Search found 27 matches

Return

Re: Yu Suzuki : a new interview about Shenmue III incoming !

Looking forward to the interview! Although I'd love to know more about III, I think I'd wait for the game, as I already regret watching the spoiler in the Niconico interview. Here are some of my questions (including upvotes for ones already asked):

(Already asked)
- Curious about Shenmue Online, can he talk about how he was asked to make it, how faithful it would have been to the Shenmue story, was he disappointed it was cancelled?
- Japanese audio and English subtitles is a must!
- How far along was SIII was on Dreamcast before being cancelled?
- How does he feel about the supernatural elements of the floating sword and Shenhua's powers contrasting with the realism of the first two games?
- What game (arcade or any other) would he like to make other than Shenmue?

(New questions)
- Has he met Shigeru Miyamoto? What is his opinion of Miyamoto's games?
- What was Zhu Yuanda's relationship like with Iwao? I felt that this was not really discussed at the end of disc 3 of Shenmue II. All we heard was that Zhu was friends with Zhao Sunming, but nothing about Zhu and Iwao.
- Does Yu Suzuki practice martial arts?
- If everything goes well with Shenmue III, how does he foresee IV and V coming along? Can we expect them in 2019 and 2021? Referring to the GDC map, can we assume IV would take place in Xian/Luoyang, and V would be in Mengcun and Beijing? Would we ever see a side story set in Shanghai/Suzhou or Tibet/Xinjiang?
by kuwakodono
Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well it seems the Japanese VO with English subs for EU & US players is a big deal to a lot of folks, contrary to what may have been said before. Think enough people have mentioned it to warrant the question being asked. I sent David an email already so hopefully he gets the opportunity. (Cheers David!)
by Sh3ppy
Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No worries guys. I can understand that some people want to have the choice between english/japanese voices etc. I am not going to ask for something specific but telling him that there's a demand and adding an option to allow us to choose would be great.

I am receiving all your mails so even if I don't reply, don't worry. Right now I am busy with my travel schedule etc, but I will read all your questions one by one, I promise.

I can't thank you enough for your support.

I'll get back to you as soon as possible !

Have a nice day.
by DEVILLE_David
Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

- There is a old screen-shot of a scene where Ryo is giving Xiaoqin (the little girl from 'Sunny Capital Pharmacy' in Shenmue 2) a ride on the back of a bicycle. Can you explain what was happening in this scene and why it never appeared in the final game?

- In South Carmain Qr. of Shenmue 2 there is a mysterious dead end alley just to the right of Sunny Capital Pharmacy. This alley has always intrigued fans. Some have speculated that this might have been the location for the removed 'Man Mo Travel Company' or a through road to a completely new location. There is also some evidence that Sunny Capital Pharmacy was originally located there. Can you provide any information about this alley?

-Are you aware of any secrets or easter eggs in the original games that still have not been discovered by fans?

- Can you give us any information about the village of martial artists that was completely removed from Shenmue 2? Was this a village in Guilin?
by johnvivant
Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: With Shenmue 3 coming out, we'll finally get to....

Also, you learn swallow flip from Master Chen at the end of Shenmue but you can only use it one fight- in Shenmue II the move is gone.
It's still in Shenmue II's move list and you can still perform it with the extension where Ryo will jump up and punch the guy laying on the ground. In fact this is the very move that Ryo uses to defeat Baihu in the first round if you haven't learned the Machine Gun Fist.

The Demons Triangle can be used in the Shenmue Collection when you took a quick look at the scroll in Langhuishan.
It's very powerfull and fast and looks impressive and absolutely painful.
by BlueMue
Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What will the "goal" of the game be?

shenmue852 wrote: one of the goals will be to REAL SPOILER
rescue Shenhua's parents from the Chi You Men

Just to note that Yu Suzuki's comment from the Niconico broadcast can be interpreted as referring more specifically to (SPOILER)
Shenhua's step-father (details in my earlier post here)
by Switch
Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lack of Loading Screens? No Loading Screens?

Loading times would allow more detail in stores. Witcher 3 had a massive downgrade indoors due to this.
by killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OVA or Manga/a better option and less controversial? [ra

Shenmue doesn't have a great story, but it's presented very well as a game.

Video game or nothing -- I don't want no stupid Shenmue Anime.
by Thief
Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When Sega inevitably announces the HD remasters...

Nocon Kid was most likely hired to work on the flashback scenes.

Re: the competition theory, it’s more valid than you might think. Especially if Sega ends up releasing “bare-bones” ports (if that), whilst Nocon releases his version for free on the internet (which he was considering).

Ideally, I’d love to have him gain experience working on S3, before integrating an official Shenmue [remaster] team…but since Sega doesn’t like money, I won’t hold my breath on this one.

On a side-note, I agree with Zoltor; it seems that certain JPN gaming companies are mentally stuck in the 20th century:
-Konami cancelling awesome IPs to make pachinko machines
-Sega selling merchandise exclusively to JPN market
-Shenmue Paypal officially focusing on the 5 retards who can’t use non-JPN internet.
by punkmanced
Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When Sega inevitably announces the HD remasters...

Hiring an ultra-dedicated Shenmue fan with abundant Unreal 4 experience, whilst successfully/ legally binding him from releasing anything in the future that could be seen as competition.

Multiple birds with one stone; in other words, a good business deal.
This shouldn’t be hard to understand.
by punkmanced
Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo's Accessories

shenmue852 wrote: anyway do you know if Naoyuki's bike was based on an actual model like Joy's was?

I'm into sports bikes, so I'm not as well-versed in cruiser bikes. It resembles the 1986-ish Yamaha XJ700 Maxim to me.
by RyanHazuki
Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic