Paypal Update... Sort Of

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Paypal Update... Sort Of

Postby elfshadowreaper » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:47 pm

James Brown wrote: Or it could just be that around a week ago, we all threw a combined total of 6.3 mil at them, and they are in no real hurry to get the Paypal page up because they know we're all currently broke :)

Speak for yourself. I'm sitting on millions. I just want them to work for it.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:31 pm

Peter wrote: So basically it's other factors that the Kickstarter doesn't need to deal with.

The only thing I can think of is that you get your money refunded if the project doesn't get released for whatever reason, but with PayPal it would be a much more complicated process of refunding in the event of failure?

Any other issues?

I believe with Paypal you can only request a refund within 45-60 days of the original transaction. So if the game didn't get funded two years later they wouldn't step in.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Jibby » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:31 pm

elfshadowreaper wrote:
James Brown wrote: Or it could just be that around a week ago, we all threw a combined total of 6.3 mil at them, and they are in no real hurry to get the Paypal page up because they know we're all currently broke :)

Speak for yourself. I'm sitting on millions. I just want them to work for it.

YS NET Behind the scenes
phpBB [video]

Jibby has received 2 thanks from: NeoShredder, punkmanced
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby DOS » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:27 am

Closing in on one week since.. would have only made $1.5 million, no biggie. :-"
DOS
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue 3 trailer

Postby sand4fish » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:55 am

I have updated my OP, trying to keep the momentum (if any left) alive!

This time it came from an official channel, so feel free to spread the word. :D
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Anonymous81 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:04 am

This is a very elucidating post. Thanks, sand4fish. Hopefully will help to dispel some of the accusations flying. Will post on the KS comments.
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby sand4fish » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:11 am

Anonymous81 wrote: This is a very elucidating post. Thanks, sand4fish. Hopefully will help to dispel some of the accusations flying. Will post on the KS comments.

No problem :D . May I ask what accusations are these? Note that Yu might end up using a different method than Paypal, such as STRIPE and WEPAY.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Anonymous81 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:40 am

sand4fish wrote:
Anonymous81 wrote: This is a very elucidating post. Thanks, sand4fish. Hopefully will help to dispel some of the accusations flying. Will post on the KS comments.

No problem :D . May I ask what accusations are these? Note that Yu might end up using a different method than Paypal, such as STRIPE and WEPAY.

Just the rampant accusations of total ineptitude and laziness I've seen some levy against Awesome Japan and even Ys Net at times. (Sadly, even here, one of the major nodes of backer support.)

While I can understand people's frustration, I have tried to keep stressing everywhere I can that we don't know everything happening behind the scenes, should be patient, and should give people the benefit of the doubt. Your updates would seem to bear that out, which makes me very happy. :)
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:54 pm

Kickstarter pledges upgrades are also under consideration. I asked Joel the question.

"It (Paypal) will be separate from Kickstarter, with certain rewards to be made available. We cannot confirm right now if upgrades will be an option, but it is being considered."
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Previous

Return to Shenmue III