Search found 143 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue 1 and 2 HD on Steam?

Jurgen Post (SEGA Europe COO), last year on the subject of Shenmue HD: "If we are to do it, we'd want to do a fantastic conversion to the current platforms".

It's not just coming to PC.
by Spaghetti
Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BluePoint Games at work on a "Classic" remake.

Kinda unrelated but it's nice to see another Shenmue Tweet from Sega. This time it's not even from Sega Europe's account, just the straight up Sega account:

by SheepheadCG
Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Missing chapters in Saturn version?

I would love, above all else, for the Saturn version of Shenmue to one day leak. Certainly hope they've still got the source code for it at the very least.

"It belongs in a museum!"
by Spaghetti
Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue III The Story Goes On (Slacker Backer Support Video)

I've made a small video to help promote the Slacker Backer campaign. Hope everyone enjoys it!

Please watch in HD 60FPS for the best experience.

phpBB [video]

Thanks to Mr.357 for the gameplay footage and thanks to Kiske for the idea :mrgreen:
by Jibby
Sun May 07, 2017 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

BlueMue uploaded a fantastic day-to-night time-lapse of Dobuita, complete with the "Hey, mister! Wanna play with me?" kid doing his best Slender Man impersonation from 3:48 :lol:

phpBB [video]
by ShenGCH
Tue May 09, 2017 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm happy that you enjoyed this! If this interesting to watch in general then I'll do more of those time-lapse videos.
by BlueMue
Wed May 10, 2017 7:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Okay, so here is Yamanose in a time-lapse since it was requested and because the shrine is indeed worth watching.

https://youtu.be/XHKPh-iogcE

I had to pull off some tricks to get a good look at the shrine. I simply couldn't find a spot that gave a good angle without Ryo locking on to virtually every NPC. So I used the power of nullDC Cheater to freeze the camera in place and then moved Ryo out of the way.

There's definately something interesting going on with the shrine visitors. While trying to get this video done I noticed differences in who would appear during my bunch of attempts on different days. Like already mentioned by ShenGCH, Liu-san will visit the place early in the morning. He only appears there after you've met him in Suzume Park however.
You can also see Manabu Takimoto and he didn't always appear at the shrine. I don't know how it works but it could be that the game has some sort of weekly schedule for who appears on wich days. Could also be dependent on where you are in the story.

I was actually expecting more visitors and also thought it would be possible to see the kids change shift taking care of the kitten. Since there aren't that many NPCs walking by I made it run quite a bit faster than the previous one.
by BlueMue
Sat May 13, 2017 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

No, remake is a horrible idea. Remaster is good, but even remaster is really hard to do proper way. The good example is Nathan Drake collection: its a really good remaster and really well recieved by players. But actually its not quite the same Uncharted from PS3, overall feeling is not like 100% the same. Mainly because of lighting and colors are different.

And if one take the game like Shenmue where details are super important, and also its the game really based on vision of Yu Suzuki, it can be a disaster.
by JohnBlack
Fri May 19, 2017 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Hangout on YouTube by the time of E3

I'm just gonna direct you fellas to this topic: http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=50430

We'll be streaming as usual up to E3, but on Monday 12th of June there will be an E3 stream to close out the playthrough of Shenmue II, cover the Sony conference, and maybe a few more surprises.
by Spaghetti
Tue May 23, 2017 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo Twitch Channel - schedule & discussion

Hello everyone! We've got something special lined up for you all. Tonight at 9PM BST (1PM PT/3PM CT/4PM ET), not only will Part 12 of Peter's Shenmue II playthrough be going live on Twitch, but we will also be dual streaming to YouTube! This is also the plan for our upcoming E3 stream.

If you want to watch on Twitch, you can do so at: http://www.twitch.tv/ShenmueDojo
If you want to watch on YouTube, it's: https://youtu.be/XApXjEJNZws

Peter will be reading and interacting with both chats.

We also have an exclusive Shenmue II video lined up, so be sure to arrive to the stream on time in order to catch that. It's something that's never been uploaded to YouTube so you probably don't want to miss it!

And of course, you can find Part 11 and all previous parts right here if you're behind on the streams:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcd2z-prBTU
by Jibby
Thu May 25, 2017 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

celsowm wrote: Shenmue I & II on famitsu pool:

The Dojo thread for the poll has also now been updated:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=50800
by Switch
Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

celsowm wrote: Any chances of Shenmue related thing here?

I could be biased, but...

by Centrale
Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Totally agree @Spags @darksniper! While making the headlines and aiming for deadlines certainly helps, games should be approached and developed in an organic fashion, this isn't a movie tie-in game that Yu's trying to produce where compromising for a specific deadline is a must, it's well and truly a work of art to us and it's always satisfying to see him take the craft so seriously.

I don't think I've shared my opinions outside of the Shenmue streams (@Peter's and @Ziming's) regarding the last update but I was really impressed with the attention to detail with the level of work presented, it's unprecedented and quite ambitious as far as any kickstarter project I've seen/backed, especially when you consider it's legacy.

I believe it was mentioned by a few how Shenmue 3 should resemble an art style closer to the Yakuza games/Shenmue online. While I can understand and appreciate that, it's not anything I expected for this project to fulfil, I think that it's an unfair limitation to place on it due to the difference in the games budget as well as really restrictive from a development perspective if Yu-san and the team indeed wanted to challenge/change from that.

Personally I think Shenmue's biggest advantage is that artistically it's so distinctive that it can flex and be interpreted in many different ways, we've seen examples of this from things such as the Shenmue manga, art illustrations and even the fanart! Whenever we've see that saturn version it looks memorising from so many different perspectives to seeing someone's snes-looking fangame looks just as exciting. Trying to imagine Shenmue 3 in a stylised cell-shaded graphics sounds just as appealing to me. In conclusion, I think what they've shown so far is great and Shenmue is a sensory experience, the music, ambience, colour pallet, how Ryo walks, passage of time and interactions etc are just as important. It's nice to see that cold, hard decisions have been made with this game for it to be a reality (this can't have been easy for the team), that's what I've really wanted to see. Saying that, my favourite footage so far is still the one from March where we got to see the QTE, chair moving, closet opening etc specifically that gameplay snippet where we see Ryo standing and his brief idle animation and transitioning to nightfall, THAT is what Shenmue needs to evoke and where the real challenge lies (and do well, in which it DAMN is so far if I may say so! xD)

http://oi64.tinypic.com/2jcfz13.jpg

Seeing the finished project is key here, what's shown (like the model of the man) is cool from a development perspective but it isn't the actual representation of the game we're seeing yet, so I put it in the same value as a 3D model render of a product that i would show to clients or a concept image from a game kickstarter pitch, it looks cool but it isn't quite tangible/grounded yet. No doubt will a lot of work and changes will go into embedding that into a game environment and seeing scales/looks. (e.g. the scenery and architecture also look great on their beastly machines, but if I plan on playing this on a base PS4, will it still look cool when you consider many unreal engine 4 games are sometimes lower in resolution and use a lot of AA? These things you can only know/judge when the game is closer to reaching the finish line imo.)

These days I feel like you can have one of the coolest games in the world but if technical performance isn't pitch/pixel perfect people will rip it to shreds, whether they're too accustomed to what they've experienced from different titles with different budgets, if they can't get immersed without it (which is a huge shame) or if these people simply want to dismiss it because they don't want to feel like they're missing out (I'm surprised how much of a factor this especially is today, with people committing less time to games.)

Saying that, polish does matter and these days I often feel it pays to wait for a game to actually have most of it's kinks ironed out. Some games can get away with it depending on what it is or how you see it, but it's crucial with Shenmue as an immersive experience so i hope they don't experience much difficulty with the engine there (thank the father's of heaven that this game isn't on unity engine!) I'm sure (just like the original games development) we're going to notice so many changes to many different aspects of the game, Yu-san is very meticulous with this sorta thing as you all know so it'll be interesting to look back if anything else. Just recently, games like mass effect andromeda and yooka laylee sound like they're getting such significant changes it's basically an overhaul to the experience (which is a kind of a shame considering how things turned out regarding their respective launch.)

The Fig CEO comments still has me excited, just makes the game seem that much more real and instils/reinforces a lot of confidence in that serious work is indeed happening and that it's taken seriously. (Not that I doubted it, I'm glad much is kept a surprise it's nice to see another perspective especially after the broken age kickstarter, as someone said I'm sure they'd welcome a potential Shenmue 4 campaign on their platform in the future if the opportunity were to arise!)

Just my thoughts on all this, thought it might've be worth reiterating here. Really excited to see more down the road, very patient for 3, kinda impatient for 1 and 2 HD :-p Hoping for the Rice Digital rumour to come to fruition and that Shenmue HD is on track for this year (failing that please just announce the game, YOU ARE TEARING ME APART SEGA!)

We're almost there everyone! :-D

http://oi66.tinypic.com/2ir6pas.jpg

p.s. I'm almost towards the end of thimbleweed park right now, shaping up towards being my second favourite crowd-funded game. It nails pretty much everything for a modern point n' click (except I think they went a bit too far with the in-jokes/breaking the fourth wall, too much of it gets stale+annoying and yeah I'm not a fan of the deadpool movie, monkey island definitely did this more tastefully imo) but was reading on just how much it exhausted the dev's to work under crowd-funding... :-( Hope they're not burning out at YS.net and wish them all good health...

p.p.s I just heard right now that there's a patch that comes out for thimbleweed park where you can disable the annoying in-jokes AHAHAHAHA what?!?! Guess there were others that were more vocal about it! xD I've never heard anything like this happening, closest being much of the awful/redundant dialogue being cut out in the DmC definitive edition
by FlagshipFighter
Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

They could have waited until the end of the month to announce this along with the updated schedule they are promising. They've already announced their E3 no show, so the delay was expected. I'm really hoping that their timing to announce this before E3 is simply to get all the bad news out of the way so Shenmue HD can get a proper reveal. At E3. Next week. For a December 2017 release. :)
by Lan Di-sama
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sega and Atlus have just revealed their E3 line up. Obviously this isn't the full line up, just stuff that is previously announced. Some very exiting stuff so far, lets hope they pull out a couple of wild cards :P

http://www.dualshockers.com/sega-and-atlus-reveals-e3-line/
by SheepheadCG
Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Are you sure those are UK trends and not, as is the default setting, tailored/personalised trends?
by Let's Get Sweaty
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would actually be upset if it wasn't delayed, great news. Just hope Sega get their thumbs out their asses and get going on Shenmue HD.
by DoubleO_Ren
Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ok, so... not to be the instigator of hype here but;

- Gio Corsi and Yu Suzuki pose with the original game for a photo
- there are 2 pieces of bad news 9 days apart, both saying Shenmue 3 will not be at E3, as well as now a flat out full year delay.
- announcing the delay 4 days before E3 with not a single image, character model, or trailer.
- nothing offered from YSNET to "cushion the blow". Surely they knew these setbacks would disappoint fans in some way.

Strategy?

Sega..... It's over to you. [-o<

It may be a paradox, but my hype for Shenmue HD has never been so high... [-o<
by Kiske
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just my thoughts on all this, thought it might've be worth reiterating here. Really excited to see more down the road, very patient for 3, kinda impatient for 1 and 2 HD :-p Hoping for the Rice Digital rumour to come to fruition and that Shenmue HD is on track for this year (failing that please just announce the game, YOU ARE TEARING ME APART SEGA!)

We're almost there everyone! :-D

http://oi66.tinypic.com/2ir6pas.jpg

Amen. I don't give a damn if SEGA needs another 1, 2, or more years to release Shenmue HD... but just announce the dang thing already at E3 this year. It's now or never.
by ShenmueLegacy
Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Genesis games in Shenmue 3?

I think you guys are all forgetting one huge thing...

Ryo has been in this cave 16 years. It's 2004 when he gets out. I'm expecting to see Shenmue 1 and 2 playable in the arcades as well as sonic adventure, final fantasy 7, ocarina of time etc and hopefully more recent titles to that date, like Wind Waker.
by ShenmueForeseen
Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They are going to bring OG Xbox games to the Xbox One! Possibility for Shenmue II in 4K right there!!
by BlueMue
Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I found another crazy little detail in Shenmue II. Something that is so ridiculously easy to overlook, it wonders me why they even bothered to put the extra effort into it. In short it's typical Shenmue. And I love it!

The game shuffles around the textures for the cassette tapes in the trash can every time you come to this point.
So the contents of the can will always appear slightly different.

http://i.imgur.com/vLnI064.jpg
by BlueMue
Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Staying totally Zen tonight.

There's smoke, but there's no guarantee we'll see the fire just yet.
by Spaghetti
Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

celsowm wrote: At this moment the only "SH" remake (almost) confirmed for this sony's e3 is Shadow of Colossus

Yeah but they will likely announce a few ports/remasters right? Seems to be all the rage these days... just hoping S1+2 HD is one of them.
by ShenmueForeseen
Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, I suppose PSX or TGS are the next big events which could offer Shenmue 1 and 2 HD.

Still, a reasonably good conference. Some nice new PSVR games in the works. Plus, Monster Hunter World marks the return of that franchise to PlayStation, which is a big deal.
by Kintor
Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In an interview, Shuhei Yoshida stated:

"There are things we have held [back],” Yoshida laughed. “We chose not to show those at E3 2017, but there will be some more news coming out from our teams later this year. No question.”

Still hope for PSX, as Shenmue HD didn't fit in with their lineup, not without III there.
I think this may have been more in reference to Sony's first party offerings; which I believe Yoshida is in charge of.
by Spaghetti
Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SEGA FOREVER "liked" Shenmue Forever's post. Of course they're probably liking everything Tweeted at them, but hey, more eyes on Shenmue from Sega. Never say never and never give up.

By the way, that was an incredible image to Tweet out to seize on the specific marketing gimmick they're using.
by mjq jazz bar
Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Let's just pray to the lord of common sense that Sega didn't announce Shenmue HD this E3 due to committing additional time to a remaster and not due to trying to leech a new licensing deal off Coca Cola...

At this stage, I would argue Sony has more of a stake in Shenmue than Sega.

I can't imagine Sony NOT holding Sega's feet to the fire now.

Much more is at stake for all involved.

The last of us 2, Dreams, Deep Down, Golem, FF7 and of course Shenmue 3

It's clear they are "holding" some bombs to PSX 17

I really hope Playstation Experience will be our moment of glory including Shenmue HD

Don't forget Resident Evil 2 Remake. :D
by ShenmueForeseen
Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In the meantime, Sega Forever liked another #SaveShenmueHD related tweet. It's the second one out of 100, not that bad.
https://twitter.com/ShenmueForever/status/876824458991894529

It's probably part of their teasing (trolling?) plan for the upcoming "Sega Forever" service, but nevertheless, it's nice to get some acknowledgement and exposure for Shenmue HD.
by Kiske
Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looked like Sonic 4 Episode 1, which was, well, mobile trash dropped onto consoles with the expectation for it to sell on name alone.

Whatever marketing company made that video has basically zero idea of SEGA's negative baggage with gamers these days.
by Spaghetti
Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Predictions

1: No
2: Yes
3: Yes
4: No
5: Yes
6: Yes
7: Yes
8: No
9: Yes
10: No
11: No
by SickOctopus
Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gamescom Roll Call

I'm almost sure they stream keynotes on their front page.
by Peter
Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Two Weeks Left

Hi Peter. Do you think a good question to ask Yu regarding Shenmue 3 is whether it will have any Passport style components? Maybe we could trade toy capsules or if there could be some sort of competitive score leaderboard for arcade games if they are included within the game?

Ill leave it to you.

Many thanks for all you do for Shenmue and its community. I don't often post here but I browse on a regular basis.
by Quiksylver
Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Yu's at a party

According Julo from Gameblog, YSnet got a technical issue with a build of the game two months ago and it lead them to disable the facial animation in the trailer.
by Yokosuka
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VG 24/7 interview with Yu

"I think that probably after we finish this, the next one, Shenmue 4 – it will be coming. I have to do something – I have to start something – so the next one will come."

https://68.media.tumblr.com/f87fc61d9d77c58fed997f6f6bede76a/tumblr_inline_o8dt71LMuG1t7bxs0_500.gif
by Enigma
Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VG 24/7 interview with Yu

In the next Issue of M! Games there will be a interview with Yu Suzuki. It comes out in September.
by SledgeNE
Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

Ok so finally back and had a decent amount of sleep for the first time in a week.

There is a SHIT load of material to read through, so instead of drafting up a million replies, I am going to make a video reading through all of the comments and whatnot. It's easier then for me to articulate my thoughts and responses.
by Peter
Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - That's All, Folks

Here are the interesting bits of the multiplayer.it interview to Suzuki San.

Yu Suzuki: "My vision of the Shenmue universe and the way I see the characters have never changed.
To me, it's like not even one day has past [Since Shenmue 2 release]."

According to Yu Suzuki, it's still early to show a playable version of Shenmue 3 to the public.
Yu Suzuki: "More than half of the work has been done, but really I shouldn't tell you at what point we are in the development."
The partnership with Deep Silver will allow YsNet to focus on the development and work with better conditions but at the same time, the communication with media and the Kickstarter backers should be less transparent.

We had the opportunity to watch an extended version of the teaser (~3minutes). There were no dialogues o specific story related references. On the other hand, the video gives a good idea of the environments, characters and shows interactions with each others, like fights and side activities.

Following the feedback from the Community about the teaser, Suzuki San wanted to reassure the fans: "The characters shown in the teaser are temporary. We have just added a new facial animations system but the video we have prepared for the Gamescom was based on the previous version of the game."
Then, Yu Suzuki showed us a serie of 3D characters pictures, without texture but with a significantly higher complexity compared to the teaser models. "This is the quality level we are aiming to for the final version [of Shenmue 3]."

Of course, there are going to be a lot of extra activities. Mini-games and "hobbies": In the extended teaser, we saw Ryo practice punches on a cabinet looking like "Fighting Mania" or play pinball. Other classics like gashapons or forklift driving will not be forgotten. Lastly, news regarding the fighting system too: In the video, we saw a few QTE's not so different from the ones from the original Shenmue's, but Yu Suzuki claims that they are introducing some ideas to make the QTEs more modern and dynamic.

Source: http://multiplayer.it/articoli/187741-shenmue-iii-yu-suzuki-ci-racconta-della-grande-scommessa-di-shenmue-iii.html
by Kiske
Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

7 Interesting Details from the S3 Teaser [PhantomRiverStone]

The latest post on the Phantom River Stone blog picks out seven details that appear in the Shenmue III teaser and digs into them a little further.

http://i.imgur.com/oFyAxZLl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WCSNQeLl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gwABoSul.jpg

Read the article here:

http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/08/seven-interesting-details-from-shenmue.html
by Switch
Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III teaser is FINALLY HERE!!

Deta wrote: Shenmue fans are such a cry babies nowadays. Defending their thoughts like they are absolute.

Deta wrote:[the rest of your post]

by Spaghetti
Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was 18 years old when i played Shenmue in 1999. I bought the Dreamcast with my first earned money and to Christmas i get Shenmue. It was so awesome to play it, it was a true videogame.
by SledgeNE
Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III teaser is FINALLY HERE!!

Guys, guys...You know what I think would be the best promotion for Shenmue 3?

Shenmue 1 & 2 HD.
by Henry Spencer
Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lets Talk Shenmue HD

I've just seen in twitter this post:
https://twitter.com/shenmuelegend/statu ... 4952253440

And this one
https://twitter.com/shenmuelegend/statu ... 5042560005

I thought It'd be interesting to share with you all :-)
by Hazuki00
Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic