Pretty good model comparison

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Pretty good model comparison

Postby sutoji » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:17 am

Hopefully the 2018 model is more faithful to the one on the left, I know that the resolution is lower for that one
sutoji
Banned
Banned

Re: Pretty good model comparison

Postby Steenkoud » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:53 am

i still like the left one better.
Steenkoud
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:17 am

Steenkoud wrote: i still like the left one better.

Same
BlueCreeperBoy12
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:59 pm

I hope they aim for the promo models. They've always looked WAY better than Dreamcast Ryo so I'd be disappointed if we get him looking like that. And besides, a new Shenmue should mean a newer and better Ryo since this is going to be the only chance they have to go for something else. You know, that 14 year wait was a great thing in some ways and this is one of them. The fact we could actually have Ryo looking like the promo models is simply amazing!
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby shmoozip » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:06 pm

i really like the new one. it looks solid and slightly upgraded. he has more maturity and his body went from ectomorph to the 25plus age of an endomorph. this is perfect. i dont get why there are so many purists. its not like that ryo hazuki is unrecognizable
shmoozip
Banned
Banned

Postby Abraham_1 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:34 pm

The proportions are definitely a little off. Ryo looks chubbier in the new version; this is especially clear in his face region. He needs a more defined jawline like in the original. He's a martial artist after all and exercsises regularly.

I also prefer the original's contrast in colours; it gives it a more artistic look which is necessary for a low budget game. The newer one's colours look somewhat bland in comparison, I.e. Look at Ryo's jacket. Maybe the saturation of the photos is different idk, but I think it should be more colourful especially since it's set in a rural environment (though with that being said the environments themselves do look great and colourful in Shenmue 3).

Abraham_1 has received a thanks from: NeoShredder
Abraham_1
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: THEBIGFATDUDE
Nintendo FC: abraham_b123
Steam: Abraham_B
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Danganronpa V3

Postby Sappharad » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:25 pm

Should I call you out for hot linking an image that someone else originally posted on Resetera?
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2276596/

Unless you want to say that was you with a different username.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby NeoShredder » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:08 am

Abraham_1 wrote: Image

The proportions are definitely a little off. Ryo looks chubbier in the new version; this is especially clear in his face region. He needs a more defined jawline like in the original. He's a martial artist after all and exercsises regularly.

I also prefer the original's contrast in colours; it gives it a more artistic look which is necessary for a low budget game. The newer one's colours look somewhat bland in comparison, I.e. Look at Ryo's jacket. Maybe the saturation of the photos is different idk, but I think it should be more colourful especially since it's set in a rural environment (though with that being said the environments themselves do look great and colourful in Shenmue 3).

Agree with everything you said here. I think the contrast thing on the jacket might be because the dreamcast jacket has "baked-in lighting" for the texture for the folds and creases whereas the new one is literally a realistic "brown leather jacket". They should take some artisitic license with this and turn up the saturation.

Agree with the face and the sooner they put facial expressions back in the better. His eyes still look so vacant.

But obviously the shot on the left is a staged promo photo with an exact expression and look whereas right is in game.
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:36 am

Sappharad wrote: Should I call you out for hot linking an image that someone else originally posted on Resetera?
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2276596/

Unless you want to say that was you with a different username.

Not got anything better to do? :rotflmao:
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:00 am

How dare he use an image from Resetera? Ban OP! This is a scandal! ](*,) :king:

Back on topic. Thanks for posting this comparison. I'm almost happy with "Unreal 4 Ryo". A few tweaks here and there and we're good.

The new model's body needs to be a bit leaner, especially in the face which looks a bit chubbier than before (also he looks too young imho, but that might be because of the face being chubbier).

Body-wise new Ryo looks like a "normal" young man, not like a guy who works out regularly. Face body and legs need to be a little leaner and more defined.

The jacket needs to be a bit darker, the jeans a bit lighter in color. Other than that, YS Net have already done a pretty good job, I'd say.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:59 am

Hyo Razuki wrote: How dare he use an image from Resetera? Ban OP! This is a scandal! ](*,) :king:

Back on topic. Thanks for posting this comparison. I'm almost happy with "Unreal 4 Ryo". A few tweaks here and there and we're good.

The new model's body needs to be a bit leaner, especially in the face which looks a bit chubbier than before (also he looks too young imho, but that might be because of the face being chubbier).

Body-wise new Ryo looks like a "normal" young man, not like a guy who works out regularly. Face body and legs need to be a little leaner and more defined.

The jacket needs to be a bit darker, the jeans a bit lighter in color. Other than that, YS Net have already done a pretty good job, I'd say.

In my opinion, I think he needs a big overhaul in order to look like the definitive version. After a TON of studying on every Ryo model, this is the best one overall Image

I also think the jeans are the right colour. I mean if you see the Shenmue Online trailer, they are of a similar color. A misconception of Ryo's jeans is that some people think they're light blue. Nuh uh, the correct color is mid blue!
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby Tortu_genial » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:42 pm

the new model is ok for me.
it is not perfect but it do the job :)

With some little tweak, I am sure the final result will be great

Thank you for posting this picture :)
Tortu_genial
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby SledgeNE » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:37 am

I like the new model of Ryo, too. It looks Next-Gen.
SledgeNE

Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Return to Shenmue III