1st Shenmue III Teaser

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

1st Shenmue III Teaser

Postby BlueMue » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:19 pm

Sony have just released the first real Shenmue III teaser on their YouTube channel, giving a glimpse at some breathtaking enviroments, new character models and fighting animations.

Links: Slacker Backer Campaign - Forum Discussion

BlueMue has received 3 thanks from: Anthony817, Sappharad, Sonoshee
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: 1st Shenmue III Teaser

Postby BlueMue » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:19 pm

phpBB [video]

BlueMue has received 2 thanks from: elfshadowreaper, ShenmueTree
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShenmueForeseen » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:28 pm

The environments are absolutely breathtaking. I am blown away.

The animations are pretty poor. A stark contrast to to the environments. Both the fighting and facial animations seem worse than Shenmue 1 and 2. Will this have plenty of time to be worked on or are they supposed to be more developed at this stage?

Just glad to finally see something!
ShenmueForeseen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby ShenmueLegacy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:28 pm

Beautiful environments. Models and animations are presumably still under development...
ShenmueLegacy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Senpai Gamer » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:42 pm

So i finally watched the trailer

The environments look gorgeous. The models for Ryo and the Master he was training with looks great as does the model for that big buff guy.

Shenhua's model looks really messed up to me though. Also i in some scenes Ryo's face looks dead meaning there is no life to him in some of the scenes from that trailer. Also i still dont like that logo, it looks kinda cheap and i actually preferred the previous one in comparison to it.

But then again were still pretty early on and the game wont be out until next year so i still have high hopes for this game.

Omg the environments looks stunning, especially some of the Chinese related backdrops look just wow, and the scenes of nature as well as the scene of Ryo dueling the martial arts master near that lake looks EPIC!!!

Oh and Shenhuas outfit looks cool but i still prefer the original one. I do hope that her outfit is more than just that one we all saw in the trailer.

Now excuse me whilst i go and watch the trailer 10 more times
Senpai Gamer
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Dragon Quest IX

Postby Vitoner » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:45 pm

Hello everyone, this is my second (or 3rd) post, but I've been a long time lurker. Presentations aside, I would like to give my two cents about the trailer.

First off: HOLY COW IT'S REAL! I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

Pant... pant... all right, fanboy mode off.

I think everything looks awesome except the fact that the lack of any facial animations other than some lip movements and eyelids movement is really going to hurt the public perception of the game. We know it's in alpha, possibly pre-alpha, but releasing a teaser like this in the social media age is only going to stir up a serious meme storm. The average joe is only going to look at those faces and dismiss everything else, especially those who have not played the original games.

I mean, I really feel like the marketing department is doing a pretty poor job. They could have at least slapped some "alpha footage - not representative of the final game" text somewhere on the video.

That said, I seriously can't wait to get my hands on Shenmue 3 and I'm confident the final game will look polished and will be up to Suzuki-san's standards.
Vitoner
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: berfinbera
Nintendo FC: Vitoner
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby ShenmueTree » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:49 pm

YES! It looks like the game starts EXACTLY where Shenmue II left off, and that makes me so fucking happy.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonoshee » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:26 pm

ShenmueForeseen wrote:The animations are pretty poor. A stark contrast to to the environments. Both the fighting and facial animations seem worse than Shenmue 1 and 2. Will this have plenty of time to be worked on or are they supposed to be more developed at this stage?

There's still a full 12 months of development left to go, at the very least.
Don't worry about it. This is work in progress material.

Sonoshee has received a thanks from: SheepheadCG
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Gromber » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:32 pm

in this pic ryo looks fine:

the problem is how ryo look forward with those robotic open eyes without expresion and the body need also improve.

i was waiting something like yakuza 6, that have awesome facial animations and models, but i understand is a indie game: : https://youtu.be/vk3Q7HcUGbk?t=13s

hope team improve a lot that models and animations.
Gromber
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Brian SII DC vs Xbox » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:56 am

Ryo looks like someone you get when you can't get the original person back, just like in the movies. But I still like it. I hope that they keep the game camera directly behind Ryo like the first two games and don't move it to the side. I want to play the game as Ryo, not a camera operator that follows him.
Brian SII DC vs Xbox
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby WhiteLikePaste » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:44 pm

It looks fine. Everyone needs to calm down. There's still a lot of time. I'm more concerned about the logo change.
WhiteLikePaste

XBL: WhiteLikePaste
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby BrawlingUppercut » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:55 am

WhiteLikePaste wrote: It looks fine. Everyone needs to calm down. There's still a lot of time. I'm more concerned about the logo change.

I would be happy with the logo being a poo emoji, if in return they could give assurances that the facial animation will be vastly improved.
BrawlingUppercut
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby LUCKTR9NZ0R » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:14 am

That teaser trailer actually gave me goosebumps. It is fucking unbelievable...this is really happening. After 16 years of waiting and hoping it really became true.
I have to admit that the facial expressions and animations have to be enhanced a lot. But the rest looks amazing.
Can't wait to put the shenmue 3 disc inside of my ps4.

I know it is a bit early to ask now..but has anything been announced about the voice output? Will there be an english dub, or only japanese?
LUCKTR9NZ0R
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: LUCKTR9NZ0R

Postby Sonoshee » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:24 am

LUCKTR9NZ0R wrote:I know it is a bit early to ask now..but has anything been announced about the voice output? Will there be an english dub, or only japanese?

Both Japanese and English and if I remember correctly, the stretch goals for Portugeuse, Dutch, French, Italian and Spanish subtitles were also reached.

Corey Marshall and Masaya Matsukaze will be reprising their roles as Ryo, otherwise no one else has been cast yet (that we know about.)
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby LUCKTR9NZ0R » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:47 am

Sonoshee wrote:
LUCKTR9NZ0R wrote:I know it is a bit early to ask now..but has anything been announced about the voice output? Will there be an english dub, or only japanese?

Both Japanese and English and if I remember correctly, the stretch goals for Portugeuse, Dutch, French, Italian and Spanish subtitles were also reached.

Corey Marshall and Masaya Matsukaze will be reprising their roles as Ryo, otherwise no one else has been cast yet (that we know about.)

Ahh perfect, that sets me at ease. Thank you. :)
I know that there a plenty of non-japanese-speaking people who prefer the original japanese dub. But for me...its quite annoying if you have to read the whole time and cannot concentrate on the middle of the screen :)
LUCKTR9NZ0R
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: LUCKTR9NZ0R

Next

Return to News and Updates