Sony Paris Games Week Press Conference Live Stream

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Sony Paris Games Week Press Conference Live Stream

Postby Monkei » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:03 am

With just a little more than three days to go, I thought it would be a good idea to open a discussion topic for Sony's PGW 2015 press conference, which can be streamed live via the PlayStation Blog, Twitch (links below), your PS4 and most likely a bunch of other sources (links will be added later).

Said Sony's Shuhei Yoshida:
In terms of positioning of the press conference for Paris Games Week, it’s exactly the position that we used to have for gamescom. So, you can look back on what we did for gamescom in the past. We actually announced many games from both first-parties and third-parties.

So interesting announcements can be expected. Last year's PGW brought us the western version of Yakuza 5. Can we dare to hope for something Shenmue III or Shenmue HD related? Who knows. I'm pretty excited anyway.

The date is
4.45pm GMT, 27/10/2015

PlayStation Blog Stream:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/ParisGamesWeek/

Twitch Stream:
http://www.twitch.tv/playstation
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Re: Sony Paris Games Week Press Conference Live Stream

Postby Monkei » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:09 am

According to http://www.jeuxvideo.com/ the conference will be 90 minutes. Just posting that to bump this though. So, anybody excited for a possible Gran Turismo 7 announcement? Not me anyway, I don't really give a damn about racing games.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kiske » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:52 am

Not that i have high hopes about that but I Wonder if YsNet is going to showcase some *new Shenmue 3 material during the Sony Conference in order to boost a little bit the Paypal campaign.

*Testing shots coming in - Ryo is back in action!
https://twitter.com/Shenmue_3/status/656383513625661440
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:04 am

Kiske wrote: Not that i have high hopes about that but I Wonder if YsNet is going to showcase some *new Shenmue 3 material during the Sony Conference in order to boost a little bit the Paypal campaign.

*Testing shots coming in - Ryo is back in action!
https://twitter.com/Shenmue_3/status/656383513625661440

I feel the remake of the Tokyo Game Show, I don't think that has anything to do with. The last Progress Interview was released the 31th August and the shots are coming at the same rate of time.

I want big news from GT7. I'm more about PC-simracing but i'm still curious about what PD have simmered since so much time now. Same for David Cage, not a fan of his games but the kind of innovations he could bring in his new game intrigue me.

New videos from Tomorrow Children+Rime too please.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:04 pm

Really wish there were more high quality racers on PS4. Xbox definitely owns Playstation with Forza, Gran Turismo takes entirely too long to develop and release, no way it should take that long to develop these games, Polyphony Digital needs to get it together.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Monkei » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:31 am

^ Drive Club seems to get bikes at least. Don't really know if it qualifies as a quality racer though.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/27/driveclub-bikes-rated-ahead-of-sony-press-conference?
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Axm » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:45 am

Drive Club is definitely a good racing game. People over look it because of the launch server issues, besides that its a quality game and actually fun compared to Gran Turismo.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Monkei » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:47 pm

It's starting now. There's a shark rolling through the woods.. what the hell kind of game is that :D
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:56 pm

As long as Gravity Rush is there, hopefully with release dates for 2 and Remastered, then I'll be happy, any other announcements will be a bonus.

EDIT: Underwhelming show. Ancel's new game looks pretty cool though.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Monkei
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby FlagshipFighter » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:50 pm

Ah, no shenmue news today... ah well xD
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Monkei » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:13 pm

Oh well. Gravity Rush 2 looked fantastic. I also liked Wild, Detroit and Horizon. I don't really get how exactly Dreams works, but it sure looks interesting and has a great art style.

Monkei has received a thanks from: OL
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:23 am

I love press conferences so was quite excited for this and man was I let down.

I don't really care for CoD or Battlefront, I don't play racing games other than Mario Kart so Drive Club and GT Sport meant nothing, the only fighter I play is Smash Bros so I don't care for Street Fighter or Tekken. I love the Uncharted series but have never played the multiplayer and have no intention to. The VR game that seemed most interesting was a just a CG trailer. The demo for Horizon barely seemed any different to the one we see at E3. Wild didn't really do much to excite me either and just seemed more like a tech demo then an actual game. I don't like making levels in stuff so Dreams is of little interest. I like Quantic Dream and always hoped they would make the Kara demo into a game but the trailer didn't do much and I still find the original tech demo more exciting.

I can understand someone with a different taste liking all the games that were shown but the main thing I like are the surprise announcements and this didn't really have any that will leave people talking. Be interesting what they have held back as PSX is before the end of the year and we still don't know much about what Sony's first parties are doing.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: Monkei
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Jesse » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:54 pm

The press conference was okay i had it on in the background when stuff was on that i didnt care for which was a bit lol. I was already interested in Wild and Horizon. Also highly anticipating the new QD game Detroit. Im actually surprised that David Cage went back to a tech demo from 2012. I loved Heavy Rain & the incredibly polarized Beyond Two Souls.

this may go down the palate better for some but on Detroit Cage is working with a team of writers of around 3 or 4 according to neogaf:

Detroit is written by a team of 3 writers and directed by 2 people. David is only one of them. The other two writers are from America/Canada respectively, which is a first for Quantic Dream. Besides the trailer voice over we havent heard any dialogue from the game yet and reasonably it can be assumed it wont be present in the main game and was written by Cage rather recently just for this trailer.

This was mentioned back in 2013 already in this article from Destructoid:

Cage is now joined by two other writers in script writing Quantic Dream's PS4 game in development. The results are "very positive" Fondaumière said

Cage himself commented in 2012:

DC: I'm very interested in what's going on with TV series, where's the showrunner and a team of writers, writing in the same direction. And this is actually what I'm building at our studio right now.

Q: You're moving towards a TV-like setup?

DC: Yeah, where I could continue to have the vision and the ideas - I have ideas for the next four or five games. This is what I love and I really enjoy but at the same time, instead of me spending a year away from the studio writing the damn thing, I could work for the team - people who could be more talented than I am, and bring in new ideas that I've not thought of - and work together in creating this thing. So, we're starting on this right now.

The second Director seems to have both game and film experience.

I see this game being a fall 2017 game at the earliest possibly even a 2018 release.
Jesse
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Jrockstr

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:11 pm

Quantic Dream :lol:

I'll never understand them

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: OL
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III