Update #78: Then, Now and Tomorrow

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Update #78: Then, Now and Tomorrow

Postby mjq jazz bar » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:05 pm

I really think you should take a deep breath and remember Yu Suzuki is the brain behind one of the most complex and rewarding fighting series of all time. Let's see what he comes up with before we freak out. I think he's the only person in the world I'd trust with retooling Shenmue's battle system.

Just one man's opinion, but I think you should consider this before worrying too much about the change.

mjq jazz bar has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Abraham_1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:46 am

gillian_seed wrote:
Abraham_1 wrote:
darksniper wrote: Also that logo needs to go. There was nothing wrong with the original logo at all.

Whilst I also wish the logo would go, I don’t think that’s possible. Legally, there’s a reason for Yu Suzuki not choosing the original logo; it could have something to do with the partnership with Deep Silver. Or the possibility of Shenmue HD from Sega.

So many people have made it clear that they prefer the original logo; I doubt he’s ignoring us. I just don’t think he can.

I don't think so, since the original logo was chosen two months before the new and ugly one was presented in the Gamescon, so it's completely possible to use the classic font

That’s my point; it could have been because of the partnership wih Deep Silver. As you’ve suggested, there was an announcement shortly before the partnership with Deep Silver saying they will use the old logo due to popular demand. Then, suddenly, Yu Suzuki makes a new logo; doesn’t that sound fishy? Then we find out that at the exact same time they showed us the new logo, they had entered into a partnership with a Deep Silver. We know this in retrospect since they didn’t announce the partnership until after they announced the logo change, possibly to avoid us linking the two together.

Therefore, it’s logical to conclude that the Deep Silver partnership may have had an impact on the logo, but we have no idea. Someone who interviews Yu has to ask him directly about this.
Abraham_1
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: THEBIGFATDUDE
Nintendo FC: abraham_b123
Steam: Abraham_B
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Danganronpa V3

Postby mjq jazz bar » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:54 am

The logo looks really good in Japanese.
mjq jazz bar