Master Baihu

(Chapters 3-6)

Master Baihu

Postby Guest » Sun May 23, 2004 3:58 pm

Who do you think master baihu is and what role he has in shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun May 23, 2004 4:10 pm

Master Baihu is a very strong character who is both silent and deadly. He is without a doubt one of the best characters in Shenmue 1 and 2 and I believe he'll come back in Shenmue 3 if its ever released.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Dim-Mak » Sun May 23, 2004 4:24 pm

He looks like pro wrestler jushin thunder lyger.
Dim-Mak
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby rome » Sun May 23, 2004 5:08 pm

Shenmue 3 will be released i believe, and we will see Master Baihu again and Ryo will fight him close to the end of S3 and it will be really dramatic. Im not to sure what Baihiu is all about, but i know he is a great fighter, and could be involved with the Chiyoumen. He is one of my favorite characters in S2 by. the way,lol
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby Peter » Sun May 23, 2004 5:57 pm

SEARCH=Master Baihu
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby CT » Sun May 23, 2004 7:22 pm

i think baihu will help Ryo in some way whether its information or fighting someone to help Ryo get by some big group or someone blah blah blah something like that, i believe he will be a friend of Ryo
CT
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby SuperJoint » Sun May 23, 2004 9:56 pm

Does the game ever say how many Chiyoumen leaders there are? For some reason I'm thinking there are four, and Lan Di is one of them. Baihu is another. It's been a year since I've last played Shenmue II.
SuperJoint
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Miles Prower » Mon May 24, 2004 2:39 am

There are four; this was revealed on a picture posted on shenmue.com-
From left to right;
??? (seems to be a fairly old man)
Lan Di (obviously)
Niao Sun
Ziming?

Baihu does not seem to be one of the four leaders, but he is a fairly high ranking member of the Chi You Men.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987

Postby Kiyuu » Mon May 24, 2004 2:53 am

Miles Prower wrote:There are four; this was revealed on a picture posted on shenmue.com-

There's one more above them. Tentei, the heavenly emperor, is said
to be the head of the Chi You Men. :)
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby KiD » Mon May 24, 2004 3:00 am

Do we know for sure there's another above them? Or is this just more speculation?

We may see Baihu again..... (sigh) I want to play through the fully realized version of Shenmue.... nothing taken out... if only that were true... I'd hate to think of how much we could be missing out on if Shenmue 3 is the last installation of the series

WHEN Shenmue 3 comes out ( [-o< ) I definetely will not be coming on to the forum boards because I do not want to read any spoilers
KiD
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Kiyuu » Mon May 24, 2004 7:20 am

KiD wrote:Do we know for sure there's another above them? Or is this just more speculation?

I believe it's certain. Because, the "Complete Guide," one of the Japanese official
guidebooks, states like this:

"Chi You Men is a secret organization that rules the Chinese black market.
Lead by the most powerful man named 'Tentei,' four leaders operate the organization.
... (omits)
It's Tentei who gave Lan Di the direct order to grab the Dragon and Phoenix mirrors,
but his real intention is still in mystery."
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby JalceW » Mon May 24, 2004 7:48 am

I believe Baihu to be more closely connected with Greg More, Rod Stunt and Chunyan than the four Chiyoumen leaders; essentially he would be the fourth Kowloon streetfighter, though more proficient and interesting than the rest (his photo data in Shenmue IIX seems to confirm this role).

IMO he is on the Yellow Head payroll, so to speak; but he does not appear to work directly under them. In Shenmue II, he never betrayed any desire to stop Ryo for the sake of serving Dou Niu, appearing far more interested in finding a worthy opponent against whom he could put his abilities to the test.

I sincerely doubt we'll see him again in any future installments.
JalceW
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby FeelinLuckyPUNK » Mon May 24, 2004 8:29 am

Master Baihu's role in the Shenmue Saga has been speculated a lot. It is suggested that Baihu will make an appearance in S3 when he tells Ryo that he will remember his name. I dont know for sure and i dont believe that Baihu will play a huge importance in Shenmue 3. Obviously Baihu is on the Chiyoumen's payroll as he was in the Yellow Head Building when the Chiyoumen where there. i think he was spotted either by the talent scout or he came with the chiyoumen to help Lan Di. Such as maybe Lan Di's disicple(sp) and has taught him Tiger Swallow Style. Maybe.

We know of Baihu's connection with the heavenly beasts via the street fighters but many have suggested that there is more to him than meets the eye. Maybe in Shenmue 3 Ryo will come across Baihu while searching for the chiyoumen (if he is himself) or if he heads back to Kowloon (which is unlikely).

I personally would love to see Ryo fight Baihu again. Maybe at the end when Lan Di may order Ryo to fight onbe of his disicples (sp) to see how strong he is thinking that Ryo will be beaten.

But then again Baihu's role in the story could be overhyped. He doesnt even appear on the artwork with the characters on. You know the one Kiyuu translated.
FeelinLuckyPUNK
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Joey Bassist Dude » Mon May 24, 2004 10:00 am

by what he said about... "hazuki, i will remember that name" or whatever it would suggest we see him again but i really cant think what for, i think his part on ryos story is over!
Joey Bassist Dude
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Miles Prower » Mon May 24, 2004 10:46 am

Kiyuu wrote:
KiD wrote:Do we know for sure there's another above them? Or is this just more speculation?

I believe it's certain. Because, the "Complete Guide," one of the Japanese official
guidebooks, states like this:

"Chi You Men is a secret organization that rules the Chinese black market.
Lead by the most powerful man named 'Tentei,' four leaders operate the organization.
... (omits)
It's Tentei who gave Lan Di the direct order to grab the Dragon and Phoenix mirrors,
but his real intention is still in mystery."

Kiyuu!!! Why didn't you tell us this before?!! @_@
Sorry, but I had no idea the name of the Chi You Men leader was known o.o
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987

Next

Return to Shenmue II