Search found 49 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue 2 on Xbox for the first time in 14 years

My first experience with shenmue was also shenmue 2 when it was just released on the dreamcast in 2001. I immediately got shenmue 1 after that as well. really glad my experience started with the subbed version since the dub is beyond atrocious, worse even than in shenmue 1
by drunkensailor
Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 2 on Xbox for the first time in 14 years

wow, great story. nostalgic feelings are so powerful. I know exactly what you mean.
by drunkensailor
Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are you still hyped?

I'm really hyped and my expectations are sky high like the previous shenmues justifie. also I'm VERY happy they won't rush the game to end in shenmue 3. I rather not have an end to the story and a very good shenmue 3, then a Rushed one
by drunkensailor
Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nintendo Switch

Yep. For me, at Amazon, the total price for Switch, a charging grip, an additional adapter (so I can power the dock and the charging grip at the same time,) and Breath of the Wild, it comes to $443 USD. (Well, 442 and some change, but I round up.)

Living in the UK, I've always found the American concept of arriving at the counter with an armful of products and being charged more than the prices they were labelled with on the shelves to be utterly insane. Why should the customer have to calculate the real cost before knowing whether they've brought enough cash?
It's crazy something that could absolutely never happen in Europe. I agree
by drunkensailor
Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah we yanks are a weird lot lol. (Today more than ever. :p)

It's partly because every state has its own sales tax. Different states charge different things. In my state for instance:

California adds a mandatory local rate of 1.25% that increases the total state sales and use tax base to 7.25%. Depending on local municipalities, the total tax rate can be as high at 9.75%. Food and prescription drugs are exempt from sales tax.

In more Switch news...

... Amazon now shows Breath of the Wild - the Switch version, not the Wii U version which seems to be selling more poorly - as being the third best seller in video games for all platforms right now, behind Madden 17 on both PS4 and Xbox One. Those Madden games are perennial sellers, so this is hopefully a good sign. Also a possible good sign that it's selling better on Switch apparently than Wii U.
we in the eu also live in a pretty much federal state without real borders and different taxes and each state simply has to get taxes included in the prices on the labels.
by drunkensailor
Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Youtubers who will likely play Shenmue III

happyconsolegamer
gamesack
john hancock
digital foundry
by drunkensailor
Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Youtubers who will likely play Shenmue III

although they don't really review games (they do have a ton of viewers). the guys at gamesack love shenmue according to them in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX0cRztKrRs

they even built their own lucky hit!
by drunkensailor
Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thief wrote: Judging from the trailer, I prefer the English voice acting.

agreed
by drunkensailor
Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

all this money will go into shenmue 4! :D
by drunkensailor
Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 demo

I think there's pretty much a zero percent chance of the game hitting its estimated release date. I believe that the last KS update said that the game was still in the R&D stage? I'm not an expert on game development by any means but a 12 month turnaround seems way too ambitious. I feel like Summer 2018 is probably the best case scenario for the game to be released, and Holiday 2018 is probably the most realistic expectation.

Anyway, I can't help but wonder if they'll end up cancelling the demo and cite the resources needed to release the game sooner as an excuse. From what I understand, demos are a lot more work than you would think, and if they're feeling pressured about delaying the game that would be an obvious thing to cut. There will be some pushback on the decision since they listed it as a KS bonus but I think it would be a smart move.

I just reread my post and I know it seems like I'm being kind of negative but I really don't mean to come off that way.
this game will 99% hit december releasedate. they are already very far in development as was confirmed in one of the updates. if one thing they are actually ahead of schedule thanks to the easy to work with unreal engine
by drunkensailor
Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 demo

Snakiest wrote: I believe the demo was intended as a way to collect feedback and make the game better at first, but something is telling me Yu has it all under control and we are more likely to see a proper demo for PR purposes closer to the release date.

I agree. I think shenmue 3 will blow us away
by drunkensailor
Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Drugs in Shenmue?

Jesse wrote: Lol. I don't think its ever mentioned what kind of drugs. I just had a random thought about it when Mark mentions the Long Zha. Side note if any of the characters were on drugs who would it be and what kinds?

clearly ryo is on some kind of prozac
by drunkensailor
Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unreal Engine 4 and my concerns

The solution certainly isn't resurrecting an engine from 1999 and trying to make it work in 2018/2019. That's where the post really goes off the rails. You won't hear me say a bad thing about Shenmue II, but I've got to be honest: the game was starting to look dated when it came out in the States on the Xbox. I say that as someone who considers it the greatest video game OF ALL TIME.

Sure, nostalgia/vintage stuff is charming, but it's time to move on. What you want would seal the game's fate as an obscure novelty before it even comes out.
the shenmue 2 engine definitely wasn't dated upon north american release. in fact I think it still plays excellently. the best engine ever to this day. I mean look how little details are animated like walking on steps. not until gta 4 was released would we see anything like that and the elder scrolls to this day fail at this.
by drunkensailor
Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: how does your gameroom look like??

here is mine updated:

https://i.imgur.com/35KRx43.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/eHnLB4m.jpg

Got it up like it is here last friday. cost me a whole day. had a similar setup before, all made by my girlfriend btw, but it had become a mess because I had gotten different systems and most of all improved cables for pretty much all my systems. I'm a huge videophile so this is very important to me. now it's all set and done for a while I hope.

Only my ps4 is now left connected to a tv downstairs.
by drunkensailor
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue 3 Effect: What could go wrong or right

What? No! Damn, if only Isao Okawa was still alive. I bet he would have funded Shenmue III which would obviously be amazing! Too bad there aren't more people like him in the world :sad:

What's more, S1 and 2, in fact Dreamcast as a whole were funded by a billionaire patron with too much money in his account, who didn't expect anything back. We can only guess why he did it. Maybe he had a soft spot for quality video games?

Isao Okawa wasn't just some random billionaire art patron who liked video games. He was involved with Sega (first via CSK Holdings) starting in 1984, ultimately becoming Sega's president in 1999. He invested his own money to keep Sega from going bankrupt.

He's a hero! Japanese people are the most kindest and best (excluding the idiots at Sega of course!). Do you know any other rich person that is involved with Sega?
reading your post you are either 12 years old or have the brain of one. It makes sense now.
by drunkensailor
Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How did they F the Xbox port so badly?

Honestly WTF the Xbox version of Shenmue 2 feels so inferior to the Dreamcast version in every way Id rather it did not even exist. First of all you got the bad voice acting that could of been miles better if it hadn't been rushed so badly, they got random people instead of many professionals to take part in the voice acting now I'm not saying that Corey Marshall was bad and all but Kylo just did the most jar numbing voice over for Ren like its just laughable. Compare it to the DC voice for Ren he is intimidating like a gangster not some 11 year old boy.

This is the Xbox it was supposed to be a better version for some reason they added the most annoying bloom feature ever and it's unpleasant. The DC version was sharp as hell and it looks great in VGA, no bloom was needed it looks terrible. Third of all the cover of the game... it looks like a fighting game, Lan Di and Ryo look really different and instead of the beautiful DC art they just ruined it with that Xbox art. Ryo's jacket is darker in the xbox version, I don't know if thats really a bad thing but also his cuffs are bigger! the part next to his hands WHY????

What made them do all these changes? Did they hate Shenmue 2?

The Xbox version is the best. I've always preferred the English version over the Japanese one because they all sound exactly like they should. Also, all Chinese speaking Japanese isn't very believeable. That's why the English version is also more accurate.
please just stop trying to talk with adults. you only make yourself look even more stupid than everywhere else on this forum

Wow, it's the drunken idiot again. You never cease to amaze with your stupidity. So now, if anyone has a opinion that differs from yours, they make themselves look stupid? This goes far beyond being a drunkard, I'm afraid I have to call you the stupidsailor :lol:

I rest my case

A.k.a, you give up.
OoOOOOoOoOoOoOH you just gonna take this drunkensailor?
https://media.giphy.com/media/13D90nlAuPEIM0/giphy.gif
by drunkensailor
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kingdom deliverance proves that shenmue 3 can be masterpiece

the game was crowdfunded and released with a budget of 5 million dollar and it's setting the gaming world on fire. it's not perfect yet, but it does something so unique and is selling so well. imagine a lesser open world game with at least twice the budget under guidance of yu suzuki...
by drunkensailor
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

adam koralik is one of the most useless youtubers I can think of.
by drunkensailor
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How many copies are you gonna buy?

2, one for always be in seal and the second one to play.
by drunkensailor
Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic