Comparison Ryo with and without facial animations/new model

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Comparison Ryo with and without facial animations/new mo

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:44 am

Henry Spencer wrote: I was at Monaco, pretty sure I caught Biscay saying to wait for further game events this year such as Gamescom, E3 and others to see the game again. Anybody else that was there please feel free to correct me on that.

Everything in that trailer is old hat, so the "issues" with character models (placeholder), QTEs (placeholders), QTE Fight animations being off (placeholder) and other such stuff is no concern for me. It was just great immersing myself in that Shenmue atmosphere with that music and the look/aesthetic of Shenmue 3. Those screenshots capture the Dreamcast aesthetic very well for me. That's what I wanted exactly. It's made me excited.

Oh, I have no doubt that the game is way more advanced than what is shown in that extended trailer, which is my entire point actually. I mean, that's why I made a comparison to show just how much better the Shenmue tree scene looks now. My gripe is, I KNOW the development team is much further ahead than show they show in the extended trailer so I find it pretty frustrating that they just don't release that same exact trailer but with the new assets and models instead of the old version.

Like,.that would have pleased almost everyone. But it is what it is.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Hazuki00 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:08 am

ShenmueTree wrote:
Henry Spencer wrote: I was at Monaco, pretty sure I caught Biscay saying to wait for further game events this year such as Gamescom, E3 and others to see the game again. Anybody else that was there please feel free to correct me on that.

Everything in that trailer is old hat, so the "issues" with character models (placeholder), QTEs (placeholders), QTE Fight animations being off (placeholder) and other such stuff is no concern for me. It was just great immersing myself in that Shenmue atmosphere with that music and the look/aesthetic of Shenmue 3. Those screenshots capture the Dreamcast aesthetic very well for me. That's what I wanted exactly. It's made me excited.

Oh, I have no doubt that the game is way more advanced than what is shown in that extended trailer, which is my entire point actually. I mean, that's why I made a comparison to show just how much better the Shenmue tree scene looks now. My gripe is, I KNOW the development team is much further ahead than show they show in the extended trailer so I find it pretty frustrating that they just don't release that same exact trailer but with the new assets and models instead of the old version.

In a recent interview that has been done to Cedric, he says they didn't show the gameplay and more things because
"this isn't how business work". It's supposed to be show and advertised by Deep Silver in the upcoming events.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby adom11800 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:18 am

^ Like GDC hopefully.
adom11800
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Centrale » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:57 am

adom11800 wrote: ^ Like GDC hopefully.

Are there usually big reveals of upcoming games at GDC? I usually see things that are more like post mortems of completed games, explanations of various approaches to technical systems in game development, and awards for last year's games.
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby adom11800 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:00 am

Centrale wrote:
adom11800 wrote: ^ Like GDC hopefully.

Are there usually big reveals of upcoming games at GDC? I usually see things that are more like post mortems of completed games, explanations of various approaches to technical systems in game development, and awards for last year's games.

I see what you mean man but hopefully it will be different this time. They did say they will be going to more media events to show the game and I'm not trying to sound too blunt but there's no reason why we should wait until E3 for that. Hopefully it won't be long until we see the game again though and it will be worth the wait.
adom11800

Postby adom11800 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:13 am

Unless they show the game like crazy at E3 and afterwards but yeah just gotta be patient..
adom11800

Postby ShenmueTree » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:49 am

Hazuki00 wrote:
ShenmueTree wrote:

In a recent interview that has been done to Cedric, he says they didn't show the gameplay and more things because
"this isn't how business work". It's supposed to be show and advertised by Deep Silver in the upcoming events.

But that's not what I am talking about. I didn't suggest new gameplay. I suggested the same exact trailer with the updated models. Pretty sure YSNet/Shibuya Productions have enough leeway to have that approved of, since, well, we have already seen the new models in the recent screenshots.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shredingskin » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:05 pm

Finding investors, developing a game, paying an office and workers, external consultors/modelers, seem to me like a very stupid way to scam people.

But whatever.

shredingskin has received a thanks from: ShenmueTree
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby ShenmueTree » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:23 pm

Counterpoint: Star Citizen.
An actual scam.
It is graphically really pretty but the game is never going to be finished. Also 1000$ virtual spaceships.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Previous

Return to Shenmue III