Shenmue HD wishlist

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Shenmue HD wishlist

Postby johnvivant » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:14 am

I understand that at this point Shenmue 1+2 hd is still in the category of rumour, but i couldn't resist proposing my wishlist for what i want ideally from the new hd remasters of these classic games.

- HD 720p/1080p - obvious i know, but upscaling the definition is a must
- proper widescreen 16/9 screen size
- maybe 60 frame per second - although a solid 30 would probably been fine.
- higher res textures - remember when kikizo said all those years ago that that sega had uncompressed textures for all the shenmue saga. time to use them.
- higher quaility audio - with the space limitations removed we can have a lot better audio, especially the character voicing which sounded very compressed on dreamcast.
- japanese language option with eng subtitles - just like the yakuza games, i want to play in original japanese with eng subs.
- right analogue stick controls look - just like on xbox version of shen 2 - right stick controls ryos gaze
- bring snapshot option to shen 1 as well as 2 - and improve it to take hd screen caps.
- no more characters appearing out of nowhere, i assume newer console are powerful enough to process characters quickly.
- the boat chapter 2 needs to be released ideally included with shen 2- we all know they have the boat chapter sitting on a disc somewhere - time to remaster that and include it with shenmue 2, or maybe sell it as dlc later, - whatever they decide to do, make sure they release it. yu suzuki admitted that it would have been in shen 2 had space allowed.

- include shenmue passport , and possible create one for shen 2.
- option to 'wait' in shenmue 1 like what was included in shen 2 - i never minded waiting but people always complain about having to kill time for appointments in shen 1. probably including this option is a good idea for newer gamers.

- retail release of both shenmue 1+2 in one package - for ps3 1 disc (blue ray should handle it), maybe 2 disc for xbox360 (only has dvd capacity - bless...)

(suggested by MiTT3NZ - great ideas!)
- Walkman on-the-go.
- No loading times between areas, but area name/date/time stamp in the bottom right corner.
- Bicycle!
- Save transfers.
- Changeable clothes in Shenmue I.
- Saturn & CDs becomes Master System & Cartridges.
- Training areas in Shenmue II.

(south carmain suggested):
-At least one achievment that includes the word sailors - lol

everything else can be kept the same, i am a purist and don't want any major gameplay overhaul. ryos tank like control scheme is fine, i never had any problem with it. might be worth putting in an alternate control system however for new people judging from all the complaints i see about it.

if i think of anything else i will add it later. anyone else have any suggestions about things they would like to see included if we ever get these ports?

we are all hoping these releases happen, and perhaps pave the way for shen 3. i'm not getting my hopes up too much. but its fun to discuss and wish.

thanks
Last edited by johnvivant on Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Re: Shenmue HD wishlist

Postby Bluecast » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:45 am

Beggars can't be choosers so the only thing I hope for despite my hate of DLC is that it sells enough to get Yu & Sega to notice and consider Shenmue III. I have my severe doubts but I realized DVD sales have made TV shows come back and helped make a film o a canceled obscure sci fi. So maybe
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:59 am

Full HD
English and japanese voice overs
passport
boat chapter even if its all qte.
disc version
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Luvly KM » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:15 am

Disc version? Lol.

But please, for the love of dog: japanese voice overs. SERIOUSLY....

The eng dub just wont sell in this day and age. Will make the game seem retarded. PC version would be nice aswell (id imagine id buy it for all 3 systems. you know, to do my bit. lol)
Luvly KM
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Dragon Light » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:40 am

Choice between english and jap dub/voice overs.

Better graphics in general.

online leaderboards

passport

right analogue camera controls

Anything else they can fit in
Dragon Light
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:47 am

Good topic. I am getting absolutely slaughtered in work on my own but i am thinking up my wish list which i will post later :P
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:49 am

Luvly KM wrote:Disc version? Lol.

But please, for the love of dog: japanese voice overs. SERIOUSLY....

The eng dub just wont sell in this day and age. Will make the game seem retarded. PC version would be nice aswell (id imagine id buy it for all 3 systems. you know, to do my bit. lol)

Why not? If they release the games on XBLA/PSN they can do a Shenmue collection disc. Digital games have been put on disc this gen.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Snoopbob2006 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:02 am

I wish for the HD versions is for the next scene after the hovering sword at the end.
Snoopbob2006
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Snoopbob2005
XBL: Snoopbob2005

Postby braveOne » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:34 pm

I hope they keep the save transfer feature. I was unable to do so, I had an imported version of Shenmue 2. Very excited to see these coming to the XBLA, I will have my brother purchase on his Playstation when it comes out. He has never played them.
braveOne
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: Mass Effect 3

Postby Spokane » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:42 pm

I don't care, just release the damn things with some reasonable upgrades and features.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Peter » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:02 pm

braveOne wrote:I hope they keep the save transfer feature. I was unable to do so, I had an imported version of Shenmue 2. Very excited to see these coming to the XBLA, I will have my brother purchase on his Playstation when it comes out. He has never played them.

I never thought of that. Absolutely would love a way to transfer my money and collectables from Shenmue DLC to Shenmue II DLC (if we got that far)
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby south carmain » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:05 pm

-Full screen 1080p hd
-At least one achievment that includes the word sailors
-wait time in shenmue 1 for those who have low patience
-japanese/english dub choice
-retail release like they did for the first dreamcast collection in case something happens to my hdd
-boat chapter and other things that were removed due to space limitations included

I think most of ours suggestions are reasonable demands that sega would have no problem making reality if they are already planning onvreleasing shenmue hd
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Sailors? » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:40 pm

Anything that includes my name would be fine by me.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:54 pm

south carmain wrote:-wait time in shenmue 1 for those who have low patience

Single biggest issue..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby braveOne » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:08 pm

Peter wrote:
braveOne wrote:I hope they keep the save transfer feature. I was unable to do so, I had an imported version of Shenmue 2. Very excited to see these coming to the XBLA, I will have my brother purchase on his Playstation when it comes out. He has never played them.

I never thought of that. Absolutely would love a way to transfer my money and collectables from Shenmue DLC to Shenmue II DLC (if we got that far)

That was my biggest irk, starting with, I believe, 500 yen. I made quite a bit of money in the first game and built up my moves in anticipation of a transfer, and then they cancelled the sequel for America. So, I imported and then later bought 2x for the xbox.

Also, add to my wishlist that they leave the 2x camera behind. DId anyone actually use that?
braveOne
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: Mass Effect 3

Next

Return to Shenmue