Search found 384 matches

Return

'Thank Yu'

http://i.imgur.com/bCVF1hD.png

An inspiring and moving tribute from Shenmue fans to the man behind it all, the legendary Yu Suzuki.

View it on Youtube here .

- Video by Mathew Rimmer.
- Original Shenmue HD footage by Dreamcaster's Tube.

Links & Hashtags: #TheFinalBlow #SaveShenmue
Thank Yu video | Dreamcasters' Tube | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | Forum Discussion | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why PayPal?

I know people are willing to just donate after the Kickstarter

^I think this is the real reason people want a Paypal option. After the KS has finished, we can keep donating toward development costs. I already stated in another thread that I'd be able to part with at least $500 a month if this was an option.
by Sonoshee
Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Charlie stood me up!

I don't get why people always ask this...it's obvious after the encounter in Sakuragaoka that he was just trying to trap you, and obviously Ryo then knows the meeting at the arcade isn't going to happen...it's not even possible to get to the arcade without triggering the Charlie scene first, is it?

Nope. The fast travel is disabled from the Hazuki residence too, so it's forced.
by Sonoshee
Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yu Suzuki Q&A on Nico Nico Douga

http://i.imgur.com/T6ZIfdW.png

Japanese video sharing website Nico Nico Douga conducted a Q&A with Suzuki-san on Sunday, July 12th. His reaction to E3 and the passionately made fan video, 'Thank Yu', is revealed along with the announcement of a returning character for Shenmue 3.

You can read the full transcript here or watch the entire Q&A on Youtube .

Thanks to Dojo members SquallAdv and switch for the translations.

Transcript & Discussion | Q&A (Youtube) | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Charlie stood me up!

True, but I think the whole reason they had Charlie say the line 'Remember the tattoo parlor?' was so the player would, you know, remember :P

"You little brat I'm gonna break your face!" The moment that football meets his ugly mug is something I'll never forget :lol:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/m2_9yjeRscA/maxresdefault.jpg
by Sonoshee
Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Fan-Made Shenmue HD Remaster video by Kid Nocon

http://i.imgur.com/0mdtHUv.png

Kid Nocon has created a beautiful HD remaster of the Hazuki Residence, which includes links & hashtags for the Kickstarter as well as a plea to SEGA to release hi-definition versions of both Shenmue & Shenmue 2.

Please view the video and share it on Twitter, Facebook and other popular social media!

Shenmue HD Remaster | Forum Discussion | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Dreamcasters' Tube Video - The Final Rush

http://i.imgur.com/sW97YQk.png

Dreamcasters' Tube (who has recorded hundreds of Dreamcast videos in 1080p) has produced a new awareness video for the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter.
Please take a moment to view the video then share it on Twitter, Facebook and other social media!

The Final Rush | Dreamcasters' Tube | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | Forum Discussion | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

'Spiritual Enlightenment & Revenge' by ShenmueP1

http://i.imgur.com/rqwsxEn.png

Dojo member ShenmueP1 has created a wonderful Shenmue tribute video, entitled 'Spiritual Enlightenment & Revenge'.

Please take a few moments to view it here .

The 1080p version can be downloaded here .

Tribute Video | Forum Discussion | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #36: New Trailer & NPC Reward Added

phpBB [video]
by Sonoshee
Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [Video] Yu Suzuki Shenmue 3 Interview on Niconico Live

Thank you switch! I'll add the link to the video to the front page article 8)
by Sonoshee
Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The new trailer is bad ...

It's an underwhelming 'trailer', for sure, but as people have said, I don't think there's a whole lot else they can show right now. Although IIRC, Yu said gameplay footage of the final build won't be shown until 2017, so could mean we will still see beta footage/screens before then? (as with the first two games). But yeah in either case it'll be a while before we see something more substantial...

Cedric Biscay said in an interview posted today that he hopes a new trailer and possibly something more will be shown at MAGIC next year. Fingers crossed \:D/
by Sonoshee
Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III: FOR WUDE!

I just sent a $100 donation for Wude, I was going to add an extra $100 to the KS anyway so this seems like a great way to do it!
by Sonoshee
Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

KS Update #44 - Progress Interview with Yu Suzuki

A new interview with Yu Suzuki has been posted on the Kickstarter regarding progress on Shenmue 3's development.

You can view the update here.

Links:
Kickstarter Update | Forum Discussion | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How likely is Shenmue HD?

zach wrote: I just rebought a DC and Shenmue 1 and 2, Am I bad person?

For re buying them? Nope. For selling them in the first place? Maybe! :lol:
by Sonoshee
Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concept Art Thread (15th July: Baisha Geyser and LED Sta

Three Blades wrote: It says "Canada". That's Ryo and Nozomi on the phone.

This is so awesome! :heart:
by Sonoshee
Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will Ryo's original backpack and watch return?

Don't care much about the backpack

:shock: How dare you! lol

I hope they are both able to return but we may have to suffice with generic copies unless Yu is somehow able to do another tie-in with those companies. He was talking about possibly trying to get Coca-Cola involved during a recent Q&A so it may be possible...
by Sonoshee
Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Free Battles? Against whom?

johnvivant wrote:but there are probably normal bullies and thugs from the villages that will need to be 'corrected'.

Goro in a straw hat?

...Just strollin' n patrollin' 8)
by Sonoshee
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Keep this in mind when watching the Kickstarter finish!

Did Bloodstained get investors?

Yes. 90% of the development costs were footed by investors.

The Kickstarter page for Bloodstained says that you’ve already managed to procure partial funding for the game, and that Kickstarter funds will be used to elevate the game’s budget and manufacture backer rewards. Where did the initial funding come from?

After over a year of talking with just about every publisher and having them pass, we finally secured investment to cover 90% of the game, but it was conditional: We had to prove there was a market for another game like this. Now that we’ve cleared so many stretch goals we’ll be able to make a game with much more content than the one I’d hoped to make.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/10/koji-igarashi-tells-us-all-about-bloodstaineds-leading-lady-miriam/

Since it was conditional, if Shenmue 3 breaks the world record and surpasses Bloodstained, perhaps we'll see more investors willing to put money into S3.
by Sonoshee
Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kickstarter Campaign Final Hours - Twitch Broadcast

http://i.imgur.com/Igc8epl.png

Yu Suzuki will be joined with the Shenmue 3 project members in a special live broadcast to count down the final hours as the Kickstarter project comes to a close. Scheduled to make an appearance are animation producer Hiroaki Takeuchi and main character designer Kenji Miyawaki.

The official Shenmue 3 Twitch channel can be found at:

twitch.tv/shenmue3official (please bookmark)

The festivities will start at the following times:

Yokosuka: July 18, 8:00AM JST
Hong Kong: July 18, 7:00AM HKT
Bailu: July 18, 7:00AM CST
Los Angeles: July 17, 4:00PM PDT
New York: July 17, 7:00PM EDT
Berlin: July 18, 1:00AM CEST
Paris: July 18, 1:00AM CEST
Rome: July 18, 1:00AM CEST
London: July 18, 12:00AM BST
Moscow: July 18, 2:00AM MSK
Seoul: July 18, 8:00AM KST

Links & Hashtags: #SaveShenmue #TheFinalBlow
Official Shenmue 3 Twitch Channel | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue III: FOR WUDE!

http://i.imgur.com/12WDZfv.png

Wude , one of ShenmueDojo's greatest contributors, has sadly been missing from the community for over a year. Thanks to the will of many, he will now be immortalized in Shenmue 3.

Since it was felt that having his name lost in a sea of thousands in the final credits of the game would not do him the justice he truly deserves, Dojo community members were quick to raise the $600 needed to ensure his name would be forever immortalized in the Choubu Inn Guestbook.

Thank you to everyone who donated to the cause - Because of you, wude's memory will live on in the world of Shenmue! Yi - To act without hesitation, to do what is right.

Forum Discussion | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Keep this in mind when watching the Kickstarter finish!

Can't sleep with all this excitement!! ... Anyone wanna join me in supping a few Asahi's? 8)
by Sonoshee
Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $315,407...

Less than $200,000 to go to topple Bloodstained!
by Sonoshee
Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter sets new record - LIVE REACTION

Tears literally rolling down my cheeks right now... So happy =D> =D> =D>
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

KS Update #40 - Message from Yu Suzuki

http://i.imgur.com/11VG30t.png

Yu Suzuki: It’s time to make our dream of Shenmue III a reality.

We are now down to the final 24 hours of the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter! Everyone has been working so hard to make this project a success, so Yu Suzuki would like to give a special message of thanks and inspiration as we head towards the goal.

Kickstarter update & video message from Yu Suzuki can be viewed here .

Kickstarter Update | Forum Discussion | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 3 Becomes No.#1 Funded Video Game on Kickstarter!

http://i.imgur.com/8Ehh9XG.png

Shenmue 3 has surpassed 'Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night' with 13 hours to go to become the most funded video game in Kickstarter history .
For reference, the previous title holder had reached a total of $5,545,991.

The next stretch goal, the 'Advanced Free Battle' system, is still within our grasp at $6,000,000...
Please keep pledging and urge others to pledge by using the following hashtags: #SaveShenmue #TheFinalBlow

Today has seen an historic victory for the Shenmue franchise, creator Yu Suzuki and fans of the series the world over.

The final hours are upon us! Let's make every second count!

by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If Sony do decide to put anything towards development costs it won't be through the Kickstarter.

But, we've been given our answer regarding this already. Maybe they'll be nice though and throw some extra funding in some point down the line.
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"The Final Blow - The Image"

http://i.imgur.com/fe7UPvR.png

Dojo member Ryo Fhan has posted a fantastic artwork of the battle between Ryo and Dou Niu atop Kowloon's Yellow Head Building.

This was a 5-day project created by a friend of Ryo Fhan's. What's extraordinary is his complete lack of knowledge of Shenmue up until the start of the project, yet the artwork seems to imply he has been a life long fan with its brilliant attention to detail.

"So, I got this idea to create this image with a friend of mine. He didn't know what Shenmue was before I explained to him the game, showed him various photos and explained the KS and fan wait. He thought the game sounded really neat and I told him I had a new and mini project for him. This is the result of my descriptions and pictures and his work."

To see the full size art please click here .

by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #40 - Message from Yu Suzuki

Literally just saw this. For such a short message, the butterflies were in full effect! =D>
by Sonoshee
Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #41 - Digital Upgrade & Character Bust

Is Yu-san selling assets Sega gave to him? :lol:

Joking aside, seriously wish I could afford $10,000 to buy one of each of those busts =P~ :cry:
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter set new record - LIVE REACTION

We'll get the stretch goals implemented no matter what once they open the paypal option. Do you really think Yu Suzuki won't pull all the stops to fund the game and make it exactly the way he wants? I'm sure that everything will be implemented in the end, even the magic maze. He will keep seeking more funds until he gets it.
Don't worry about it.

Pretty sure everyone will harass him and Cedric about that Paypal option once the KS ends. They'll have no choice but to oblige in the end :P
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Going to put in the last £50 I have left tonight. I'll be eating at my folks expense for the rest of the month :lol:
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kickstarter Comes to a Close, Reaches $6.3m in Crowdfunding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK7lg_Ip6Og

http://i.imgur.com/cmhn5Zv.png

On June 16th 2015, Sony's E3 conference was overwhelmed by the announcement of a colossal fan favorite.

A Kickstarter was launched on stage (by none other than ex-Sega developer Yu Suzuki) to determine just how far fan interest would stretch.
Shenmue 3 amassed it's entire funding goal of $2,000,000 in an incredible 9 hours, setting a new world record.

Over the course of the following month, community events (such as #30onthe3rd, #TheFinalPush & QTE Event) saw the Kickstarter roar upwards of $4,000,000. In the final days, hours and minutes, fans pulled out all the stops and smashed through a further six stretch goals.

As a community, we went above and beyond to see a series we hold so dear become the Number One record holder for most funded video game in Kickstarter history, gaining an astounding $6,333,295 in crowd funding and over 69,000 in backers.

Various journalists and gaming websites tried to have many believe that Shenmue was lost forever, a franchise the world was never going to see resurrected, something which was better left forgotten.
But we - the fans - the ones who truly mattered, never gave up hope.

Over the past month, culminating in the last 48 hours - with a combined passion for one dedicated goal - we have shown the world how much this series is valued. Despite how gloomy the future had looked many times over the past 14 years, hope was never lost and that is what ultimately counts today.

As Shenmue fans, we never backed down; our passion, persistence and commitment gave us the continuation we have being craving.

Today we saved our franchise.

To everyone who pledged and made history - thank you.

Links & Hashtags: #SaveShenmue #Shenmue3
Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great, no one got the watch

Trolls be trollin'... We kinda expected it tbh. The last laugh is on them because we'll be offered them as Paypal rewards.

So all's good. Will be donating $300-$500 a month and anything else I can afford in between 8)

Yeah, I don't think PayPal has troll pledgers, once you pay I think that's it.

Payments are instant from bank accounts. There's no way a troll can get his rocks off on this one.
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki officially announces Paypal support for Shenmu

KS ended at $6,333,295.

We will easily get the $10m with this Paypal option.

Yu is awesome!
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE 3 IS OFFICIALLY A REAL THING!!!

Congratulations everyone! Time for some booze! \:D/

Right, i am away to hide under a rock for the next 2 years.

I was thinking of just having myself cryogenically frozen, but looking rather suave while I'm at it:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2088/2881/1600/Image57.18.jpg
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Comes to a Close, Reaches $6.3m in Crowdfund

Supa wrote: Nice try, Sonoshee ;) Haha, celebration time!

We posted pretty close together! I've merged mine with yours :)
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Honestly the Paypal thing puts a bad taste in my mouth. What they should be doing is merchandising. If they make official Shenmue related fan stuff that would be much wiser.

Merchandising would just cost them like with the Kickstarter rewards. I'd rather we could just donate money that goes straight towards the development.
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone worried that Yu might listen to the fans too much

He's involving fans to a point, such as an enviromental NPC etc - stuff you saw as reward tiers on the KS.

The story won't be affected in any way, I'm sure his vision will be as strong as ever.
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yu Suzuki Interviewed in GamesTM Magazine

http://i.imgur.com/tKLs49g.png

UK-based magazine GamesTM speaks exclusively to Yu Suzuki about Shenmue III in their latest issue.

The magazine is available physically through UK retailers and/or digitally via their official GamesTM website .

Links: GamesTM Issue #164 | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Really? ;-)

I don't know why people get all uppity about donations -- you don't have to donate anything ever. It just allows those who are willing (and wanting) to donate the ability to do so.

Regardless, I didn't donate to Kickstarter. I bought copies of the game and cool as fuck limited edition junk. These rewards would likely extend to the Paypal options.

I merely meant to illustrate that I didn't consider kickstarter a donation, but rather, a purchase of goods. I definitely still used kickstarter -- no way I would miss out on Shenmue 3.

Well, purchase or donation it's the same thing I guess. The money is going where it counts.
But that still leaves Riku Rose...! :P
by Sonoshee
Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone worried that Yu might listen to the fans too much

Well, Cedric Biscay retweeted me, so...

Cedric Biscay retweeted you
6h: Fans backed Shenmue 3 to see YOUR vision Yu! @yu_suzuki_jp @CedricBiscay
by Sonoshee
Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Forbes claim $20 million is already secured privately

yugo wrote: I only believe whatever Yu Suzuki says. Every thing else goes into one ear and out the other.

As for articles, It goes into my brain, comes out again.

I'm with yugo. Yu Suzuki (and Cedric Biscay) are the only ones who count. The rest is all hearsay.
by Sonoshee
Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I cried like a little bitch last night...

After the Kickstarter ended, I broke down a little. The feeling that Shenmue 3 was finally getting the funding to go into production was overwhelming.
by Sonoshee
Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic