Search found 98 matches

Return

Re: Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

Its cool that cedric wanted shenmue 3 on dc but yeah, that would have been suicide in terms of sales, HOWEVER, i would have loved if Shenmue 3 was on ps4/pc with retro DC graphics ala megaman 9/10. I mean there is a market for retro indie games so it could've work.. Modern UE4 graphics are fine and all but theres just something for me on how Shenmue 1 and 2 look that its unmatched from everything imo.

Exactly, I just see that as wasted development capital. With such small demand for it given the current DC install base and subsequent lack of future availability, it's purely a ultra fan boys wet dream. Don't get me wrong, I'd love nothing for it to happen myself as I count myself as a DC romantic, but the realist in me wants Shenmue 4 to succeed in every possible way and therefore any resources diverted from an excellent PS4/PC Shemue 3 release to a relic platform would be as you say, financial suicide. :agrue: #-o

In fact, the possibility of Shenmue 3/4 on the Dreamcast 2 seems more of a probability than a port of Shenmue 3 to the Dreamcast platform given the 16 year technical challenges. Whereas these are only possibilities on a Dreamcast 2. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. \:D/
by fittersau
Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dreamcast on modern tv

To think how innovative the Dreamcast was, but still it shipped with a standard RF/Aerial connector :D

One thing they couldn't innovate was the development of the TV input standards! Not even TV companies knew.

How bad is the input lag with the hdmi thing? Also, do I need both of the things anime linked?

As far as I know those 2 items i linked are all you need. I dont have them myself but they ahve been on my amazon wish list for a while now, and the amazon comments section reccomend these 2 items to play the Dreamcast on HDMI equiped monitors. Thats all I really know, I plan on getting these when i get the chance though.

Make sure you spend the extra $$$ and get a box which does 1080p upscaling. I got one which simply does HDMI conversion and retains the 480p.. so kind of disappointing. Will grab a 1080p upscaler later.
by fittersau
Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Will any box help with input lag?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNCynrPW7Pw

Check out this review.

Like us he's a Shenmue fan, but he doesn't demo Shenmue unfortunately.

He does mention whether there is input lag or not, but it's obviously hard to tell when he's just dumping the footage straight from his Egalto rather than recording both screen and controller at the same time.

1080p with HDMI looks great on 3D games.
by fittersau
Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Project Update #54: Shenmue 3 by Ys Net

GYO6161 wrote:
Kickstarter Update 54 wrote: Mo’ mo-cap coming up, so stay here!
Uhh.. what? lol lmao

Engrish... c'mon!

More mo-cap coming up, so stay tuned! #-o Where is Joel when you need him?

\:D/
by fittersau
Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have a 4K TV so decided to splurge on a 4K upscale converter.. will let you guys know how it looks when it arrives.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V83GEJY

Can't wait to play Shenmue 1 Undub on my beloved Dreamcast.
Please do, if it works good i will buy one.

Okay, it arrived along with that cable. So both work fine. Previously I had a simple VGA to HDMI converter without any upscale and the TV registered the signal as still 480p. While it helped sharpen the picture, it was still straight up VGA 480p.

Now with the new Panlong box, it can display the following ranges:
1280x720 60FPS 4:3 or 16:9
1920x1080 30FPS 4:3 or 16:9
1920x1080 60FPS 4:3 or 16:9
3840x2160 30p 16:9 only (stretched picture) 4K
3840x2160 60p 16:9 only (stretched picture) 4K

For me the sweet spot is 1080p @ 60FPS. It's clear, in proportion, and smooth.

Even though I have a 4K TV, when using the Panlong upscaler in 4K mode, the picture is stretched too wide and can't be forced into 4:3 aspect ratio. Also there is just not enough information to fill in between the pixels to make the picture look good from 480p (345,600 pixels) through to 2160p (8,294,400 pixels). This image for example shows how much the upscaler has to fill in it's 24 times smaller than 4K in pixels.

http://www.dr-lex.be/info-stuff/infoimages/res-sizes.png

As a result, the picture quality on Shenmue looks banded and pixelated in 4K mode.

On the topic of 1080p (2,073,600 pixels) upscaling, it's only 4 times smaller than 4K.

Would I recommend it? It's pretty good especially since it can do 60FPS. I would say it doesn't look as good as the PC emulators for whatever reason. If you're after the best visual experience Shenmue can offer, I'd say a decent PC running demul or the other one would get you best results. If you're after a nicer picture than default with option for 60FPS on your Dreamcast, this is not a bad device to get (along with that cable).

The following is Dreamcaster Tube's video of Shenmue in 1080p as a reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyfo7u9MGto

In addition to the Panlong converter you'll need:
1. Dreamcast output to VGA cable http://www.amazon.com/Tomee-Sega-VGA-Cable-Sound-Adapter/dp/B00HPU96FI
2. RCA to stereo adapter http://www.amazon.com/C2G-Cables-40645-Stereo-Adapter/dp/B000J1H4VI/ref=pd_sim_63_7
by fittersau
Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99/GDI]

Sorry I've been away from the boards for awhile. I still have some 99min CD-Rs that work great on DC, so if anyone is still looking feel free to PM me.

Big thanks to Nico0020 for sending me a copy of these.. been wanting it for a while and don't have access to old burners and discs. Thanks mate! =D>
by fittersau
Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So, what do you estimate is the budget of this game?

Mr357 wrote:
fittersau wrote:Shenmue 3, Astroboy, Cobra.. etc.

I had no idea that they were working on a Cobra reboot. Cedric is officially god-tier.

He really is a big fan boy like the rest of us.. I don't know where he gets funding from.. perhaps he is good friends with the Monaco royalty.
by fittersau
Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 2016 & Shenmue 3

south carmain wrote: honestly if I can't buy a fanta in shenmue I don't think its even worth playing.

Is that you Joel??

by fittersau
Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 2016 & Shenmue 3

Well they did hire one guy from the community (well I don't know if they "hired" him but they are working with him) but the only effect it really had was inflate his ego to the point where people couldnt fake being happy for him anymore.

Do you mean Kid Nocon?

I was surprised they didn't hire (or try to hire?) Esppiral tbh, his renders are amazing.

http://i.imgur.com/o0cmjdN.png

His stuff is great isn't it. I think Shenmue 3 team were after people with UE3/4 experience as that's where the bulk of the game development is.

They actually do have haku-jin on the team, can't find that photo now though.
by fittersau
Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lan Di has sold the mirror to the Tokyo museum.

Lan Di: "For the last time, where is the mirror.... so I can put where it belongs in a museum."
Iwao: "I have no intention of telling you."
by fittersau
Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lessons Shenmue III can take from recent indie game fail

The only tangible warning sign I personally see at the moment is the "time factor".

Not that I feel the development is going slow, but that Shenmue 3 would need more than 2.5 years (from scratch) to really allow Suzuki-San to deliver what he has he mind.

That said, I'm prepared to welcome a 6 month delay, if necessary.

I'm prepared for a year delay. I just think they don't have enough time / budget to go that long to deliver what I think he will deliver.

I would like to say Shenmue 3 is different given Yu Suzuki's experience, but really scope and time are such big issues. I think when we are shown some real combat which is one of the cornerstones of Shenmue, then I will be able to make a better assessment.

Recently I played my first Kickstarter backed game which was backed in 2013, Hyper Light Drifter. Alex Preston had never made a game before, but he had on his team a number of semi experienced indie developers and also his unique vision and art work. The game was delayed for 2 years given Preston's health problems, but you know what, he delivered a stellar debut of a game. Hyper Light Drifter is one of my favourite games of this year and sits along side Dark Souls 3 comfortable. So while there have been failed expectations in Mighty No. 9 and No Man's Sky, it's not all failures.

I don't think and I do hope, Suzuki's experience will help put them put out a solid game. It's again with the assistance and persistence of Sony Third Party productions with Gio Corsi helping this along, so we'll see how strict they are with deadlines. So far Shenmue 3 still looks to be in very early days of development. The amount of time that planning is a part of a game's development can't be understated and even with the last Shenmue 3 update, Suzuki brought in Okayasu Keiji as sub-director to help with day to day affairs on top of his other production assistants. So really it's to ensure work gets done according to Suzuki's vision.

One other factor is Suzuki isn't doing what Inafune did, which was start the project, leave it and run 2-3 other larger projects at the same time. Suzuki also isn't jumping on the hype train like Sean Murray is, thankfully and cranking up expectations way above what they could possible deliver. Suzuki has been quite clear about what he wants to achieve as set out by some of the Kickstarter goals. Of course some of those KS goals were rather vague, but if you understand Shenmue then you have a decent idea what those goals are.

For me the key elements of Shenmue are 1. Story/Script 2. Combat 3. Models/Animation 4. Environment 5. Mini-games. It's gotta be fun, gotta be engaging, gotta look good.

With UE4 most of 2 - 5 can be taken care of, but story, it has to be right.. we've waited so long to see the story continue, so number 1 is really the highest priority.
by fittersau
Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Translation

Hi everyone,

Anyone can translate the discussion between Ryo and a NPC (9:21 to 9:33) in the first video of this link :
https://shenmue.link/history/

Thanks !

あら淳ちゃん - Oh Ryo-chan

いろいろ大変だったわね - It's been unfortunate hasn't it..

どうも、お世話になりました - Thanks for your concern.

ところで、稲さんはどう?- By the way, how is Ine-san?

ええ。大丈夫と思います - Um, (she's) ok I think.

そう。ならいいけど - Ok then..
by fittersau
Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The New Combat System

I'd be surprised if Ryo couldn't do any of his old moves. Shenmue 1 moves carried over to 2.

I expect someone's work at the studio would be to import all the moves from 1 & 2 to 3.
by fittersau
Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

I'm one of the 10k backers, and I did get to see some content that's not been released publicly. What I've seen has personally reassured myself about the project, and I believe that's the same sentiment everyone else who went to the dinners felt. Unfortunately we've been asked not to disclose them outside so can't force you to feel the same, that's just something you'll have to trust us on.

I'm only speculating here but I guess either the project has hit some difficulties recently such that a video wasn't possible, or it was deemed not good enough by Suzuki-San.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed as well, but I ask of people to have a bit more patience, and try not to spread this negativity into something the media can make up as newsworthy. We managed to wait more than a decade didn't we?

This.

Coming from someone who's seen the development first hand, I think it's enough to take a fellow Dojo member on their word. Then you have mega fans like Peter who's slack jaw photo speaks a thousand words without saying anything. He is truly gobsmacked at what he saw. Read into reactions of the people in the know more.

For Ys Net, it's damned if you do, damned if you don't. They were damned for showing a relatively crappy cut and paste job for the Kickstarter video and damned for showing other updates with crappy fingers and immature Ryo models. They just can't win even if they are trying to satisfy the fans and the press.

With this in mind they probably feel its better not to feed the trolls, because it's damning either way.

What you can do is look at the updates especially this last one with Yu Suzuki reflecting on a lot on the game and music. He seems relaxed and so did the interviewer.

Rome wasn't built in one day, nor Shenmue 3 built in one year. So relax, they are working on it and I reckon they are further ahead than they have showed so far and when a proper Shenmue 3 trailer is revealed, it will be right up there and can sit along side of The Last of Us 2 rather than just be a side show reskin of UE4 that it has been in the past.

Read between the lines, see what is unseen, but spoken and your concerns will dissipate.
by fittersau
Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: December 2017 is fastly approaching!

Lol so much heated discussion.. Really, it doesn't take much to see that they are waaaay off track to deliver for Dec 2017.

If Shenmue 3 is still announced for Dec 2017, I wouldn't even bother with the game. It would be so broken and unfinished it wouldn't be worth tarnishing the memories of Shenmue 1 & 2.
by fittersau
Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

Hmmm. So a remaster would be the best thing to get. Not that I'm complaining.

I think in the scheme of things, a remaster is a good thing to get. One, it means if our Dreamcasts all die, we can still at least play Shenmue 1 & 2 on updated hardware. Two, it gives everyone a chance to play the prequels before Shenmue 3 comes out.

Disadvantage is the lack of updated graphics for today's standards. Everyone would love a Nocon Kid remake, but that would take a long time with some updated controls (and an option for classic controls as well).
by fittersau
Mon May 22, 2017 12:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

darksniper wrote: I hope they change that ugly font and go back to the original Shenmue font. Don't understand why YS was so insecure about something that's not broken.

Could be copyright reasons...

Also Shenhua in my profile picture was on the official Shenmue 3 website which I hope they'll use her instead.
by fittersau
Thu May 25, 2017 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Update #67: Developer Room Update 3

Ahhh, our E3 dreams crushed again :(

There's no way this game is coming out in December.

Personally, I don't like the new character model. it reminds me of Overwatch, which i love, but i guess i wanted something similar to the Yakuza models for Shenmue 3.

I even took time off work to watch the streams! :D

Nope, the game isn't coming out this year and for good reason, the game needs time to get better and fully developed.

I love the new character, the muscle modelling & rigging shows they actually have some good talent working for them. The way he's built, it looks like he is a possible mini-boss. For me this clears any concerns I have with the final models of Ryo, Shenhua and any others we'll see.

A small but very good update. =D>
by fittersau
Mon May 29, 2017 7:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This doesn't look "anime" to me, personally. Honestly, it looks like Shenmue, brought into an contemporary engine and art direction.

(If people think the uproar about this is bad, wait until they reveal the final Ryo model. I can already predict I'll probably be fine with it, and many people will be outright enraged.)

Such is life.

Yep, it does look great.

And yes. Shenmue Dojo is a really tough crowd of ultras that's hard to please. :mrgreen:

People will complain because for many, they can't see the forest for the trees.
by fittersau
Mon May 29, 2017 7:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The character art style sits somewhere between plasticine and softly cartoony in my eyes. Must admit I gave the model a disapproving look upon first viewing, but I'm definitely warming to it now. The detail is excellent, the structure and composition is nice and substantial, and the look is very clean.

The detail is excellent, the poses the model goes through can show a lot of problems if the model geometry isn't set up correctly with the bones, so when the character goes through the range of flexing and nothing juts out it shows they have set this model up very well. It bodes well for when we finally see Ryo.
by fittersau
Mon May 29, 2017 7:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I personally don't understand all the fuss over a clearly unfinished character model.

Maybe this is why we aren't seeing a lot of backer updates. If this is what it's like on the Dojo I daren't even guess what the KS comments are like. I'd expect this sort of behaviour from ill-informed 'journalists' from IGN or Eurogamer, but not those claiming to be Shenmue fans.

To be honest, it's quite sad.

Ys Net Yu Suzuki can't win. Can't please fans, can't please press. And people wonder why they aren't releasing a trailer on a mostly unfinished game. It would be torn to shreds.

Very glad, they've minimised the reveal, because I want to enjoy the game as it I play, rather than it exposed in many bits in which I probably mentally put together the parts and guess the rest. Most importantly, not let the dev team be exposed to the excessive whinging and complaining which would dampen morale.

I suspect most of the disappointment is this model and their reluctance to show a full video indicates they are behind in schedule and won't release in 2017. To this, again I say, great. More time for them to get it right, rather than rush it out as turd and completely ruin the name of Shenmue.

We've all waited this long, whats another year or bit?

Worse is the unnecessary, in-fighting and petty squabbles mainly here, pretty toxic for any sort of community. ](*,)
by fittersau
Tue May 30, 2017 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I want to clarify as it seems like there's some misconception happening regarding the date of this model.

People have cited this model dates back to January. However, this is not true, the date you see in the screenshot below refers to the animation file. So they can use this file to test all models they make and it dates back to January 2017.

https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/deX3XUu93.png

The model itself can be more recent than January. Of course if you look at the bottom right side of the screen, the capture is a recent one done in May 2017.
by fittersau
Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

Trust will be important for Suzuki's next projects (including Shenmue 4)

Don't get your hopes up for a 4th Shenmue...

Shenmue 3 had an amazing announcement back at E3 two years ago, but since then it was nothing but a disaster in almost every aspect, contrary to what we (the diehard fans) are trying to convince themselves with.

So again, don't get your hopes up for a 4th Shenmue ....

Phil! So much doom and gloom! :lol:

It's not really that bad. Things take time and Shenmue 3 running well in UE4 with all the Shenmue combat, dialogue, story, animation, mini-games.. it all takes time to do well. Basically he's doing a Shenmue 2 size game with a fraction of the man power. The fact is second half of 2018 means he has the funds to keep developing for a whole year more. It's a good thing.

For me, this announcement I could see from a mile off, and for them to be forthright about it, it gives more me confidence they will make the game more solid and have better polish.
by fittersau
Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

The Fig CEO comments still has me excited, just makes the game seem that much more real and instils/reinforces a lot of confidence in that serious work is indeed happening and that it's taken seriously. .... as someone said I'm sure they'd welcome a potential Shenmue 4 campaign on their platform in the future if the opportunity were to arise!)
[/spoiler]

I am skeptical of Fig because he comes in with an ulterior motive, piggy back on Shenmue 3's popularity and use Shenmue 4 to promote his own business. Now saying this, there's no reason why a business arrangement between Fig and Ys Net couldn't be mutually beneficial but lets be serious about Fig CEO's motives.

Kickstarter took 5% of our Shenmue money, that's $316,664.75 back in June 2015. That's no chump change and for any entrepreneur, that's money worth fighting for, to simply host a public crowdfunding scheme.

If the percentage that Fig takes is well less than Kickstarter and also Fig can serve as suitable website to take in the 69,000+ ultra fans like us on funding day, then yeah, why not go with Fig and also it's associated semi-publishing services that it describes. However, given they only have a handful of games in their stable, Fig are still very much an unknown quantity.

Personally speaking if Cedric is right and Shenmue 3 sells 1,000,000 copies in the first few months, then we may not need another crowd fund. Which would be best for everyone.
by fittersau
Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

I still find it pretty current and accurate.
Conversation and free eye interaction are supposed to be deeper and more essential than other games. Master learning are authentic part of Shenmue experience. Then it's all about places and object situations in Free Quest with some creative contextual action.
The four principles are basically how AM2 built the gamedesign from start to finish and changing the method for Shenmue III would not make sense so YSnet is surely making the game the same way AM2 did. It may look simple but the original concept "The Old Man and the Peach Three" was as well.
Of course there is an original art dimension above all of that. Shenmue's one is to inspire the player to peacefully take his time while other games are mainly fast paced action games. This was the assumed Suzuki's goal when he conceptualized Shenmue.

Overall, I view Shenmue as the advanced story mode of Virtua Fighter.

Oh agree, good summary.

I would say for Shenmue above any game I've played, Shenmue incorporates the Taoist philosophy as another hallmark of the series. Being able to think spiritually and walk on the road to forgiveness is probably what Ryo's ultimate goal will be. This spiritual connection Yu Suzuki has interwoven into the game is what I believe binds us so intimately into Ryo's story as well as the learning he receives from various masters and opponents along the way.

In many ways, the communal catharsis was released when on that fateful day 15th June 2015 Adam Boyes announced Shenmue 3 was being made and a Kickstarter was beginning.

These reactions say it all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7UcCUuSoEE

My eyes still moisten when I watch the announcement. Our connection with Yu's story goes beyond simple enjoyment of a video game to something spiritual that only those who have spent the hours playing Shenmue will ever understand.

I hope fellow Dojo members will look beyond any misgivings they have with the current progress of Shenmue and also contention amongst Dojo members to fully appreciate Shenmue's message.
by fittersau
Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

Missed the anniversary of Reuben Kee uploading his version of Reflections, but it was 10 years ago he played this for us.

phpBB [video]
by fittersau
Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Switch or PSVR

Hay guyz I just got a Switch :lol:

I'll get Zelda soon enough. Although really can just play some more PS4 games for awhile too. But Mario is dope and that will be enough reason to have a Switch for awhile.

Came in late, but you made the right choice. =D> Switch hands down over PSVR. Zelda is a generational masterpiece, which I have yet to play but want to. I have a PS4 Pro so waiting eagerly for Shenmue 3.

PSVR is just not quite there with the quality and content unfortunately in my opinion.

You'll get much more value of fun from the Switch easily. Zelda and Mario are good starting points. Enjoy!
by fittersau
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #69: June Report

Is that new character Mai Mai that Kenji talked about in his video?

I was thinking the same thing when I saw it...

Do you mean Ming-ming?

Could be, but she has twin tails, not a single pony tail as shown in the recent update.

http://nsa38.casimages.com/img/2015/07/17/150717084341549871.jpg

Oddly enough, this girl in the new update looks like she's a Japanese shrine maiden, miko-chan, with the red hakama and white kimono, rather than from China.

She's too cute not to be a future love interest for Ryo. :heart:
by fittersau
Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Esppiral wrote: Gamescom is located in Germany isn't it? an hour by plane from Barcelona... and I won't work this August.... decisions...

Anyway glad they changed the logo, and I LOVE those characters, everything is shaping nicely!

Dooo iiit and get a chance to introduce yourself to the team. :) :mrgreen:
by fittersau
Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

sutoji wrote:Anyway looks like haters are already digging in from this update

aww, gawd, please don't give douchebags like him any more views by linking here.. lol..
by fittersau
Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

:?: Not convinced by Ryo's look yet, I think there's something off in his eyes and his cheecks, though I'm not sure what it is.
It may still be too early to judge, anyway and these may be older assets too: just look at how they're using a new logo, even though they they recently said they were going to use the original one (I doubt they could've changed their mind :D ).

P.S.: :) I'd love to know if Ryo and Shenhua's models already looked something like this at the time of the backer's dinner.

It's Ryo's hair. Too boofy. In previous models his side bangs were waxed down, now he looks like other Asian high schoolers with boofy side hair.

Heading in the right direction though, just still jarring because it's not the old Ryo we know and love.
by fittersau
Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

In the KS update email i received Yu Suzuki tells that HE DID THE FINT HIMSELF, by Hand! Now thats awesome!
Yeah I noticed that. I almost feel bad for not being too keen on it at first when he clearly put a lot of love in drawing that himself.

I don't think anyone should feel guilty for not liking it, it's your reaction without the knowledge of the source.

Guess what, Yu Suzuki chose the original English "Shenmue" too, so do you feel bad about not using it?

For me, it's primarily about consistency for the three games. If this has a new logo, then it just looks out of place with the previous two games, with my Dreamcast boxes and other paraphernalia.
by fittersau
Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

The YT & NeoGAF comments are making me VERY emotional right now. What's happened to the gaming community I knew of 20+ years ago? Hell, you could've said it was more "kid-oriented" back then, but the toxicity today is unreal...
It's interesting. In a way, the behavior is more childish now that there's many more adults around.

Neogaf used to be cool a number of years ago, now its more like 2chan or other places which overreacts to things. (yeah, yeah there's a bit here too).

It's gone a bit looney tunes, frankly.
There's a very real temptation to go full blackout, disappear into the ether, and just wait for the game's release.

Spag going into hiding and not talking about Shenmue 3... come on.. pull the other one.. :lol:
by fittersau
Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #73: New Progress Video!

they really jumped the gun releasing that teaser trailer; it’s getting ripped to shreds on almost every corner of the internet. The thing is, any decent PR firm (or fan) could have told them that trailer wasn’t fit for public consumption. It should have been clearly labelled as “work in progress”, plastered right across the whole video; and released directly to backers, not on PlayStation’s official YouTube channel as a “teaser”.

I'm still confident they'll polish it up and release a fantastic game, I just don't think Yu has his finger on the pulse of what the online community is like these days and their PR has been lacking.

In all honesty, who cares what other people think. Shenmue III has always been for the fans and by all accounts the fans love it. The more I watch it the more I'm excited to play the game. I can see the areas which need work and there's a lot, but the potential is there as has been the hard work in getting to the current state and it shows.

They really needed to release a new trailer as it's been a very long time since we've had any video of in-game action.

I'd say they are still holding back heaps and a game like Shenmue has to since it's so story driven.
by fittersau
Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dengeki and 4Gamer interviews quick translations

NIce one Dave.

I began some work on the new 4Gamer one.. but it's quite a bit of work. But hope you guys get something out of it. Switch etc will do a better job and faster.

4Gamer.net(以下,4Gamer):
 よろしくお願いします。
 さっそくですが,今回,ティザートレイラーがgamescom 2017の開催に合わせて公開されました。なぜE3ではなくgamescomなのでしょうか。

Nice to meet you. Without further ado, you revealed the teaser trailer to the public at Gamescom 2017. Why did you choose Gamescom over E3?

鈴木 裕氏(以下,鈴木氏):
 Deep Silverとの契約がE3 2017の前にできていれば……というところですね。最後のサインが進まずに,トレイラーの公開はgamescom開催のタイミングになりました。

The contract negotiations with Deep Silver occurred before E3. When we finally signed it was appropriate timing to show the trailer at Gamescom.

4Gamer:
 そういうことでしたか。
 ではあらためて,Deep Silverをパブリッシャとして選んだ理由を教えてください。

Ah I see is that how it was.
Again, can you elaborate why you chose Deep Silver as your publisher?

鈴木氏:

シェンムーIIIは,発表してすぐにKickstarterでのキャンペーンを行い,それは成功しました。
 ただ,オープンワールドのゲームを作るとなると,それでも予算が足りないという状況だったんですね。ですからパートナーとなるべき会社を探し続けて,何社かリストアップした中にDeep Silverが入っていたわけです。
When Shenmue III was announced, the Kickstarter campaign it was a success. Usually, when open world games made, the budget is not quite enough. Therefore we were searching for a partner and out of the list we chose Deep Silver.

4Gamer:
 決め手はどういった部分でしたか。
What was the deciding factor?

鈴木氏:
 Deep SilverはSEGAと協業したことがあったり,信用できる人から推薦があったりしたので「これは現地に行ってこよう」となり,最終的には契約することになりました。gamescomの開催に間に合ってホッとしているところです
Deep Silver have partnerships with Sega, they were well regarded and recommended. Eventually we signed a contract with them. We made it in time for Gamescom.

4Gamer:
 発売延期が発表されてからあまり動きがなかったので,Deep Silverとの協業が明らかにされたことでファンもほっとしているかもしれませんね。
When you announced the release date delay, there wasn't much progress shown. Fans appear relieved to hear the partnership with Deep Silver.
鈴木氏:
 実は,発売時期の変更を発表した時には,Deep Silverとの契約に目処がたっていました。ゲームの規模大きくしてオープンワールドでいこうと決めたためにやることが増え,その結果として延期になったわけです。
Actually, with the change of the release date and the partnership with Deep Silver prospects are looking good. We decided to inclearse the game's open world scope can be more realised as a result of the delay.
by fittersau
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

There's still plenty of work to do on the models. They're nowhere near final. They shouldn't have put out a trailer with unfinished models and no facial animations because people are fucking dumb and assume they're final. That's an unfortunate reality.

The environments are shaping up great, but if you think the models are anywhere near done, you're ignorant. That's all there is to it.

I disagree, I'm very happy with the Gamescom trailer. So glad they are showing their progress and if you know what you're looking at, you can see heaps of work done. However there's still a tonne of work remaining most importantly the game fight system, story, minigames, more environments, fixing up the environments, more animation etc..
by fittersau
Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic