Search found 596 matches

Return

Re: SEGA TGS 2015 Live Stream Discussion Topic

Ha! Giorgio is right:

phpBB [video]

It does say what I said, but they were just showing old school trailers so it only makes sense in 1999.
by Rakim
Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Jim Jarmusch gets it.
Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don’t bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: “It’s not where you take things from - it’s where you take them to."
by Rakim
Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Video Game Quotes you like.

"Do you think love can bloom even on a battlefield?"

It's literally the only video game quote I can think of without doing any googling.
by Rakim
Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV series are you watching?

Watch the original live action GTO from the 90s dude. It's even better.
by Rakim
Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo Hazuki IS in Project X Zone 2! For Reals!

That's so lame. I thought it was a 2D fighter. Getting me all exciting for nothing.
by Rakim
Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yo-Yo Ma was on Colbert yesterday doing a jazzy Saint-Saens piece and it was very nice.

phpBB [video]
by Rakim
Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Translation requests here!

You're in luck, the date its from is the first thing it says actually. "An unspecified day in August 2000"
by Rakim
Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NoconKid (Shenmue HD) working on Shenmue III :)

なるほどね。

I don't even hate him like that but the method he promotes encourages three day monk-ism. That and his Japanese is wretched. lol
by Rakim
Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What should Ryo's punishment be?

It was a delayed punishment, but Ine-san arranged to have Ryo locked in a cave for over a decade so he could meditate on disobedience and lack of filial piety.

He will emerge from the stalactite pit with an awakened sense of his yamato-damashii and a renewed reverence for his ancestors, realizing that punishment was in fact his greatest reward.
by Rakim
Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo Hazuki in Project X Zone 2 for 3DS

This game looks like complete trash. I swear you guys would cheer for Shenmue branded Ipecac Syrup if Sega was selling it.
by Rakim
Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

"Arranged Album" featuring songs from Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross
phpBB [video]

I hope we get more stuff like this. I love when they release these more fleshed out versions played on live instruments. Less tracks with lyrics next time, though.
by Rakim
Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Well isn't that nice

Knox Farm here in Buffalo

by Rakim
Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Google almost gave you proper Japanese, but the 70 man battle seems to be referred to as 70人抜き or 70人抜きバトル in the Japanese fandom. May I ask what you're going to do with this information?
by Rakim
Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III on French TV

Damn Germany always gets it the worst in online video streaming.
by Rakim
Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

Thinking about Chris Cornell's James Bond theme in the other topic got me to thinking about how I hadn't yet heard Cornell's newest track. Initially I hadn't looked into it because the title is a little cheesy, and I didn't want to hear a Cornell tune and think to myself "nuh uh"; the guy is one of my favorite singers/songwriters, so I hate when I find the occasional miss.
But finally hearing it, it's actually a great tune, and the title totally loses its possible cheesiness when Cornell sings it in the chorus. Good fucking track.
The actual song starts at about :31.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhJ9IwYc5NU

Great song. He's back onto his proper path as a rock legend. Which at this point means getting old and making a "roots" album. One more of these and I might forgive him for the Timbaland incident.
by Rakim
Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Star Wars Force Awakens Trailer #2

Yes and you must watch them in Machete Order.

Video for reference:
phpBB [video]
by Rakim
Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It Appears SCE is backing up the development of Shenmue 3. Shenmue is a Sega IP, are there any plans to support this effort?

Shenmue is of course an important IP, not only to Sega, but also to the many games it has influenced. It was the first of its kind in the go anywhere, do anything open world style games. On top of that Mr. Suzuki had a very strong desire to make Shenmue 3. モノ作りは本当に作りたい人が作るべきで、それが鈴木裕氏を中心としたクリエイターだということです。Of course Sega is interacting with Mr. Suzuki even now. We will continue supporting him concerning Shenmue 3 as well.

I can't figure out a way to phrase that one sentence into English that doesn't sound moronic. Someone help a brotha out.
by Rakim
Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That is so evil. Holy shit I can't believe that's real.
by Rakim
Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Japanese Music

That's some good shit right there. You can really hear the vocals if you know what I mean. Real raw like they're playing it to you over the phone or something.
by Rakim
Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Canon -- Why do we care?

I still think MGS2 is great. It gets a lot of shit, but it's right up there with MGS1 and Snake Eater for me.
by Rakim
Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Metal Gear Solid Creator Takes His Team and Leaves Kona

phpBB [video]

Kojima looking cool after finally being freed. And I had no clue that one Sony guy spoke the nihongoz.
by Rakim
Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deterioration of Physical Media

I can see it now. Nerds of the future scanning the ancient rotting ruins of youtube for obscure let's play videos from our era, meticulously recreating the worlds based on what they see and hear.

Nearing completion of their magnum opus, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, they will be greeted by Damaca, the local DMCA bot, who will give them an ultimatum. Cease production or receive corporal punishment in the form of a public factory reset of their consciousness. How embarrassing!

what the hell is wrong with me? lol
by Rakim
Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On a bit of a Eurodance binge right now.

phpBB [video]
by Rakim
Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They did a bit about Jamiroquai on Seth Meyers' show last night and as a result I've been listening to Jamiraoquai all day.

phpBB [video]

I love their arrangements. They create such great atmospheres. I just wanna get in there and float around.
by Rakim
Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Review The Last Game You Beat

Master Miller
was Liquid Snake the whole time!

Just thought I'd ruin that in case mittz is stupid enough to click this spoiler.
by Rakim
Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A two-for

A cute fox

and Taipei
by Rakim
Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fuck all you writin-ass motherfuckers.
by Rakim
Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I could look at this Russian painting all day.

by Rakim
Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hideo Kojima started youtubing. His top 10 movies from last year:

phpBB [video]
by Rakim
Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Gaming Music Topic

Dem Russian waltzes though.

phpBB [video]
by Rakim
Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]

"This how we kept warm in the military." :rotflmao:
by Rakim
Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General Anime Discussion

You heard me! lol

I'm a massive fan of the band, but I honestly don't think their music is up there in quality anymore to compete with themselves from that era. I'd rather they just sit this one out than appear on the world stage in their current form.

Coincidentally, they have a new album coming out in the next couple weeks. Here's the video for the lead single.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyXsn6nIcbM

They just don't have that youthful je ne sais quoi anymore that made them match with the themes of the show so well.
The only way I could see using them again work would be if they used their older albums that weren't included in the show last time. The band is probably too proud for that and would want to do the same as last time and use their 3 most recent albums, though.

The Pillows will probably get the job so I'm already prepared to be underwhelmed.
by Rakim
Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Final Fantasy Series News and Updates Thread

A fucking cover of stand by me? That has got to be the wackest idea ever.

I liked the music played during the demo trailer though. Sounded like it was possibly Yoko Shimomura.
by Rakim
Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This astronaut brought his dogs to picture day for his official NASA portrait

by Rakim
Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Final Fantasy Series News and Updates Thread

^From what I've seen the anime isn't getting, or hasn't yet gotten, a dub. Only subs.

I haven't been following this game too closely so I'm late but I found out my guess from yesterday was right and Yoko Shimomura is doing the music! Why did it take me so long to find that out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DutC4Ee9wj0
It sounds like destati from Kingdom Hearts taken up to the next level. I'm looking forward to seeing what else she has up her sleeve for this game.
by Rakim
Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This political season needs to hurry up and end already.
I had a dream about the democratic primaries last night. #-o

WTF Subconscious!
by Rakim
Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phil Phillips - Sea Of Love
phpBB [video]
by Rakim
Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Logo Poll

People were fine with 56k in 1999/2001. Those turn of the century folk were clearly mad, we can't live by their standards.
by Rakim
Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Konami in an attempt to prove exactly how little fucks they give have forced Solid Snake to be in car commercials.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Why Jesus? Why'd you have to let this happen?
by Rakim
Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue title change

Simple. Just go old school and put an advertiser's name right in the title. For short we'll call it "Fanta's Shenmue". The full title however will be "Awesome Japan presents Fanta's Shenmue. A Yu Suzuki Game."
by Rakim
Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Anime Music

phpBB [video]
by Rakim
Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Japanese Music

New Original Love song came out! Eclectic in the way only Shibuya-kei music can be. I can't wait for the full single to drop so I can get my hands on those delicious b-sides as well.
phpBB [video]
by Rakim
Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic