ricedigital.co.uk: Shenmue I&II HD in 2017, SIII maybe 2018

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: ricedigital.co.uk: Shenmue I&II HD in 2017, SIII maybe 2

Postby FlagshipFighter » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:37 pm

Hmmm, seems the pieces are coming together, I'm going to keep my wits together like you lot in case this doesn't work out (i was burned pretty hard by that sega exec guy from 2012 about the shenmue/soa xbla port lol), but man i can't help but feel excited about this, this is great news! I would love to see what shenmue would look like now...

Please though, 1080p widescreen, Jap+Eng Voice options, (achievements/trophies are mandatory anyway)

Physical release would be cool. less pop-in+faster loading (if possible). bonus features would be cool. again, wishful thinking but shenmue saturn would be hype. in-game brands are a acceptable loss for me.

sorry I'm already jumping the gun i'm trying to tell my heart to stop oh my gosh *collapses, starts foaming from mouth*
Last edited by FlagshipFighter on Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FlagshipFighter has received a thanks from: Jibby
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby celsowm » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:54 pm

FlagshipFighter wrote: Hmmm, seems the pieces are coming together, I'm going to keep my wits together like you lot in case this doesn't work out (i was burned pretty hard by that sega exec guy from 2012 about the shenmue/soa xbla port lol), but man i can't help but feel excited about this, this is great news! I would love to see what shenmue would look like now...

Can we imagine those kind of reactions:

phpBB [video]

Edit: I hope we get a "strong" leak like this: https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/835882948721160192

celsowm has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
celsowm
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: celsowmbr
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby FlagshipFighter » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:03 pm

celsowm wrote:
Can we imagine those kind of reactions:

phpBB [video]

oh my gosh I'm crying :lol: I've not seen that and i can honestly watch it forever, great share! :king:

FlagshipFighter has received a thanks from: celsowm
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:27 pm

FlagshipFighter wrote: Hmmm, seems the pieces are coming together, I'm going to keep my wits together like you lot in case this doesn't work out (i was burned pretty hard by that sega exec guy from 2012 about the shenmue/soa xbla port lol), but man i can't help but feel excited about this, this is great news! I would love to see what shenmue would look like now...

In fairness to the SEGA PR guy, it seems people misread what he was actually saying in that interview.

He was talking about what fans would ask for next, not what is coming next, but he muddled the messaging.

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Let's Get Sweaty
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby FlagshipFighter » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:25 pm

Spaghetti wrote:

In fairness to the SEGA PR guy, it seems people misread what he was actually saying in that interview.

He was talking about what fans would ask for next, not what is coming next, but he muddled the messaging.

Yeah in retrospect I do agree with you, it seems like he really buckled under pressure his wording. It was a different era mind you, I imagine I exploded back then just because for shenmue to get any recognition (from anyone!) back then was spectacular in itself. Knowing less about the industry too, I assumed anything said from him reflected sega's true motive and give more weight to all the journalism/articles out there at the time would've resulted in a comeback. I remember lots of my favourite franchises like street fighter, mortal kombat, monkey island etc were getting reboots too. I kinda regret not buying jet set radio on day 1 in retrospect too :p but ohhh well, here we are, and if this shenmue hd is a thing, i'm going to buy the crap out of it!

FlagshipFighter has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Ziming » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:27 pm

The editor of the ricedigital article made a comment clarifying a few points:

Ziming has received 5 thanks from: celsowm, FlagshipFighter, Monkei, Spaghetti, The_Intruder
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Valascaziel » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:38 pm

Basically done? Gonna be either announced in a few days or an "Available Now" alongside S3s E3 full reveal, I think.

No way it doesn't come to PS4. Maybe he couldn't say because Sony has a hand in it for exclusivity?

Valascaziel has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:47 pm

The "certainties" are pretty wishy washy.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShenSun » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:08 pm

Im still waging on an announcement at E3 with an instant release after showing off a Shenmue 3 trailer.

Good times we live in.

ShenSun has received 3 thanks from: celsowm, FlagshipFighter, Mr357
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:30 pm

Not that I've lost any faith necessarily, but confirmation of a re-release of the first two games ahead of a proper reveal of Shenmue III would be a huge sigh of relief and indication that everything is going according to plan. Plus I'd love to be able to play these games again on my PS4 that I recently acquired (due to inevitably requiring one to play S3). I hope these rumors are confirmed, and soon - even if S3 is pushed back 6-12 months, one would think lack of a proper reveal at or before e3 would be a bit alarming, no?

Lan Di-sama has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:48 pm

Lan Di-sama wrote: Not that I've lost any faith necessarily, but confirmation of a re-release of the first two games ahead of a proper reveal of Shenmue III would be a huge sigh of relief and indication that everything is going according to plan. Plus I'd love to be able to play these games again on my PS4 that I recently acquired (due to inevitably requiring one to play S3). I hope these rumors are confirmed, and soon - even if S3 is pushed back 6-12 months, one would think lack of a proper reveal at or before e3 would be a bit alarming, no?

Of Shenmue III? No, I don't think so. We know YSnet are taking an approach where they're resisting showing the game off properly until they're ready and confident in doing so. Missing E3 would mean it isn't quite at that stage yet, and by association that it won't release in December 2017 (which everybody and their dog has had a bet on since 2015, so again, not really alarming).

If we don't hear about anything official regarding Shenmue HD after E3, then maybe that's some cause for alarm, because clearly SEGA have lost their fucking marbles if they're willing to leave money on the table.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby The_Intruder » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:56 pm

Im so excited about this news or rumor. I never got a platinum in a game before but with Shenmue HD remastered and Shenmue III I'm going to try everything possible to achieve that. I was actually able to beat Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 in master ninja difficulty after countless deaths and those games are insanely hard.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby SMDzero » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:31 am

If Shenmue 1 & 2 HD gets released before Shenmue 3 does that mean we'll be able to carry over our data between all 3 games????!!!!

Please tell me it's true!!!!!!!!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Valascaziel » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:54 am

SMDzero wrote:If Shenmue 1 & 2 HD gets released before Shenmue 3 does that mean we'll be able to carry over our data between all 3 games????!!!!

Please tell me it's true!!!!!!!!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That is theoretically possible, *if* the rumors are true about the remasters existing. It would be a HUGE selling point for the HD Collection.. possibly bigger than any coat of paint they could put on it.

I still stand by my stance that Sony has a hand in it, maybe for this very reason and that is why a PS4 version couldn't be named.

We shall see if any more credible sources appear in the coming days to suggest a pre-E3 announcement. I will also keep in touch with my two close friends/former bosses who are still Store Managers at GameStop to see if anything sneaks onto the reservation list.

It is a long shot, but when I worked there Resident Evil 6 appeared a couple of hours before the world reveal trailer.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jibby » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:00 am

I'm in this tough spot of hoping for a solid leak, but at the same time not wanting it so that if it does show up it'll be a nice surprise.

Jibby has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III