Vita owners

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Vita owners

Postby south carmain » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:19 am

Ryudo wrote: :lol: Yeah move kinda sucked. Sony should drop the 3G model keep the Wifi and drop it to 199$ bundled with Uncharted and a 8GB card. That way they could buy some time til E3. If not Sony as usual is being very stubborn and arrogant.

I think they said they were looking in to a way to make the thing cheaper, fingers crossed they do so because tbh I really want the PSVita to be a success, it's a great little piece of tech and I would love to have as much fun on it as I did with the PSP

also they need to make it easily hackable, the PSP homebrew scene was huge and a necessary evil in the psp success, they are losing more money by protecting it than not since there are literally thousands of people who wont buy it because it's unhackable, not only that but they shot themselves in the foot by implementing that security because the PSVita can only use their ridiculously costly memory cards which has turned away a lot of people also
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Bluecast » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:31 am

My only issue with the Vita is the UI. Tried to be this cell phone tablet hybrid. Yeah It's tough screen but so is 3DS and created something unique for it. When you see the vita people may thinf it's too similar to a tablet or cell phone and Vita looks like some middle product not sure what it is. 3DS says off the bat this is a gaming system.If sony can give the UI a facelift and not scream tablet and cell phone and more plays games in amazing OLED screen. Might help. Another reason PS3 was hurting as Sony pushed it not as a gaming console but a blu ray player. Sure video philes bought it as the then best and cheapest Blu ray on the market. Many consumers were confused. Sure this strategy worked with PS2 with DVD but they been trying since to capture the same lightning in a bottle and not been successful.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby south carmain » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:44 am

yeah I never understood the point of that, I mean sure gaming online with your friends while on a car trip or something could be a nice thing to implement but most people would avoid that because I'm guessing it would not only be expensive but drain the battery life ridiculously fast as well
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Sonikku » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:42 pm

Ryudo wrote: :lol: Yeah move kinda sucked. Sony should drop the 3G model keep the Wifi and drop it to 199$ bundled with Uncharted and a 8GB card. That way they could buy some time til E3. If not Sony as usual is being very stubborn and arrogant.

This. I fear Sony is sabotaging their own efforts with the Sony Staple behavior of dumping unique, price gouged to hell proprietary cards and stuff that are just stupidly expensive compared to industry standards with similar GB's of storage for far less money. The time for that is when you have a death grip on the industry. Not when your grip is slipping.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:47 pm

Maybe there is a way but if I wanted to upgrade to a 16GB card but all my info is on my 8GB. Be easy if just a standard SD card. At least the Memory Stick duo worked in other sony devices.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Axm » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:13 pm

I dont think the system is dry at all. Way better atm with vita in the first year vs PSP in its first year.
Ive been playing alot of games on it. Poored 112 hours in Persona 4G. (Thats how long the game actually is with zero grinding)
Still need to beat Gravity Rush, Ragnarok Odyessy, Uncharted GA, AC liberation, Wipeout 2048. I play lumines like every other day, my wife plays "we love katamari" and I play Hot Shots online with Yama occationally.
Ya I have gotten/still have alot of time with the system. Infintely more then my 3DS that I just got for christmas and is already creating dust.
Its all a matter of taste. The vita is gonna have alot more games coming out this year too and will continue to. Its not DOA as everyone likes to claim with every Sony system its first year. People are just quick to judge. Its easily going to be around for 5-6 years. The next game im getting for it is Phantasy Star Online 2 (not PSO ver. 2 from DC, this is an all new game)which ill be able to poor an easy 100+ hours into.

Axm has received a thanks from: AnimeGamer183
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:50 pm

From my perspective, there's only three or four games that I care about on it. I got Gravity Rush and Uncharted Vita both free from my PS+ subscription (not bought a Vita yet though). Only other games that I want are Falcom stuff, Phantasy Star Online 2 and Soul Sacrifice and maybe Persona 4, undecided if I should just get the PS2 version over it, or not. Vita is a bit of a porting machine.

I'd like to see more strategy and adventure games for Vita, there's plenty of action games out on it, just not enough strategy and adventure stuff. And I'd like to buy it, but it's just the cost of the system itself, the games and the memory card, which are all expensive. At least Nintendo pack in a memory card with the 3DS...

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Bluecast » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:02 pm

Took PSP a long long time to get a healthy supply of RPG's. Hoping the same for Vita. 3DS to no surprise is already doing well there.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:36 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:Persona 4, undecided if I should just get the PS2 version over it, or not.

I'd go with the Vita one since it adds a new character and I believe a whole other dungeon and the dungeons usually take a good while to beat. It's not like the PSP version of P3 where they took stuff out.

I'm a little let down by Vita. I bought it at first since I see Uncharted and Gravity Rush and thought there would be more stuff on the way. Sadly not a single other thing coming up appeals to me in the slightest. I love Persona 4 but I'm not ready to go and play that game all over again any time soon.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:05 pm

I havent turned on my Vita in months. I played lumines like the first 2 or 3 weeks i got it, havent done much with it since. Also havent gotten any more games for it, nothing to get really. I think after i built my PC I kind of forgot about it honestly.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:11 pm

Such an expensive system to invest in and just leave to gain dust. Hey, if you don't want it, I'll have it! ;-)
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:14 pm

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ps-vita?nav=28-rp0,131af

wow, I was just looking at the Vita release date window on gamestop for the year, there are only 13 games scheduled to come out all year, and reality its probably less than that, you know how gamestops release dates are... im sure more will be added but still, its pitiful.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: wude
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:25 pm

^ Still E3 and AG have you played Gravity Rush?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:41 pm

No I havent, although I will eventually get the game seeing as I loved the demo. I havent had much time for games at all actually, I have been busy with work and school and life happenning at 100 mph lately and I have been spending alot of time with cori, there hasnt been much left over time for anything else.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:56 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ps-vita?nav=28-rp0,131af

wow, I was just looking at the Vita release date window on gamestop for the year, there are only 13 games scheduled to come out all year, and reality its probably less than that, you know how gamestops release dates are... im sure more will be added but still, its pitiful.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/sony-slash ... ts-6403579

ouch. :sad:

It's too early to give up hope though. Sony could still turn it around.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming