Let's Start Campaigning and Stop Complaining!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

^_^

Postby Little Boy Baka » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:22 am

Yes, I'm aware of the problems email may cause :)

Thanks, Quadriflax. I am also willing to help organise this campaign, as I have great enthusiasm towards making this thing successful. If there's anything you need help with, Silas, please don't hesitate to ask :)

Now, it is true that it's up to one's self to send the letters, and I'm sure that people would make the effort to send their contributions, as we all share our dreams concerning Shenmue III. We definately need pictures, of course, but things like poetry would also be well recieved. For people who don't consider themselves skilled in this area, even a small contribution would be great. Perhaps you could write a few lines saying why you like Shenmue. Just general input.

Many thanks,
LBB
Little Boy Baka
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Only Child » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:41 am

Wow, this is getting pretty serious. I'd be up for this, but it's gonna be hard to get the whole thing organised.
Only Child
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Little Boy Baka » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:52 am

But you don't necessarily need to be organising it, do you? It's just the matter of buying a stamp, envelope and posting a letter :p
Little Boy Baka

Postby Only Child » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:31 pm

Little Boy Baka wrote:But you don't necessarily need to be organising it, do you? It's just the matter of buying a stamp, envelope and posting a letter :p

I didn't mean that. I was just observing that this project is gonna be a hard one to actually make happen. But if everyone pulls together, I don't see why this couldn't happen.
Only Child
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

^^

Postby Little Boy Baka » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:16 pm

Ah, sorry for misinterpretating your post :oops:

Yes, I agree, it will take some work in terms of organising the whole thing. Unfortunately, there's RL dedications that need to be made too ;)

However, the end result should be great, don't you think?
Little Boy Baka

Re: ^^

Postby Only Child » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:11 pm

Little Boy Baka wrote:Ah, sorry for misinterpretating your post :oops:

Yes, I agree, it will take some work in terms of organising the whole thing. Unfortunately, there's RL dedications that need to be made too ;)

However, the end result should be great, don't you think?

It could be amazing if it worked out the way we want it to. Imagine if they mentioned it in magazines and stuff, that would be incredible, knowing we were a part of it. But, it's gonna be a long, hard road before we get to that stage.
Only Child
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Little Boy Baka » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:46 pm

Yeah, I can imagine a little article about it. We get Shenmue III (if everything goes 100 per cent successful) AND our "five minutes of fame," XD.

Wow, this could be huge. All the Shenmue communities working together to make this thing work would be...:)
Little Boy Baka

Postby Quadriflax » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:26 pm

I'm a little miffed at the lack of response from the mods and other prominent posters on this board on this topic. I have mentioned this project or something similar a number of times, and soon thereafter the thread would just die. How could people at the Dojo not be interested in doing something like this? I'm totally stumped. Everyone LOVED that stupid online petition. And what did that get us? Yeah, nothing. That's because everyone signed it 100x each. Totally meaningless.

That's why I'm glad Silas has stepped up and taken the first step with this. I'm no good with all the web stuff and wouldn't know where to begin. But he's right, that's the critical first step. Once there's a rallying point with instructions and a timeline to work from, people can have something to send others to. It is entirely possible that word will get to gaming magazines and sites. After all, that stupid online petition got around. This may or may not do anything. But it can't hurt. It'd be really great to get a multilanguage effort. If anyone here is from Japan or knows Japanese, your help would be most appriciated in setting up that part of the site.

If we can get this to work, it could be big. Yu needs us. Let's help him show his bosses at Sega that there is a large, caring Shenmue fanbase out there!
Quadriflax

Postby Silas » Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:22 am

Guys, I'm grateful for all your support, and feeling terribly guilty that I haven't managed to do anything about it yet (other than purchase the web space). It may be a few more weeks, but I will get something going, and thanks Quadriflax for your continued support and common sense. But don't be too hard on the mods here, let's actually get something together before we chastise people for lack of support.
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Neo-Ryo » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:04 am

Little Boy Baka wrote:Yeah, I can imagine a little article about it. We get Shenmue III (if everything goes 100 per cent successful) AND our "five minutes of fame," XD.

Wow, this could be huge. All the Shenmue communities working together to make this thing work would be...:)

We could be on the news(ok i went too far on that one) we need to start telling people about this out side of the web i got like 14 friends that love shenmue and they could help this could be huge if we try hard.
Neo-Ryo
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Mr. Frozen » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:54 am

They want ti make the game, its just not on t he top of thier list. They know we want the game.

Right now I'm thinking nothign will make them release the game sooner.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby jdub » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:58 pm

good ideas! good ideas!
jdub

Previous

Return to Shenmue III