Search found 68 matches

Return

Space Channel 5 Coming To VR Devices?

Looks like it's a bundle of both Dreamcast titles and not a remake (which would have been nice since it's VR), but beggars can't be choosers. Just happy to see Sega taking note of classic IPs again.

http://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk/2016/09/space-channel-5-coming-to-playstation-vr.html

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YJKxjm6Ni74/V80ve-FpSKI/AAAAAAAAMYA/1XBHg4w6IY8WDcoMhZvQyan9NEospWXcACLcB/s1600/IMG_5124ss.jpg

This article has been updated in light of new information becoming available. We already know about Rez being given the VR treatment in preparation for the PS VR launch in October...but how about Space Channel 5? You may notice that question mark in the title to this post (article was originally titled 'Space Channel 5 Coming To PlayStation VR?'), and that's because we're not totally sure if this is a hoax, so please take this with a pinch of salt. According to this NeoGAF thread, a Space Channel 5 VR demo will be shown at Tokyo Game Show 2016 (running from 15th to 17th September) and a link takes you to a fairly convincing teaser site.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DL1vTTFX-yg/V80vj7wRSjI/AAAAAAAAMYE/vCHNaLJy-0UH30ZH_2YD8FZohHNIGnyKwCLcB/s400/FullSizeRender.jpg

Further links redirect to another site (written in Japanese, screen above) that seem to hint that the new VR experience could be a bundle of both Space Channel 5 and Space Channel 5 Part 2. Quite how these games will implement virtual reality technology remains to be seen, as does any concrete evidence to suggest that this is a real thing...but from what we've seen so far it is very convincing. Being able to jump around in time with Ulala and rid the galaxy of Morolians through the medium of actual dance sounds like an 'interesting' prospect, and we're sure our Japan correspondent Ross will be only too happy to try this out for us when he gets his PS VR...!

Update
Further details have come to light and this looks like it may very well just be a 'VR experience,' and not a full blown Space Channel 5 reboot after all. Still, it's nice to see some of the lesser known Sega IPs being wheeled out for a new audience, even if it's not in the way we expected. Further to this, Ross has done some Japanese to English translation work for us. The 'game' is indeed a 'viewing only' demo at present and will initially be coming to the HTC Vive. Adding weight to this is the fact that the game director and assistant producer from the original Space Channel 5 are attached to the project, and it appears that the game is being developed for an upcoming VR service from telecoms firm AU, and will be known as Linked Door. Linked Door will reportedly allow VR users to meet up in cyber space (I can't believe I just typed that expression, by the way) and hang out online. The service is also coming to VR-capable phones and a device similar to Google VR. So not the PlayStation 4 then. Not yet, anyway...

by Sonoshee
Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy Birthday Dreamcast!

Happy Birthday to one of my favorite consoles of all time, she turns 17 today. I thought this would be nice chance to remember all our favorite games and memories of the DC.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ejZ13kh6LA0/maxresdefault.jpg

My favorites were
Shenmue(duh)
Street fighter 3 double impact/alpha 3 (can't choose)
Soul Calibur
and House Of the Dead 2 (went dual wield with my light guns at home)
by AlphaBushido
Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega Europe: Shenmue 1 and 2 remakes have our full atten

There's clearly stuff going on behind the scenes we don't know jack about. So what if Sega is "exploring ways" for quite a while now? I'd like to remember you guys once again of Yu Suzuki "looking into" Kickstarter. How long was that? Years? It's obviously not as easy as we'd like it to be.

Everything Yu has said I've believed and trust he speaks the truth. He has never lied to fans. And when he talked of kickstarter the whole thing materialized rather quickly.

Eh, not really that quickly.

On March 2, 2011, Suzuki spoke at the Game Developers Conference and said about Shenmue III: "I think Sega will let me make it ... it's a matter of budget …we have to make it in an affordable way."[22] On January 4, 2012, he suggested that Sega could license Shenmue to his company Ys Net to develop the game independently.[23]

In March 2013, news arose that Suzuki was considering crowdfunding or console exclusivity to fund Shenmue III.[24] During a presentation on the franchise at the 2014 Game Developers Conference, Suzuki said he would like to make Shenmue III with the "right opportunity", and in an interview the following day said he was researching the crowdfunding platform Kickstarter.[25]

Yes, apparently Kickstarter wasn't mentioned in name until 2014, but crowdfunding was already mentioned in early 2013. And apparently Suzuki was already trying to get things off the ground as early as 2011. He's not a company of course, but still, there's obviously stuff happening that takes its time. SEGA started its course correction last summer, at least they didn't talk about it publicly prior to that. That's when the SEGA Japan president admitted SEGA had betrayed its fans and promised they'd improve. That wasn't much more than a year ago. Might be for various reasons that we don't really know jack about.. legal stuff, negotiations, building a strategy, getting things in order for some kind of "SEGA is now cool again" campaign.. after Man of Steel came out it took Warner Bros. three years to launch the rest of their DCEU. We just don't know.

I don't think we have much to worry about, if anything at all. It's in Yu Suzuki's, SEGA's and Sony's interest to get the remasters out. The Shenmue franchise has never been in a better position (post Shenmue II) than now, things are looking bright as hell. Who really cares if it takes a little longer? I don't think it'll do any harm, even if the remasters come out after Shenmue III. They're polarizing games anyway and might get as many new people interested in the series as they might scare people (who would otherwise have been interested in Shenmue III) away by having aged badly and, well, being a love/hate thing to begin with.

I guess what I'm trying to say is chill out. Things are looking bright. SEGA apparently trying to get it done is good enough for me, it'll all work out in the end.
by Monkei
Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I have no words guys. My mind and body have been stretched to the limits in Japan, from partying with voice actors, Sega staff and Shenmue 3 developers, the dinner with Yu-san, a Shenmue pilgrimage of all Shenmue pilgrimages and secrets galore (some not even Shenmue related!!!).......

Maybe I will try a full blog when I get home, but God knows when I will post again. My mind and body need a complete backup, reset, restart.
by Peter
Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

What about a GTA VR session?

phpBB [video]
by Kiske
Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 nominated at the Golden Joystick Awards 2016

RESULTS:

Best Original Game

Winner: Overwatch

Nominees:

Abzu
Firewatch
Furi
Hyper Light Drifter
Inside
No Man’s Sky
Quantum Break
Soma
Tom Clancy’s The Division
The Witness

Best Story Telling

Winner: The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine

Nominees:

Firewatch
Oxenfree
Quantum Break
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Soma
Tales from the Borderlands
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
Zero Time Dilemma

Best Visual Design

Winner: The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine

Nominees:

Abzu
Battleborn
Brutal
Dark Souls 3
Doom
Firewatch
Furi
Hyper Light Drifter
Inside
Mirrors Edge Catalyst
No Man’s Sky
Overwatch
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Soma
Superhot
The Witness

Best Audio

Winner: Fallout 4

Nominees:

Amplitude
Doom
Hyper Light Drifter
I Am Setsuna
Inside
No Man’s Sky
Overwatch
Star Wars Battlefront
Thumper

Best Multiplayer Game

Nominees:

Broforce
Call of Duty Black Ops 3
Dark Souls 3
FIFA 17
Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns
Halo 5: Guardians
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
PES 2017
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
Star Wars Battlefront
Street Fighter 5
Tom Clancy’s The Division
World of Warships
Worms W.M.D

Best Indie Game

Winner: Firewatch

Nominees:

Banner Saga 2
Furi
Hyper Light Drifter
Inside
No Man’s Sky
Oxenfree
Pony Island
Starbound
Stardew Valley
Superhot
The Witness
Undertale

Best Gaming Moment in association with Absolute Radio

Winner: Play of the game in Overwatch

Nominees:

Climbing the tallest building in Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
Flying the Falcon in Star Wars Battlefront
Returning to Anor Londo in Dark Souls 3
The Brotherhood Of Steel arriving in Fallout 4
The Car Chase in Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
The ending of Inside
Unleashing the BFG 9000 in Doom
Unlocking the secret of Psalm 46 in The Witness

Most Wanted Game in association with Green Man Gaming

Winner: Mass Effect Andromeda

Nominees:

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 3
Days Gone
God of War
Horizon Zero Dawn
Resident Evil 7
Scalebound
Sea of Thieves
Shenmue 3
Spider-Man
Star Citizen
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Game of the Year

Winner: Dark Souls 3

Nominees:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Doom
Fallout 4
Halo 5
Hitman
Inside
No Man’s Sky
Overwatch
PES 2017
Pokemon Go
Rise of the Tomb Raider
The Witness
Total War: Warhammer
XCOM 2

Playstation Game of the Year

Winner: Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

Nominees:

Abzu
Amplitude
Firewatch
Gravity Rush Remastered
I Am Setsuna
No Man’s Sky
Ratchet & Clank
Salt And Sanctuary
Severed
Street Fighter 5
The Last Guardian
The Witness
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
Yakuza 5

Nintendo Game of the Year

Winner: The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

Nominees:

Fire Emblem Fates
Kirby: Planet Robobot
The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes
Monster Hunter Generations
Pokken Tournament
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yo-kai Watch

PC Game of the Year

Nominees:

Sid Meier’s Civilization 6
Doom
Master of Orion: Conquer The Stars
Stardew Valley
Stellaris
Total War: Warhammer
Undertale
World of Warships
XCOM 2

Competitive Game of the Year

Nominees:

Call of Duty Black Ops 3
Counter Strike: Global Offensive
Dota 2
FIFA 17
Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft
Heroes of the Storm
Killer Instinct Season 3
League of Legends
Smite
Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void
Street Fighter 5
by Monkei
Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Digital Foundry Retro: Shenmue 2 - A Masterpiece Revisited

phpBB [video]
by Raithos
Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Digital Foundry Retro: Shenmue 2 - A Masterpiece Revisit

Hope you guys enjoy some of it. I gave a shout out to this very forum since, really, this is THE place for Shenmue info. I'm amazed at how in-depth some folks have gone into pulling the game apart. It's awesome!

If I had time, I would have gone into more depth on emulation and, perhaps, point out more of those weird Xbox/DC differences (like all the modified signs and whatnot). Ah well.
by dark1x
Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter update #62: Yu Suzuki & The Music of Shenmue

Radar wrote: They do it in movies somehow, zoom x1000, increase focus and etc. :dunno:

phpBB [video]
by Switch
Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

The lack of marketing for Shenmue since the original reveal does make me nervous. Feels strange to not have some nod to the project in e3 or now this when it was such a massive moment in gaming history that even non-shenmue fans are sure to remember.

I almost hope we don't get anything substantial from Monaco because the game needs visibility in gaming events that actually have an audience beyond us.

I know tensions are running high here but I do wanna say I think we should take a breath and find solace in that we can still look forward to a big reintroduction of the game at some point in the future and I'm sure that moment will usher in a homestretch to release with much more visibility for the project than we've had to this date.

Hang in there folks, we've been through a lot these past 16 years (literally never lost hope for shenmue news every single e3 in all that time like many of you). A few more months to a proper trailer/reintroduction won't kill us and stressing about things + turning negative only serves to make us miserable.

The fact that we're even getting Shenmue 3 is still a damn miracle and I'm gonna hold on to that in moments like this.
by Xandui
Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

Now that the show is over and I'm back at my laptop, I can elaborate a bit more.

I mentioned to Gio the stuff about fans suggesting it might be there, including Cedric Biscay's comments that they were preparing a trailer for December. He genuinely seemed like wasn't aware of any of it, and he was not dodging any questions that I asked. He confirmed that Sony is still interested in helping to promote Shenmue, and as I mentioned in my previous post there were never plans to show the game at PSX. It even sounded like he wasn't expecting to see more from them until next year before I mentioned the December stuff. I don't remember the exact way he said it, but it sounded to me like he felt a trailer would probably go directly to backers rather than being presented at a show without notice.

Ultimately, I think we were all making connections that were convenient but there weren't there. I'm over it already.

I also asked him about Phantasy Star Online 2 on building the list, and he says he gets requests for it all the time and always passes them on. Ball is in Sega's court on that. I thanked him for their continued efforts to bring Yakuza games to the west, but ultimately that was all we talked about. It was nice that he was wandering around the indie booths at the show, it took a bit to find him though. Had to follow his Twitter and use his tweets to figure out where he was. :-)
by Sappharad
Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No Shenmue 3 Until E3 2017!!!

I'm honestly surprised to see so many Shenmue fans so disappointed. I thought Shenmue fans were used to disappointment by now. ;-)
At least we're getting the game...that's all I care about. The less the game gets spoiled the better.

I'm more surprised at the fact that some are even willing to threaten to bring the development team under a negative spotlight for the rest of the gaming media because they are being, at the moment, denied of seeing a footage that some backers paid like, I don't know, $10,000 to have that privilege.
by sand4fish
Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Some new additions: http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170104/e91d8f9fb2d660e63651d0529fa577d2.jpg

Got to say I really like the Pal dreamcast cases on the shelf (even though they're fragile as fk)
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170104/dcbe5034c38f5f8fb53afb233b9920ac.jpg
by Coromasta
Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I FINALLY got my copy from them not too long ago as well, and the original release date was October. My brother is still waiting on his No Man's Sky Explorer's Edition too. He used to order Vinyls from them as well, multiple month long delays, damaged goods, etc. They tried to say he should of paid for better shipping, when it was their third rate packaging that didn't protect it. Not to mention they charged me $10-12 for expedited (all that offered when pre-orders for REZ first went live) and ended up shipping it to me using $3 media mail. It literally said $3.XX Media Mail on the shipping sticker. Took two weeks after it shipped to make it to my house. First and last item I order them lol. iam8bit is a shit company.
by Raithos
Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SEGA Europe Register ShenmueHD & ShenmueRemastered Domains

SEGA Europe have registered two new domains that hint strongly at a Shenmue HD remaster happening soon:

ShenmueHD.com and ShenmueRemastered.com

You can discuss this new turn of events with other Dojo members here.
by Sonoshee
Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

Regardless of what you think of his style of game reviews he's given Yakuza 0 quite a bit of publicity.

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kickstarter Update #65: Dev room update

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1775306

Greetings Everyone,
It has been a long time since our last update, and we are painfully aware you all have been eagerly awaiting the monthly report. All of us here have been so wrapped up in the development process that time seems to have flown by...

But no excuses! We apologize for the lapse and will do our best to bring you updates every month. It is beholden on us to keep you informed (without giving too much away of course!) and will do so as promised.

So here we go with vol. 2 of our dev room reports!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUblCa_MHBM
by Peter
Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sonic Forces & Sonic Mania

Fresh from an Austin Texas based event called SXSW: the first gameplay of Sonic Forces, formerly known as Project Sonic 2017, filmed offscreen. The game is being made by the Sonic Colors/Sonic Generations team and will feature classic Sonic gameplay, 3D gameplay and a yet unannounced third gameplay mode. Coming holiday 2017.

Below that you'll find a new Sonic Mania video and a one hour video of SEGA's SXSW 2017 panel, showing gameplay from both Sonic Forces and Sonic Mania, which is by the way being delayed from spring to summer 2017. Sonikku might be pretty happy about how promising Forces is looking, there's some pretty spectacular stuff going on in the background of that stage. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X5XykQILjI&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhoh2rVLkQA&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyXg9kAp4Vc&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xM_MK8yRA4&feature=youtu.be

Both games are coming out on PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC.
by Monkei
Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep I ordered mine yesterday as well. I've got Pier Solar, Sacred Line and Papi Commando from them. The later two weren't developed by them but they did the manufacturing/publishing. High quality products for sure.

I'm sitting on 2 up and 1 down.
http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/you-are-killing-me-robert-de-niro-taxi-driver.gif
by Raithos
Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This truly is an awesome time to be gamer. But there just aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done.

If I could I'd seriously break the laws of physics and risk the destruction of reality itself... if I could just fit more gaming hours into the day. The epic backlog of unfinished games that has been piling up since the start of the year is starting to hurt my pride as a gamer.
http://i.imgur.com/pNPQIvY.jpg

I get around an an hour and a half in the evening to play games but often I'm too tired. :-({|=
by Bambi
Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sega E3 Product Categories

Probably nothing to go crazy over, but was checking out Sega's E3 page on the E3 website, and they appear to be entered into 5 categories for the event.

- Product Categories (5)
Free-to-play > PC/Windows
Role-Playing > PC/Windows
Role-Playing > Sony Playstation 4
Role-Playing > Xbox One
Strategy > PC/Windows

Role-Playing is a fairly specific category, and Shenmue HD would obviously fit the bill for that, especially on all 3 platforms aswell, since it would be a port i'm sure they would look to push it on PC and PS4 obviously, but why not Xbox One also...?

Obviously, other games they could be showing off like Valkyria Revolution and Yakuza Kiwami, you could also say fit that category aswell...but still just thought it was interesting enough to share.

Here's the link if you are interested :) -

http://mp037jm24.mapyourshow.com/7_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=Vc59qhav

EDIT: Hmm, just discovered theres another section for Atlus / Sega, and here they are entered into 103 different categories...again some pretty interesting and specifc stuff! Making me extremely excited :D!! -

http://mp037jm24.mapyourshow.com/7_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=8xgYppwY
by James Brown
Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:mrgreen:
IT ARRIVED! The Kickstarter Genesis book. Full of concept art for the hardware/games. Art of the games. Sprites. Developer stories and more. Amazing book!
by Bluecast
Wed May 17, 2017 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

The Gamblog journalist Romain Mahut is on fire...

It looks like he struggles to remain silent about Shenmue HD (See the last tweet picture, from yesterday night).

For those who have no idea who he is, Romain Mahut is a journalist working for the second most popular gaming website in France (behind Gamekult) and he is also a huge Shenmue fan.

This below is the first time he did a tweet about the Shenmue series, at the beginning of April.
http://i.imgur.com/28IzyyR.jpg

The next screen-cap is taken from the comments section about the "SEGA plans to revive major IPs" news.
http://i.imgur.com/ISamt51.jpg

Romain posted a Tweet shortly after JAW CEO comments about Shenmue HD on NeoGAF.
http://i.imgur.com/akpNcIu.jpg
(No N.D.A. but he has been asked to keep some things for himself.

JAW CEO "kind of confirms" on Twitter what he wrote on the NeoGAF forum.
http://i.imgur.com/AIBUgwQ.jpg

New Tweet from Romain, yesterday night. This is not an answer, that's a spontaneous tweet.
Although Shenmue HD isn't mentioned, it's seems very very likely that this is about our beloved franchise.
http://i.imgur.com/hVHvc4U.jpg
"It's coming out. The real mystery is the announcement date."

It's interesting to note the change of "tone" since the JAW CEO comments.
I assume he no longer feels obliged to keep some things to himself.
To me, this is the closest thing to an actual confirmation of Shenmue HD existence.

Why does Romain write so much about Shenmue?
He's a Shenmue fan, but also a journalist and as journalist he probably doesn't want to miss the "scoop" if the opportunity arises. (By the way, he and Julo, another journalist AND Shenmue fan from Gameblog will attend E3. It's definitely worth checking their Twitter accounts during E3...)

That said, Shenmue HD could exists as a "project", it can be at the beginning of the development or simply far away from completion. It's SEGA, no doubt they can be late. Officially, we don't even know if the project has been greenlighted.
Although the chances for an announcement during E3 are real, they mathematically are still not above 50%...
It may come later, during the PSX or the TGS. It all depends on how far they are with the development and how early before release, SEGA wants to make an announcement.

As Shenmue fans, as a Community, I think that all we can do is keep the pressure on SEGA to release Shenmue HD before Shenmue 3 comes out. About that, TeamYu explained way better than me, where we stand right now.
https://www.facebook.com/TeamYu/posts/1608837042461662/

Let's make the June 3rd #SaveShenmueHD Tweetathon the most vocal of all time! :mrgreen:
by Kiske
Fri May 19, 2017 4:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sonic Forces & Sonic Mania

phpBB [video]

Please be good. Please be good. Please be good...
by Let's Get Sweaty
Tue May 30, 2017 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

Some disappointing news, but for the greater good! Yu Suzuki has announced that Shenmue 3 will be delayed until at least the second half of 2018.

phpBB [video]

Media Articles

IGN
Eurogamer
Metro
Kotaku
MCV
VG247
Dualshockers
PSU
Destructoid
by Peter
Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

So when is SEGA's showcase? Not that I'm putting much faith in them to deliver.
SEGA isn't having a showcase, which is the norm for them. They'll be on the show floor with the games they've said they're bringing to the event.

I suppose the HD Collection won't be happening.
No-showing doesn't mean that at all.
by Spaghetti
Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If there is one person within the community whos work gets overlooked, and doesnt get nowhere near enough praise as he should, its Kiske.

There are a lot of people who do great work for Shenmue, but he really is one of the silent heroes since Shenmue 3 became a reality. His passion is unmatched, and his ideas and support across all of the Shenmue community sites is something that is to be absolutely commended.

Just wanted to give him is due live and respect.

Bravo sir, and thank you for so much hard work! =D> =D> =D> =D>
by Peter
Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If there is one person within the community whos work gets overlooked, and doesnt get nowhere near enough praise as he should, its Kiske.

There are a lot of people who do great work for Shenmue, but he really is one of the silent heroes since Shenmue 3 became a reality. His passion is unmatched, and his ideas and support across all of the Shenmue community sites is something that is to be absolutely commended.

Just wanted to give him is due live and respect.

Bravo sir, and thank you for so much hard work! =D> =D> =D> =D>

I don't know what to say Peter.
Thank you. :heart:
by Kiske
Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Switch or PSVR

So games I have atm that support the PSVR are..

Resident Evil 7
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Star Wars Battlefront
Drive Club
Geometry Wars 3
Final Fantasy XV
Fallout 4 (update incoming)
Skyrim (update incoming)

Plus cinematic mode for other games and when watching movies.

Games that I will want anyways that can or will also support PSVR:

Ace Combat 7
Gran Turismo Sport
Rez Infinite
Farpoint
Dirt Rally

So then the question is are these games worth playing in VR?
Certainly I can say the most worth it would probably be Ace Combat 7 and Gran Turismo to me..
But after that whats coming out? Sony didn't showcase PSVR to the degree I hoped for at E3.

I guess I should consider the fact that PSVR even though nearing the 2 year mark, is still in its infancy. Also perhaps by the time it does really take off, a version 2 of the hardware might be out.
Also its only available in white.. I have all my entertainment center stuff in black. That would just totally clash like as if...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170618/9861a702598533bc05075d145f66d73a.jpg
by Axm
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In the meantime, Sega Forever liked another #SaveShenmueHD related tweet. It's the second one out of 100, not that bad.
https://twitter.com/ShenmueForever/status/876824458991894529

It's probably part of their teasing (trolling?) plan for the upcoming "Sega Forever" service, but nevertheless, it's nice to get some acknowledgement and exposure for Shenmue HD.
by Kiske
Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I cant believe that there is so much hate on this sega mobile stuff. They made great job porting genesis games, right now i playing comix zone and there is no lags and freezes, works like magic.

I just cant get this SEGA hate, they bring Shenmue to life, spent crazy amount of money and just gave away one of their best IPs.
by JohnBlack
Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Data Discs, who made the Shenmue vinyl album (with translucent blue represses available from next week), are getting in early with their next Sega license:

https://twitter.com/datadiscs/status/878300767228133376

We are proud to announce the official SONIC MANIA LP! Gatefold sleeve with exclusive art + download code. Available from mid-July.

https://s14.postimg.org/6j7n2rnc1/DDBYRZo_Xo_AEXluw.jpg

https://s14.postimg.org/kqyz4zsy9/DDBYSN2_WAAAr4c_L.jpg
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Set up my Rift and Touch last night. Played Rez Infinite for 2 hours. Beautiful.
by Amir
Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some thoughts after a few hours of play:

This isn't just a "return to form", this is the best one. This is better than the 16 bit games. This is pure joy in video game form. Every second is fun and exciting, every single second. I was grinning the entire time. Just travelling around, spinning and jumping is an exhilarating experience.

It isn't just a throwback, either. It takes the originals as a foundation and builds on them. Every second something exciting is happening. This is unbelievably good, beyond my wildest expectations.

And it's huge! The levels are gigantic! When I finish a level I get the feeling I've seen maybe 25% of what it has to offer, I'm going to be replaying this game for a long time.

Believe the hype.

One early boss battle in particular will just blow your mind
I know exactly which one you mean. I had to pause it I was laughing so hard. It's emblematic of the whole game, just joyous.
by KidMarine
Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One early boss battle in particular will just blow your mind
I know exactly which one you mean. I had to pause it I was laughing so hard. It's emblematic of the whole game, just joyous.
Ha! I know what you mean. It was especially cool for me since I was playing Mania with a friend from midnight onwards and we used to play that particular game together competitively years ago. Even remixed the music to it. Amazing..
by Crimson Ryan
Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue III teaser is FINALLY HERE!!

Enjoy!

phpBB [video]

(Credit to Kiske and SheepheadCG for getting the jumps on this. A few confusing posts and topics were deleted prior to this topic.)
by Peter
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

It's a small detail, but the HD Phoenix Mirror really stood out for me. It looks beautiful!

by Jibby
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DICk2CZVYAA7ptC.jpg

"The Taiwanese PlayStation Store has leaked the announcement of Yakuza: Kiwami 2 for PlayStation 4 ahead of Sega’s Yakuza Studio New Titles Presentation on August 26.

According to the listing, the game, which is a remake of Yakuza 2, is built in the latest iteration of the Dragon Engine, which is used in Yakuza 6: The Song of Life, and will launch in Taiwan on December 7.

Further details are expected to be announced on August 26."

Hahahahaha. BRING IT ON!!!! \:D/

Edit:

Nagoshi says there will be surprises at tomorrow's Yakuza Studio presentation, despite Kiwami 2 being leaked.
by Demonoroth
Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just wanted to say that I LOVE Sonic Heroes! One of my most favourite Sonic games ever. That is all :D
by Shenmue_Legend
Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue 3 Effect: What could go wrong or right

^ Troll or not, views like the one above is what alienate gamers outside the Shenmue fanbase. Games nowadays have been better than ever. Advances in technology allow so much complexity and depth in gameplay on modern games that if all future Shenmue titles will do is update its graphics, then the series will surely be bound to be just one of those indie projects that all that is aiming to do is capture the feeling of the past gaming eras.

QTEs are so obsolete by now as cinematic action moments can be done in gaming without them (see the Uncharted series) and fighting in 3D space has gone such a long way since Shenmue (see For Honor). It would be such a downgrade in vision by Yu Suzuki, a designer known to always innovate with each creation, to just follow the old mechanics of the previous titles to a tee.

What is this "complexity and depth" you speak of? That's absolutely so untrue. If anything, nowadays games are the exact opposite because they cater to casuals so much. Let's take a fighting game as an example. Street Fighter V. Even Yoshinori Ono himself admitted that they simplified the gameplay so that casuals could get into it. And For Honor? Seriously? For Honor's combat isn't even martial arts based, it's developed entirely around the use of weapons so they're not really comparable. And besides, it's combat isn't better than Shenmue. That's for sure. Look I've played many modern and games from the past alike. Things like Uncharted 4, The Last Of Us, Ocarina Of Time, Okami etc. Shenmue is better than every single one of them.
by Shenmue_Legend
Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic