I think I understand the meaning of the message..

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby Silas » Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:48 am

Beck wrote:"But we believe that we have something for you in the future."

This has to be Shenmue 3. It can't be anything else. Unless they are going to remake Shenmue 1 for the Xbox (which i doubt).
Every time something new happens with anything remotely concerned with SEGA, AM2, Digital Rex, there are always people who say, "This has to be Shenmue III, it can't be anything else."

HOWEVER, on this occasion, I really cannot see that it could be anything else. The guy being interviewed is another Shenmue designer, who again clearly regards his Shenmue work as among the best he's ever done. Talking to Shenmue fans, he can scarcely be talking about any other project of such importance to us. (Except the one thing worrying me - the continued non-appearance of Shenmue IIx in Japan)

LanDC that is one.hell.of.a.sig! That's not the Christmas Present from Muecas is it?? Anyway, that's going in my personal collection. Joy in a Christmas bikini - woohoo! :D
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Beck » Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:52 am

Silas wrote:Every time something new happens with anything remotely concerned with SEGA, AM2, Digital Rex, there are always people who say, "This has to be Shenmue III, it can't be anything else."
Yeah i know, but i don't think i said it before now.

And yeah, LanDC's sig rules!
Beck
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Silas » Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:57 am

My point was that people always say that when there could be a million other things to announce. (Over on another thread, reporter associated a jump in the SEGA share price to a possible Shenmue III announcement. There are many, many reasons why SEGA's price might jump, but believe me Shenmue ain't one of them!) But on this occasion it's actually true - "it can only be Shenmue III". By which I mean, that if it turns out not to be Shenmue III, well, by golly, it damn well ought to have been!
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Lan Di-sama » Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:59 am

I just want to go in a coma till e3...

4 and a half months away.

But look at the trend of the muecas update...if the fat guy keeps on interviewing people, they'll at least let some small hint slip!!! I wish the muecas was update more often.

And Silas, you're right. It HAS to be shenmue III...and they avoid telling us what they're working on.

If they're not working on shenmue III, they could say nothing. But they're avoiding it. So I think shenmue 3 is in development now...I hope it's been in development for a while too
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Beck » Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:05 pm

Silas wrote:My point was that people always say that when there could be a million other things to announce. (Over on another thread, reporter associated a jump in the SEGA share price to a possible Shenmue III announcement. There are many, many reasons why SEGA's price might jump, but believe me Shenmue ain't one of them!) But on this occasion it's actually true - "it can only be Shenmue III". By which I mean, that if it turns out not to be Shenmue III, well, by golly, it damn well ought to have been!
Yeah, i understood you Silas. And yes i agree, it CAN'T be anything else. If it is something else then it shouldnt have been put on the Shenmue site.
Beck
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Brothaman » Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:40 pm

Well folks, I think this is the closest thing to "solid news" that we've gotten from Sega concerning Shenmue III. It's a shame we still have to wait longer, but this time it looks like it's gonna be worth it. Hopefully, something else will leak from Sega before E3 2K4. :D
Brothaman
Purple Reign
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby spitfire89 » Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:54 pm

Steven wrote:Shenmue 3 at E3. I hope this is true but Microsoft are also apparently showing Xbox 2 off at E3. They are showing graphics stuff. Maybe Shenmue 3 cud be an Xbox 2 game. Sega could say it will be a launch title on Xbox 2. They better not or i will scream and look for people to take revenge on.

Thier only showing concept pictures and some graphic demos, I doubt it will be for xbox2
spitfire89
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby b_ren » Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:56 pm

Silas wrote:My point was that people always say that when there could be a million other things to announce. (Over on another thread, reporter associated a jump in the SEGA share price to a possible Shenmue III announcement. There are many, many reasons why SEGA's price might jump, but believe me Shenmue ain't one of them!) But on this occasion it's actually true - "it can only be Shenmue III". By which I mean, that if it turns out not to be Shenmue III, well, by golly, it damn well ought to have been!

Yeah that's true c'mon it's shenmue.com they wouldn't update meacus for Virtua Fighter Quest.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby LanDC » Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:23 pm

This sig is some fanart from an old Shenmue.com update :) I just had to put it on. I wish I could go in a coma too. We damn well better get something at e3 or I will give up most likely. E3 is a make or break time in this generation of consoles.. So if it's not there, we will be wondering what the fuck to buy for it next.. And all of the recent hype would be for nothing. A HUGE slap in the face.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby KiD » Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:50 pm

I think that the Japanese translation by Kiyuu and the English text that Shenmue.com gave us are supposed to be the same thing... the english part says ,"unfortunately, we have nothing to announce at this point, but we believe we have something for you in the future"...same as what kiyuu basically translated as "we can't announce anything yet, but please wait a bit more!"... I really hope that they're not playing with out minds and getting are hopes up once again to just shoot them down time after time...hopefully this is Shenmue 3 stuff that they're thinking about, and that we do get a confirmation at e3 if not sooner... why else keep the site updated. and what's this digital rex card that they're talkin about? it says to apply, so where do we apply for it??

EDIT: i went back and read the interview with the first designer from last month's muecas update... something caught my attention, at the end he says, "since we'll keep working hard, keep supporting us"... kinda makes u think, they're working hard on something we keep supporting, which could only mean Shenmue... they ARE giving us hints that they're workin on Shenmue... first the "bread and butter" remark, then he slipped something right under our noses... i wish they gave audio feed of these interviews, so we can hear the tone and personality of their voices when they say these things... that would be awesome
KiD
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Additional information....

Postby Kiyuu » Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:08 pm

KiD wrote:I think that the Japanese translation by Kiyuu and the English text that Shenmue.com gave us are supposed to be the same thing... the english part says ,"unfortunately, we have nothing to announce at this point, but we believe we have something for you in the future"...same as what kiyuu basically translated as "we can't announce anything yet, but please wait a bit more!"... I really hope that they're not playing with out minds and getting are hopes up once again to just shoot them down time after time...hopefully this is Shenmue 3 stuff that they're thinking about, and that we do get a confirmation at e3 if not sooner... why else keep the site updated. and what's this digital rex card that they're talkin about? it says to apply, so where do we apply for it??

The card that digitalrex will send is a New Year's card. It's Japanese custom to exchange cards
on the New Year's day. If you want it, send them email saying "give me the wonderful digitalrex'
New Year's Card, please!"  Ten lucky people will get a card with somebody's autograph.

The address is digitalrex': [email protected]

KiD wrote:EDIT: i went back and read the interview with the first designer from last month's muecas update... something caught my attention, at the end he says, "since we'll keep working hard, keep supporting us"... kinda makes u think, they're working hard on something we keep supporting, which could only mean Shenmue... they ARE giving us hints that they're workin on Shenmue... first the "bread and butter" remark, then he slipped something right under our noses... i wish they gave audio feed of these interviews, so we can hear the tone and personality of their voices when they say these things... that would be awesome

There's no doubt that they're working on Shenmue, nothing else, right now in digitalrex. :D
But, I'm afraid the message of Tetsu-san, the first desinger doesn't have any particular meaning.
It's Japanese custom to say that kind of stuff at the end of any interview:
As we'll work hard, keep supporting us.
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby code l name » Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:22 pm

As far as I can tell; it's all pointing to E3 either breaking the long drought and finally announcing Shenmue 3, or the status of Shenmue looking extremely bleak.
code l name
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Dr.Ryo » Thu Dec 25, 2003 10:10 am

Please don't let it be an Xbox 2 title...sooo expensive with new consoles. The consoles that are now are perfect for Shenmue i think. Cheap and great ^^
Dr.Ryo
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Daemos » Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:46 pm

I agree. If it comes out on the next generation, I may not get it for months after it comes out! :cry:

(that is, if it comes out)
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby b_ren » Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:55 pm

I think the idea of shenmue 3 comming on xbox 2 is over the news we got yesterday has changed all that..... That is if they announce they will make it soon.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III