Search found 9 matches

Return

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I’d like to know a little more about the slacker backer campaign. I pledged $60 for a physical copy of Shenmue 3 but I’m still awaiting an email in which I choose why copy of the game I’d like (pc or PS4).

I know it’s a donation so no guarantee that I’ll receive the copy and if that’s the case then so be it, I’ll have at least made a contribution.☺️

They didn't send the emails yet, I suppose they'll do it as soon as they have a firm release date, don't worry.
by Hazuki00
Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah. Keep an eye out in the coming months. If everything continues to go as planned, especially with voiceover recording, this Summer might be when the surveys go out even if the game possibly gets another delay.
by Spaghetti
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm almost starting to believe a delay would be the best case scenario for Shenmue III. I think a delay would cause an unintended increase in hype for Shenmue III. Yeah there will be some "journalists" criticizing the delay for their own motives. But given the forecast of I and II HD on the upward trend, there will be a whole new generation of gamers who will understand why we feel the way we do about Shenmue III. This will do nothing but add to the mystique surrounding it.

Money talks, and Shenmue HD is the alarm clock that is finally going to get Sega to wake the fuck up.

If a delay means getting Sega officially on board for Shenmue III and/or future installments, Kiwami remakes and a consistent release schedule for titles beyond III, then I'm all in.
by darksniper
Sun May 13, 2018 11:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bizarrely enough, I’d be rather relieved to hear that the release has been delayed until 2019. It would indicate to me that they haven’t rushed anything and that the makers are delighted with the finished article. For whatever reason, a 2018 release wouldn’t fill me with much confidence that we’d be getting a game that Yu is over the moon with; I don’t know why. Anyone else feel this way? We’ve waited this long for S3, what harm’s another year?
I feel the same way, a delay sounds great to me. I think it wouldn't even be that big of a deal now that I & II HD are coming out to tide people over. It would probably give newcomers a chance to get totally caught up with the series.
by KidMarine
Sat May 12, 2018 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter update #81 - Shenmue 3 delayed until 2019

Ridiculous! If at e3 there is no new content I think this will declared as one of the worst kickstarter campaigns when it comes to marketing.

By who, the Internet Salt Brigade? As far as the rest of the world is concerned, this is one of the most successful Kickstarters of all time. You can disagree with how much "behind the scenes" footage is shown, but YsNet is under no obligation to provide that kind of secondary content. Personally I'd like to see more, too, but it seems obvious that Deep Silver has taken over marketing and will roll out an official campaign when they're ready.

I agree with the speculation that Deep Silver took notice of the phenomenal response the I & II collection has gotten and that gave them confidence in investing in more development time.
by Centrale
Wed May 16, 2018 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: what is the best chapter, do you feel?

Shenmue 2 before Ryo goes to Guilin. Is that chapters 2 and 3?

Not that I didn't like Guilin because I really did; I felt Guilin was a delightful counterpoint to chapters 2 and 3 with its wondrous natural landscapes and beautiful soothing music, but chapters 2 and 3 is where the action is at. Action-packed throughout, it really was thrilling, edge-of-your-seat stuff with not a single dull moment.

If I had to choose just one chapter, then it would have to be chapter 3(the one in Kowloon?).
Wow, just wow. I mean Ryo and Ren's ascension to the 17th floor of the yellow head building is reason alone to choose this epic chapter. That's not even including the street fights, Ryo and Ren's escape while handcuffed, rescuing Joy and Wong etc etc.

By the by, the other chapters are not too bad as well :D

3, for me, is the best "disc," of gaming ever created, with the Yellowhead Building being the best hour (and a bit!) in videogame history; so much variation, so many challenges, so many enemies and different methods of fighting them, Hang-On, (strongly detest using this word but) 2 absolutely EPIC boss battles, with phenomenal cutscenes...

Kowloon for sure.
by Truck_1_0_1_
Wed May 16, 2018 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What happens if Ryo doesn’t chase Ren?

If you don't follow anyone or go near Lucky Plaza then Ryo will go there automatically once the time hits 3 or 4 am.
It's been long since I tried this so I don't remember the exact specifics. Might be worth capturing another attempt.
by BlueMue
Sun May 20, 2018 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue III pics from THQ Nordic financial presentat

i obviously don't like Shenmue, that's why I donated to the Kickstarter and joined this forum. Think you're so fucking important because you're fluent in Japanese but the truth is you only moved to Japan because your girlfriend ran off with a black man.
by MJMW
Mon May 21, 2018 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What happens if Ryo doesn’t chase Ren?

Alright, it took me longer to get this done than I thought but here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIWakNgN1Ic

Was a bit different then I rememered. Ryo only goes back to the boat, not to Lucky Plaza. I tried getting Ryo to know the fact that Ren is there but only Sam, Larry and Cool Z know and they lead you there and if you lose them, Ryo will be lost. None of the other NPCs every say anything about Lucky Plaza.

As a bonus fact, I tried the chase again, late in the day when it was raining, as I heard of the possibility of Ren carrying an umbrella. That didn't happen. But it is worth pointing out that the game will stop the rain when the QTE chase at Lucky Plaza starts. Was a bit sad, I wanted to see them fall on the truck in pouring rain.
by BlueMue
Fri May 25, 2018 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic