Search found 632 matches

Return

Re: Yakuza series

Yakuza Kiwami’s New Scenarios Fill In Various Gaps, More Spotlight Time For Majima

Yakuza Kiwami is considered a “revenge” title to themselves of 10 years ago, as in, they’re trying to prove to themselves that they’re able to do that much better.

The remake will have a vast amount of new scenes.

The way Akira Nishiki “changed” is one that’s especially going to get some attention.

The music was particularly frustrating for Sega to work on. This time they were able to get B’z vocalist Koshi Inaba to help out.

The content they’re going to show for Yakuza Kiwami is said to be more astonishing than what they’ve ever shown at past Tokyo Game Shows.

They say that you’ll burst into tears if you play Yakuza Kiwami right after Yakuza Zero.

Yakuza Kiwami was made all possible because of Yakuza Zero.

The new episode focuses on Nishiki’s big change and the reason behind it while Kiryu was in prison for 10 years.

Nishiki’s voice actor Kazuhiro Nakaya also noted that after reading the script, it was so rough on him that he felt like not reading any scripts for a while.

The concept behind Yakuza Kiwami is to keep the Yakuza taste alive, while making a new title with high quality.

Yakuza Kiwami is being developed with the developers’ knowhow being pushed to their limits.

Events will be easy to understand.

Everything you acquire as far as Battle Style in Yakuza Zero goes, will be available from the very start. However, due to having served prison time for so long, you’ll need to work on getting stronger again. That’s the growth theme behind Yakuza Kiwami.

Goro Majima didn’t have much of an appearance in the original game, but he will in Yakuza Kiwami. You can help power up Kiryu with a new “Everywhere Majima System,” which will basically have Majima show up just about anywhere for a fight.

If you’re wondering about how that works, we’re not exactly sure yet with the information out there, but he can ambush you while disguised as a cabaret club girl.

A new mini-game called “Insect Queen Female King” will also be added.
by Crimson Ryan
Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

Oh, and nice to see the slap kept in the trailer. :lol:
It's like they did it just to piss off LanDC all over again.

I was slightly irritated by that, but then thought "meh, Japan". What's up with it, why is he slapping her, why is it in the trailer and can you elaborate on that LanDC pissed-offness? : D

I can't remember the line exactly, but Kazuma just slaps her once for saying things she shouldn't; I might be wrong, but I think she's saying something about how a certain someone is probably dead, or something of that nature. Need to see the scene again. But yeah, it's just one of those "Come to your senses" kinds of slaps. Nothing malicious.

Anyway, waaaaay back when the original game was first announced, there was understandably a good amount of rumbling (and grumbling) going on around here about the game, due to the snap observation that it's similar in a lot of ways to Shenmue. So basically that ended up creating two different sides on the matter: people who were excited for it, and people who were pissed that Sega was working on this instead of a new Shenmue.
Obviously, that led to the angriest of Shenmue fanboys making a lot of petty, silly complaints about what was shown in the first trailer. And for some reason the one that always stood out in my mind most was LanDC complaining that Kazuma is a terrible, terrible person for slapping a little girl, and observing that Ryo would never do that because he has honor or some such other silliness. :lol:
I dunno, that just always made me laugh, judging a game over something so small and writing the entire thing off because of it. Sorry, just making in-jokes to myself I guess.
by OL
Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Last of Us 2 accidentally confirmed

Yeah, have to agree, I didn't take the original game's ending as a cliffhanger at all. I thought it was a perfect wrap-up to everything, actually. Maybe the game's world hadn't been given any closure, but it took its characters across a pretty wide, satisfying arc, and I think it ended at just the right place to leave maximum impact.
On that note, yeah, I kind of hope it's about new characters; I think Joel and Ellie's story was wrapped up beautifully enough that a sequel with them would just step on some toes. But hey, Naughty Dog is good at what they do, so maybe they'd have a way to do it without screwing things up. Time will tell I guess.
by OL
Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep, completely agree. It sounded like, and had the feel of a completely stand alone game. Beginning, middle and end. I felt very satisfied with the conclusion. I am wondering if people want a sequel based on this, which would defeat the purpose because they would really be looking for another standalone story with the same fantasy and emotion generated from it. If you want a sequel because of the characters story, well it was pretty much concluded in the first game.

If there is more story to be told then I am all for it. But that need to justify the making of the game. If it's just a case of cashing in on a new franchise, well that's just another day at the office for the gaming industry, and one I wouldn't pay money for.
by Peter
Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^^Still don't understand the hate. Ellie was easily among the least annoying child characters I've ever seen in a game, and I'm really not sure why Joel's moral fiber would make the game less compelling (nor do I see how he qualifies as a "woe is me" kind of character; he never brings his problems up with anyone or wallows in it, he just acts like a hardass. Hardly Hot Topic kid behavior).
If anything it made it more compelling to me, because he wasn't the same old do-gooder hero you come to expect with these things; his decision at the end resonated with me because it wasn't the predictable "save the many by sacrificing one" bullshit that so many other stories spout. If anything, I completely agreed with his choice. I easily hold my personal relationships higher than any concern I might have for people I don't know. If it came down to it, yeah, I'd save someone I genuinely cared about long before I'd give them up for the "good of the world." A case like that, I'd say fuck the world, and I'm glad he felt the same way.
by OL
Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is one of those times when I really really don't want a sequel. I'd easily class the first game in my top 10 of all time.

Yet I have so much faith in Naughty Dog at this point I know that the first trailer or gameplay we see of the sequel will have me on board.
by Riku Rose
Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pre-order Shenmue 3 with PayPal

I don't see it as that big of an issue, tbh. I didn't max out my credit card, but I gave what I was willing to give and what I could afford. Now that might be $100 for one person and $10,000 for another. As long as you are able to repay the spendings on your credit card, I guess it's fine.

I had made plans to buy a new phone in September which is not gonna happen now because of Shenmue 3 and I'll have to put off my new phone plans for the time being. But that's fine with me. It was worth it to me. So if others want to max out their credit cards or bank accounts I don't think it's "stupid" to do so. It's their own money and it's not an emotional decision imho. Those people had an entire month to think their Kickstarter contribution over and could have bailed out at any time.

Also, I do agree with you on the fact that it's "sad", Yu has to ask the fans for money to fund S3, but "wrong"? No, I don't think so. Shenmue 3 has been put on halt for 14 years, Sega don't want to finance it which is understandable. Now Yu has been trying fo find an outside investor for many years, which was not successful, so I guess Kickstarter and Paypal was the only way it could have been done.

So this is exactly what i'm talking about...i don't know how much you donated personally but i'm not sure how you can say maxing out credit cards or donating $1000's isn't an emotional decision when it isn't exactly an investment that you can expect any return on...you are literally giving away money because you/we are desperate to see the continuation of our favorite game series...and for that YU doesn't deserve our =D>

I'm not against the entire idea of kickstarter or having pseudo pre-order's to guarantee demand for a title before they spend millions and years developing something,but Yu knows that the shenmue fan base is relativity small and having stretch goals that reach $11+ million is a total P*** take,higher than any other kick starter and stating the game will not stretch his complete vision unless we pony up such funds... :shock:
by blacktorn
Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thanking Sony

Looks like helping Shenmue has caused more troubles to their image than benefits, unfortunately for them. Too bad for everyone that Andrew House didn't know how to communicate.

No it didn't. More than 1/4th of the E3 "sony fucking won" was because SIII. It was a fucking amazing conference.

And to be honest, yeah, I want to thank Sony (even I kinda hated for a while). If there were not any BIG producers saying "we'll lend a hand" Shenmue III will not be comming.

If they didn't go all in, that's most of what everyone was done for a game like Shenmue (fucking NOW LIVING videogame HISTORY).

Also a big thanks to Shibuya productions, they were crazy good with interacting with fans.

EDIT: Seems like most times I post in this forum I'm drunk. But that doesn't mean I'm always drunk.
by shredingskin
Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

shredingskin wrote:Also a big thanks to Shibuya productions, they were crazy good with interacting with fans.

Above all, it's confirmed that Shibuya is the main investor of Shenmue 3. So yes we can be grateful to all these companies.
by Yokosuka
Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yup, fucking Shenmue III.

I'm grateful for those guys.

Love the Monaco/Yu Suzuki relationship, Jorge Luis Borges would be quite proud.
by shredingskin
Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Monkei wrote: THANK YOU SONY. :heart:
FOR MAKING SHENMUE III REALITY.

Says it all really. No one else was willing to help like Sony. They heard our voices. Without Sony, we wouldn't be talking about Shenmue III right now.
by fittersau
Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just thanked Sony by buying a PS4
by SMDzero
Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SMDzero wrote: I just thanked Sony by buying a PS4

And who said Shenmue is not a system seller.
by fittersau
Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SMDzero wrote: I just thanked Sony by buying a PS4

Yep, words are cheap so I went on and bought a PS4 system as well. :D
by sand4fish
Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've been thanking Sony since child birth.

If I get a Tattoo it will read:

SHENMUE
O
N
YUSUZUKI

With an etched drawing of Kaz Hirai on my belly.
by Axm
Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sony is doing this as a publicity stunt, and I don't fault them for that, because for once it doesn't hurt the customer, there's no scamming going on(a big departure from last gen huh lol, where every single thing Sony did, was a scam. Needless to say, they really did need the good PR), ect everyone wins :)

Yea people shouldn't be humping Sega's legs, that goes double for asking/expecting Sega to rerelease Shenmue 1, and 2, It's not going to happen.

The best chance of a 1, and 2 port would be for Yu to get it from sega, and then for Sony to fund it, seeing how it wont cost jack, I doubt Sony would mind(and if they are still scared because the 2nd game sold like crap originally, which was all of Sega's fault btw, well put the Blu-ray format to use lol. Put both Shenmue 1, and 2 on the same disc).

I actually hate Sony personally, but even so, I'm very, very, very thankful to them for handling the advertising, and publishing for Shenmue 3.
by Zoltor
Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I liked seeing the change in Joel. Sure he was a bit of a dick but after what happened to him and the world I can understand him having a chip on his shoulder. I liked seeing the glimpses of a man who was becoming happy again. They did it in a realistic way by slowly dropping random conversations, most games would have one cutscene and suddenly he'd be bouncing off the walls like Pee Wee.

As for Ellie I think I mainly liked her because of the movie The Road. I was really excited to see that movie and that kid ruined it. His grown up in a world where people want to kill/rape/eat you and all he does is whine because everyone isn't nice to one another. Ellie spoke like a kid who had grown up in a world like that, she knew that if a guy had a gun or knife what to do. I also liked how you would see something like an abandoned Ice Cream truck and after having it explained to her she just couldn't understand it. I really liked that you had one person who lived in the world as we know it and someone who never experienced any of it.
by Riku Rose
Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They're on a roll recently bringing back, or to the west, games we wanted but had no hopes for. Sony just doesn't let dreams be dreams.

Thanks PS3 for hitting their ego really hard, so now we can be thankful for their work.
by Shin Pan Tzee
Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How about the Shenmue community makes a card with our names or whatever signed on it and then send it to Sony HQ?
by Himuro
Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How about the Shenmue community makes a card with our names or whatever signed on it and then send it to Sony HQ?

You can count me in! Though it might be a bit hard having everyone physically sign the same card, we could have everyone write their own cards, someone to collect them all and send them in nice box or something.
by sand4fish
Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You can count me in! Though it might be a bit hard having everyone physically sign the same card, we could have everyone write their own cards, someone to collect them all and send them in nice box or something.

Another good idea. It'd be good to have international cards too, so we have Japanese, Chinese, French, and Brazilian Shenmue fans all sending cards.
by Himuro
Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm in too! :D
by Mr357
Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm pushing to make my article about Shenmue 3 published on a website (my chances are very poor but I try) and I'm currently correcting some parts : after reflections, I have difficulties to be precise about the most crucial part : the Sony's role.

We know since The Point with Gio Corsi that Sony's role is to help the devs by doing the promotion and giving some tech help and a bit of publishing but they're not the publishers. But Corsi was talking about his company Third Party Production and I think his active role as workers. That doesn't mean he has funded something or not before, right ? Corsi never tried to deny the funding . And we know that Andrew House said at the early beginning that Sony funds the game.

So, rather to say "Sony don't fund the game" or "Sony don't fund the development of the game", I decided to write "Sony don't fund the whole game". Would I be wrong ? I don't want to be dishonest.
by Yokosuka
Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why not devote one of the 3rd Tweetathon days to Thank Sony?
by fittersau
Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

fittersau wrote: Why not devote one of the 3rd Tweetathon days to Thank Sony?

Cards would be cute though! We can do both!
by Himuro
Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In my case, and probably also thousands of others, Shenmue 3 will be the "system seller" for the PS4. I will buy a PS4 in 2017, because of Shenmue 3 and I guess that's just the way of saying "Thank you!" that Sony are hoping for. :D

We could then again go there and say that Sony were the ones to initially kill off Shenmue by driving Sega out of the console business. If that had not happened, the Shenmue Saga would probably have been finished on Dreamcast, as intended. But let's not go there. That's ancient history.

I feel great gratitude to individual people at Sony for helping Yu out, especially Adam Boyes (legend!), Gio Corsi and Mark Cerny (is he even technically a Sony employee? I don't know). But me feeling gratitude towards Sony as a whole... I doubt that's ever gonna happen. I'm gonna buy their PS4. That enough "thanking" for me.

It was mainly us, the fans, who made S3 happen with our commitment throughout all those years. People like Boyes, Biscay, Corsi, Cerny and so on were just the missing parts of the puzzle which came together at the right time.
by Hyo Razuki
Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I :heart: you, Sony.

That OK?
by iyapol
Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why not devote one of the 3rd Tweetathon days to Thank Sony?

I think we would use the 3rd in a better way trying to push the Paypal campaign along the #SaveShenmueHD.

If ever Sony should be "target" of the tweetathon, it should be in my opinion, by asking them to put pressure on SEGA for the HD Collection.

Looking at the Paypal campaign last numbers... we desperately need something to push it :|
by Kiske
Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo Hazuki is in Project X Zone 2?

For years most rumors have been no more than smoke, but this year apparently is the year of Shenmue.

By the way this is likely to be genuine as it appears that the source of the screenshots comes directly from Namco-Bandai Korea, being that the game will be launched there this December.
by sand4fish
Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Monkei wrote: Quite a lot of gaming sites have reported this by now.. seems to be real after all? :)

Well if they're all using the same source.. then it still could be questionable. Fact is no one has claimed photoshop. Given there are other SEGA franchises involved it's a high probability it's not fake.
by fittersau
Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sony deserves a lot of credit, but the reason they're not getting it right now is because of the bad press that's resulted from their close association with a crowdfunded game. As fans we don't care about the so-called controversy, and it doesn't change how we feel about their role in Shenmue's revival, but many of us are also not keen to fan the flames and keep the media's damaging words in people's minds.

There will come a time when Sony and Shenmue can be mentioned in the same breath without other gamers jumping to regurgitate the nonsense they've read on Polygon or in GamesMaster, etc, but I don't think that time is now. Especially when the same kind of gamers are already on edge at the moment about the "shadiness" of asking for more money post-Kickstarter, as if that's never been done before.

The closer we get to Shenmue 3's release, the more Sony will get their due. It's just uncomfortable timing at the moment, probably for them as much as anybody.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

I think I just "beat" the game this morning. I may have had a better experience with it than some though, since I was actually aware that mission 46 is technically the "last" mission as far as story goes. So knowing that, I may have just been able to appreciate it a little more.
I totally agree that the story as a whole was really weak. The stuff about the parasites was just... long in the tooth. So much prattling on about it, with almost nothing actually happening with it. And everything in the first chapter (the first twenty something missions) seems really loose and unfocused now that I'm looking back on it. It may have just been the fact that I stretched all of this out over 138 hours (holy shit, longest I've ever spent on any game in one playthrough), but judging by Riku's scant 50-hour time and his resulting thoughts, I'm thinking that's not really the case.
Anyway, whoever it was (too lazy to look right now) that said that it seemed like Kojima just had a bunch of ideas for scenes in his head with no plan on how to fit them together... that actually seems about right. There really are some excellent scenes here and there, definitely a number that will stay with me for a long time, just as the rest of the series has. But there just aren't enough of them, and they're all so far apart that you almost start to forget there even is a story.

Have to say I actually really loved the twist though. I was thinking for the whole game that it was going to be something else entirely, but then it kind of threw me for a loop. And as nutty as it is, the now-traditional timeline at the end actually shows that it totally fits within the series as a whole. The game does feel like it just kind of ends with no build-up or climax, but the timeline and the twist do manage to bring the series full-circle; there might be some gaps to fill in or whatever, but it's mostly stuff that only needs to be told and not shown. Surprisingly, MGSV really does bring the series to a sort of close, just as I was hoping Kojima would pull off. The story of the game itself is obviously "unfinished" to a degree, but when considering its place within the full series timeline, it actually segues right into the original Metal Gear.

I'm not going to comment on everything yet, because I still haven't seen some things (this "rain scene" with Quiet hasn't happened yet for me, and I haven't quite finished everything with the "secret" side-story on the medical platform), but I just thought I drop my basic thoughts post-credits. I think it'll actually be about a year or two before I can really place how I feel about the whole thing, but it's certainly got its ups and downs as it stands now.
by OL
Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Absolutely amazing fan-made trailer for the game -- do not watch if you haven't finished the game, since it contains massive spoilers.

phpBB [video]
by Thief
Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]
by Thief
Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]

Finally, gotta hand it to Super Bunnyhop for actually releasing a good review of MGSV.
by Thief
Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

NoconKid hired for Shenmue III

http://s10.postimg.cc/4oex6eyeh/Nocon_Kid.png

Many congratulations to NoconKid, who has now been hired as part of the team developing Shenmue 3!

The South Korean super fan has wowed fans across the globe with his homemade HD recreations of Shenmue environments, and his efforts have not gone unnoticed by Yu Suzuki himself.

As the Shenmue III project continues to prove that dreams do come true, we look forward to the detailed world that NoconKid will help to create in the most anticipated videogame sequel of all time.

You can revisit a 2014 interview with Ys Net's newest recruit here .

If you're participating in today's combined #SaveShenmueHD / #Shenmue3 Tweetathon then take a moment to congratulate him using @sseega1.
by Team Yu
Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo/Shenmue PS4 community?

The topic we had for people to post gamer tags in was just a filled with a bunch of people with under 20 posts posting their username. If we made a Dojo group it would just be filled with random names if it was left open. It would make more sense to myself if there was a private group just for the regular posters on the forum and not open for 50 people with names like RyoHazuki2015 to join.
by Riku Rose
Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

At our current pace (approx. $50,000 a month) I predict we will just barely make 6.5 million, adding one more stretch goal. Not horrible at all. Not the greatest, but not horrible. Still privileged and excited to have been a part of this, no matter what the outcome. Still think everyone here are gaming heroes lol. :P
by Anonymous81
Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Confirmed:

Famitsu this week confirms a number of new characters set to appear in Project X Zone 2, including the leaked characters from the Korean version of the game.

The full list of new confirmations include:

Solo Units

Ingrid (Capcom Fighting Evolution)
Ryo Hazuki (Shenmue)
Estelle (Tales of Vesperia)

Enemy Characters

M. Bison (Street Fighter)
Pyron (Darkstalkers)
Black Hayato (Star Gladiator)
Ranmaru (Sakura Wars V)
T-elos (Xenosaga)
Metal Face (Xenoblade)

Event Scene Characters

Ada Wong (Resident Evil 6)
Miles Edgeworth (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)
Garigliano (Resonance of Fate)
Tarosuke (Yokai Dochuki)
Tiki (Fire Emblem: Awakening)

http://gematsu.com/2015/10/project-x-zone-2-adds-m-bison-pyron-more-enemy-characters

[-X
by Henry Spencer
Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo Hazuki IS in Project X Zone 2! For Reals!

It's just great that Ryo is no longer a pariah of the SEGA family. He really does belong in the middle of it all.
by fittersau
Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New pictures:

"Ryo Hazuki Solo unit. Voice actor:Mayasa Matsukaze"

by Giorgio
Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]

Segata Sanshiro awesomeness at 6:10. Ryo at 7:50 (and for a split-second in anime form at 0:50).
by Amir
Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Xbone Version

I seriously question the fandom of those unwilling to purchase a $300 used console with two years to save for a game you've waited over a decade for. Simply put its a non issue.
by Yama
Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo Hazuki in Project X Zone 2 for 3DS

This game looks like complete trash. I swear you guys would cheer for Shenmue branded Ipecac Syrup if Sega was selling it.
by Rakim
Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic