by the end of 2018. If they finish in September they won't be able to release until the end of November or early December. The people at MAGIC should be seeing actual gameplay if the project is on schedule for 2018. (At least, that's what I would expect.)

I pointed this out once during a previous discussion in 2016 and I don't remember how many examples I provided, but games are typically finished around 2 months before release. For example, the final build of Uncharted 4 that went to manufacturing was finished March 18th 2016 and the game was released on May 10th of that year.

i am almost 100 procent sure they are behind schedule. the ball only has rolled recently. after the deep silver thing they started to connect with all investors and outsourced manpower. this is a clear message that getting to the deadline is really their aim. but it is also an indication that they MIGHT not make it

i wont be dissapointed but the assumptions are there for a good reason
shmoozip
Banned
Banned

Postby Jesse » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:22 am

It is always good to see Yu out and about at these shows. It'll be interesting what screens or footage he shows of Shenmue. Hopefully some in-game snippets and then a trailer at E3 if they still plan on hitting the 2018 date.
Jesse
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Jrockstr

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:44 pm

Sappharad wrote:

Let them complain I say. There's no pleasing fools like that anyway.
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby Sonoshee » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:53 pm

Sappharad wrote:
Too many people elsewhere are complaining because they think the team is behind schedule.

These people are quick to forget the days when we didn't even have a Shenmue 3 to look forward to.
Who wants a rushed Shenmue 3 anyway? I certainly don't.

Sonoshee has received a thanks from: Shenmue_Legend
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shmoozip » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:34 pm

Sonoshee wrote:
Sappharad wrote:
Too many people elsewhere are complaining because they think the team is behind schedule.

These people are quick to forget the days when we didn't even have a Shenmue 3 to look forward to.

all i want is a good game
shmoozip
Banned
Banned

Postby Sappharad » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:08 pm

Sonoshee wrote:
Sappharad wrote:

I don't think they're behind schedule to achieve 2018, and they're definitely not rushing. They didn't even start to look at character models seriously until the 2nd half of this year. They're scaling their resources appropriately based on where they are in development.

I have rough estimates for things I would expect to see by certain times (some of which are opinions that I've posted in other threads) and so far that seems to have been reasonable. I was expecting the character stuff that we started seeing in August by last December and once that passed it seemed very possible a delay would happen. The extended trailer showed privately to press in August apparently already showed some form of in-game play. I'm expecting that we will see actual gameplay footage either before or perhaps they'll save it for MAGIC. If we haven't heard any news about motion capture or VO sessions by the end of April, it's going to be very unlikely that they'll make 2018. That's just my personal benchmark for them though based on my estimates of how long things take to do.

What criteria are others holding them to that makes you think they're behind again? We know back in August from interviews that the environments were about 70% done. That's necessary for all of the stuff they'll be filling them up with for the remainder of development, (including the characters) so at this point they're going to be building the part that they can actually show things from, not just random environments.

Sappharad has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Valascaziel » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:23 am

It is a bit of a tough call on a 2018 release. I hold out hope that it will make late 2018, but my gut tells me we're looking at a 2019 release.

We have not seen anything recent, as the initial trailer was months old footage. We know the environments were around 70% done back then, so one might extrapolate they are done by now.

It's worth bringing up that Bloodstained is gearing for a 2018 release, but despite being much further along than Shenmue 3, even it doesn't have a definitive date as of now.

We haven't seen gameplay, finalized character models and subsequent animation, interface, etc. We don't know specifically what is now included with the injection of Deep Silver that wasn't before, aside from scale. Is the battle system now fully fleshed out or do we, via Slacker Backer, still need to push for that $7 million Mark? When can we upgrade our pledge tiers? When is the demo? So many questions.

It depends on what they show here at Magic that'll help determine where they are.

If we haven't received any significant updates by E3, I would say it is delayed again. It's possible they could wait to tip their hand at E3 for maximum hype, but I really don't know.

E3 2018 is shaping up to be monster for Sony, with Devil May Cry V rumored, REmakemake 2, Kingdom Hearts III, whatever From's title is(probably Bloodborne 2)..I worry they'll have much of their spotlight usurped.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shmoozip » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:26 pm

well that is allreaedy a reason to believe this game is gonna come out in 2020 when i stop gaming.
bloodstained is taking ages. its not even funny anymore
shmoozip
Banned
Banned

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:22 pm

Bloodstained's Kickstarter ended only a couple of months before S3's.

I really hope Yu and his team can make the 2018 deadline and won't have to postpone the game. A late 2018 release would make it a three-and-a-half year development cycle. That should be enough to make an adventure game like S3. I think it should be quite feasible now with Lakshya on board.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shmoozip » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:41 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote: Bloodstained's Kickstarter ended only a couple of months before S3's.

I really hope Yu and his team can make the 2018 deadline and won't have to postpone the game. A late 2018 release would make it a three-and-a-half year development cycle. That should be enough to make an adventure game like S3. I think it should be quite feasible now with Lakshya on board.

Honest answer. What if the game comes out in 2020? I mean look at their updates. They are certainly at the fresh beginning of developing.

Im 34 years and i allready started to play less games. To be honest im not sure if i will play it in 2020.

Take in mind the fanbase of shenmue is around my age mostly and some youngsters who had a brother playing shenmue.
But delaying the game has more consequences then you might think
shmoozip
Banned
Banned

Next

Return to Shenmue III