Search found 14 matches

Return

Re: What are you currently playing?

Playing Super Mario RPG. I haven't played it in YEARS, and going back to it, honestly, it still as fun, beautiful and brilliant as it ever was. This game is a great example of making a game more streamlined without being dumb too. Must play for everyone, not only RPG fans in my opinion.

Just wish Nintendo would use Mallow and Geno more. They're great characters but it's a crime how underused they are.

Came across this while browsing reuters's gallery of the week pics. Always cool to see Yakuza locations in realy life.

Wanna see something really cool? Check out this two part series on Yakuza locations in real life. The dude went through lots of the iconic places. It's very interesting, and only makes me want to go to Japan even more. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDHB8as9izs
by Shin Pan Tzee
Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Anyone got this too? It's looking good to me. Don't usually take my chances with movie based games, but Avalanche knows how to make fun games and i just love the films.
by Shin Pan Tzee
Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dark Souls 3

Eeeehhhhhhh, nah, I'd prefer Kojima work elsewhere.

Agree with this. Kojima has his own thing, and his style and focus is just too different from From's. It wouldn't work as well. To me, Miyazaki is already their own star, and he's getting better each time. Just keep the man working with creative freedom and i'll be happy.

"Man, what I wouldn't give for a new Tenchu by From...

Oh yeah. I can only imagine new Tenchu in today's consoles, with From Software's attention to detail and level design. Lawd, what do i have to do to get that? Not sure how the situation of the IP is though. Some people say they have it, some others say they don't.

Anyway, after three games based on western fantasy, i'd love to see a From game based on Asia. Maybe one in the Souls style someday, but first we need Tenchu.

Combines the godspeed of Bloodborne and the quaint kiln of Dark Souls 1 n' 2's setting. Pure gold, pure gold.

All of the Souls games seem to have big weaknesses along with the great strenghts, but this time it seems they're getting all the right things from each game.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140220214431/darksouls/images/thumb/9/90/Praising_Intensifies.gif/120px-Praising_Intensifies.gif
by Shin Pan Tzee
Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

Yakuza is just too damn good. One of my fav series of all time. After being blown away by it on PS2, i bought a PS3 just to play the other games, and stayed for other great exclusives too, of course.

I'm more hyped for Y5 than MGS 5 tbh. Hope it succeds so we can get Y0.

God, I so hope we get Yakuza 0 too, that game looks sweet. I know it's greedy, but I want to be excited for more Yakuza after 5 is out, dammit. It's really cool that Y5 isn't getting anything cut at all from the Japanese version, even has Virtua Fighter 2 Online in the Club SEGA arcade.

Yeah, 0 looks brilliant, and from people that played, it is even better than 5. Dat 80's feel ads a lot to it too. We just need to buy Y5 and make more people buy it, and annoy Gio Corsi on twitter too to send Sony a message. We did it for 5, we can do it for 0
by Shin Pan Tzee
Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A great idea for Shenmue 3(a tournament system)

I'd love tournaments like that, but also simpler fight clubs, and punks trying to mug you on the street or bars ala Yakuza, all of which would build your reputation kinda like II, and make you earn money. Would be nice if the more advanced you are, tougher enemies would challenge you around the streets and in tournaments.

If you do a lot of fighting, it gets more complex and challenging, if you don't, you keep a normal difficulty throughout the game. Yu, as mentioned in the combat thread, doesn't want it to be too hard, so by doing that, people that love challenge and people that don't would be happy.
by Shin Pan Tzee
Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thanking Sony

They're on a roll recently bringing back, or to the west, games we wanted but had no hopes for. Sony just doesn't let dreams be dreams.

Thanks PS3 for hitting their ego really hard, so now we can be thankful for their work.
by Shin Pan Tzee
Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

[color=#FF8000]^^I might be mistaken, but I believe the "only six maps" thing only applies to the initial digital release they're doing.

From their website:

- On March 11th 2016, we will release the initial launch content, which contains three locations - Paris, Sapienza and Marrakesh - featuring six campaign missions.

- Following March, we will release one new sandbox location per month in April, May and June.

http://www.hitmanforum.com/uploads/default/optimized/2X/a/a6fb3626e84e9014ad54eb8014e6ab66f23794d5_1_450x165.jpg

So basically, that's all we'll get. 3 maps with 2 missions each, and later 3 more, with 2 more missions each too. Of course there is Contracts Mode, but that really doesn't add much.

If that's really how they'll go, it is HIGHLY disappointing, specially because they promised the biggest Hitman game to date.

Oh well... I won't cancel my preorder because i'm a longtime fan and want to play it anyway, but can't say i'm all that excited anymore.
by Shin Pan Tzee
Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

Really?
An official Sega blog, and this is the kind of crap they post? It's like they've never even played the Yakuza games. The movies they mention are all good'uns, but these are some weak-ass recommendations for someone trying to tide themselves over until Y5 comes out.

Seems to me they just did a quick google search for some films and tried throwing it out there. I mean, chinese and american films, and others that do not resemble the Yakuza games in any way, even if great movies.... Very lazy attempt imo. You came up with a WAY better and more appropriate list and i bet you did it from the top of your head. BTW, you really need to watch Sonatine.

I was bracing for a January release so I'm happy.

Yup. Wouldn't have anything to play this november-december otherwise, so i'm ok with this.
by Shin Pan Tzee
Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "I Could Do With A Bit More Money" Yu Interview @Eurogam

Oh yea, lets not forget any company that flies reviewers out to these reviewer events, if that's not bribing(as well as another form of controlling the outcome of a reviewers reviews) in of its self, I don't know what is.

Yeah, paid travels, paid meals, many gifts like free games, collector's editions and even a complete gaming PCs with the game installed for the reviewers, and of course, ads on the websites, that not only can be used like a bribe, but are always under the pressure of being pulled out.

Sure, no website gets money directly from the publishers to give them good reviews, that would be retarded, not even gangsters did things like that. But, we've seen so many situations where incredibly boring AAA games get glowing reviews though, most of the times with no disclosure of anything, and with a big contrast to the actual gamers opinions, that it's not even a question anymore that gaming media is not trustworthy. Don't even need to mention the controversies, like the Gamespot reviewer being fired for a bad review too, among others.
by Shin Pan Tzee
Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 can't promise 60fps but can promise sexy girls

Yeah, because a character model being sexy is the reason the game can't be 60fps. Man, gaming journalism sure has been going down the drain. These people can't stop taking things out of context, spinning things around and grasping at straws all day long to find the next big "controversy" just to get some progressive cookie points.

Won't even bother clicking anything from this website anymore. One more to the list.
by Shin Pan Tzee
Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Miyazaki - Dark Souls 3 probably final Souls game ever

They'll probably keep making games similar to it, like they always did with King's Field, Shadow Tower and etc. But it is better for them to try new things and not become just a Souls studio. They already stabilished themselves, now it's time to move on and show what else they're capable of, otherwise they'd just become stale and die off.

I just hope based Miyazaki has plans for a new Tenchu. I just need another one in my life.
by Shin Pan Tzee
Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

http://071bc3d04e2671665c74-5a267f839fbe60d0845a37698418bb02.r26.cf5.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/kings-quest-2015-walkthrough-640x325.jpg

Bought and finished this one too. I wasn't expecting much to be honest, but i ended up absolutely LOVING it. Can't wait for the other episodes. It just felt great, like playing a game from my childhood.
by Shin Pan Tzee
Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Assassin's Creed: Empire

While it is good that they'll be taking more time and doing it in Egypt and possibly Rome later, it's really hard to get any hype or even think about buying it, when the core of these games is beyond fucked up.

A cool setting won't save it or get my interest if it is still a souless, uninspired checklist simulator with uninteresting characters, uninteresting and repetitive story, abysmal side missions and extra "content" which is nothing more than padding, and if it's lazy game mechanics keep getting worse.

Unity was my first PS4 game, and i enjoyed playing it for a while, but after a few hours i just sleepwalked through the whole thing. Even played the DLC and the extra mission, but they weren't any better. Same thing with Syndicate in my opinion.

If they don't make some serious change, sales will keep going down. Highly doubt Ubisoft will chance much tbh, so i'm very skeptical of this.
by Shin Pan Tzee
Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Franchises That Were Tainted by the 7th Console Generati

Hitman. Before a brilliant series about big, sandbox stages where you run free and play with your creativity to get away with murder, making it almost an art form.

Then the 7th gen happened, and the big scenarios were chopped into tiny, linear ones. Freedom and creativity were cut down because of stupid checklists and a condescending voice in your head, and the gameplay took a back seat in favor of a cinematic approach and a fucking AWFUL story.

And yes, i'm aware Blood Money was also on the 7th gen, but it was very early into it, and it was also present on the 6th.
by Shin Pan Tzee
Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic