What do you think we will see in this month's update

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: When do you think we will see in this month's update

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:58 pm

khmlight3 wrote: YS Net replied to me and said we can not confirm what the next update will be.

What, or when?

Hm. Guess we better buckle in for some silence.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby khmlight3 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:02 am

Spaghetti wrote:
khmlight3 wrote: YS Net replied to me and said we can not confirm what the next update will be.

What, or when?

Hm. Guess we better buckle in for some silence.

When I mean! This is disappointing they usually give out updates at the end of the month. But maybe they are too busy?
khmlight3
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: thunderlight10
XBL: khmlight3
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby The_Intruder » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:08 am

Who knows maybe they are preparing something very special to show in the next update. Like a nice teaser reveal but im not too sure of a trailer it may be too early yet.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:25 am

Certainly in an ideal world the silence is to allow YSnet to continue beavering away.

Going out on a limb, the lack of an update and an unclear schedule about when the next one could be a result of it being incredibly hard to access Yu/the dev room/other staff due to scheduling pressures.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: The_Intruder
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby khmlight3 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:29 am

:-#
Spaghetti wrote: Certainly in an ideal world the silence is to allow YSnet to continue beavering away.

Going out on a limb, the lack of an update and an unclear schedule about when the next one could be a result of it being incredibly hard to access Yu/the dev room/other staff due to scheduling pressures.

Atleast they replied and did not ignore me! Do you think we will see the next update in February? Maybe it will be big?
khmlight3

PSN: thunderlight10
XBL: khmlight3
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby Hazuki00 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:33 am

I can't imagine why would be so time consuming for them to make an screen capture or two showing what they want to show and coment in two or three paragraphs some things of the game. This would not consume too much time and we would all be happy.

I don't know why they pay to A.J to do "what they do". A Shenmue 3 fan would do this job even for free.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Peter » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:43 am

It's not the fault of Awesome Japan at all. They are just the middle man. They will have been sitting waiting like us, for an email from YSNET with the content and files to go along with it. If YSNET don't send anything through then they have nothing to host.

All those pictures and videos you have seen, haven't been AJ going into the dev offices for capture. One of the developers does all that and then AJ liase with one of the executive producers over what's to be written (English version). AJ can add more information concerning them in regards to surveys and details about Kickstarter rewards etc, but in terms of game and development content, that's all from YSNET exclusively.

Peter has received a thanks from: Hazuki00
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Hyo Razuki » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:50 am

Technically, we did have an update in January which was at New Year.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Hazuki00 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:38 am

Peter wrote: It's not the fault of Awesome Japan at all. They are just the middle man. They will have been sitting waiting like us, for an email from YSNET with the content and files to go along with it. If YSNET don't send anything through then they have nothing to host.

All those pictures and videos you have seen, haven't been AJ going into the dev offices for capture. One of the developers does all that and then AJ liase with one of the executive producers over what's to be written (English version). AJ can add more information concerning them in regards to surveys and details about Kickstarter rewards etc, but in terms of game and development content, that's all from YSNET exclusively.

Thanks for the clarification Peter, I didn't know that. But I insist, two screen captures and some letters doen't consum that much time :-(

About Magic Monaco, I don't think we will see anything Shenmue related, they would had said announce already and Yu can't waste time travelling to Monaco.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Peter » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:58 am

The only thing I can see happening with Magic is the debut of the trailer at the event, synchronised with an update that day of the release of the trailer.

Outside of that, I can't see any Shenmue related material at the event outside of the stuff we have already seen.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Kiske » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:38 am

Peter wrote: The only thing I can see happening with Magic is the debut of the trailer at the event, synchronised with an update that day of the release of the trailer.

Outside of that, I can't see any Shenmue related material at the event outside of the stuff we have already seen.

It would be cool if they were able to set up some kind of FaceTime with Yu Suzuki, live from the office.

"Hello to all the Shenmue fans!
Unfortunately I can't be with you for the event, as you know I'm very busy at the moment, but I have something for you!"

Tadam... Reveal trailer!

Don't wake me up please! :king:
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:06 am

Unless given a reason to make the trip, I can't see there being many more Shenmue fans in Monaco that day than any other weekend.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Kiske » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:12 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: Unless given a reason to make the trip, I can't see there being many more Shenmue fans in Monaco that day than any other weekend.

True... and that crushes my last hope. :lol:
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Sonoshee » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:18 am

From this point forward I don't mind lack of updates. Infact I was near enough expecting it. This is the "pedal to the metal" period for Yu and the development team now, as Peter already stated. Let them crack on with the game and give us updates when they can. If we get a trailer or new screens at Magic or E3 then I'll be a happy camper, otherwise I'm not fussed.

Sonoshee has received a thanks from: Kiske
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:35 am

100%

But the only "fear" I have is that not everyone is a loyal supporter of Shenmue and Yu, and it only takes one morning for one of these click bait journalists to wake up one morning and think, "hey, how's Shenmue 3 getting on?". It doesn't take them long to find out there hasn't been a monthly update in a while, compare it to MN9 and previous tainted Kickstarters and once again we are all fighting against articles with such titles as, "SHENMUE 3 IN DOUBT AS UPDATES DWINDLE", and, "YU SUZUKI LEARNS MODERN DAY GAMING THE HARD WAY AS SHENMUE 3 PROVES TOO MUCH", spreading like wildfire.

Not the fault of YSNET or Yu at all of course. We prefer zero updates and let them get on with the game. Anyone with common sense knows that. Unfortunately, those fishing for clickbait shock exclusives don't possess the element of common sense.

Peter has received 4 thanks from: iyapol, Kiske, Let's Get Sweaty, Sonoshee
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III