Search found 337 matches

Return

Re: Gaming Deals

^Sorry OL but you must have not been on the internet this past year.

We have to hate everything Konami does no matter what and not give it any rational thought. Just thought I'd let you know so you don't embarrass yourself anymore.

TBH every topic discussed just about anywhere on the whole internet seems to end up like that. You HAVE to either love or hate something. You DEFINITELY cannot like something but then also say good things about a competitor! Divisionism FTW!
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Guylians are indeed brilliant.

Going to the cheaper end of the scale, I think these are immense;

by St. Elmo's Fire
Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep, the publicist and propaganda types did latch onto it pretty damned quickly. The internet is great though in that you're NOT limited to your selection of brainwashing-enabled TV news or newspapers, you can go off and find your own stuff. I quite like some comment sections for this reason, you can immediately go there and argue about how one sided the story you have just read is. I also hate the comment sections too though for showing just how many people ARE brainwashed dummies who believe the media and will argue with full vitriol and thumb-down tactics if you dare be more enlightened than them!

I think people in general are slowly becoming more aware, it will take a long time before they realise pretty much everything we're told is bullshit, or at least presented in a style that's as good as bullshit, but I think more and more will latch on...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do they have DPD over there? They are a marvellous delivery company!

To be fair the regular brown UPS seems pretty decent most of the time too though...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Olympics in "Ryo"

south carmain wrote: Robbing people at knifepoint like ren? oh wait that's already happening.

The martial arts didn't help this poor bastard much either

Oh, and lol@topic! =D>
by St. Elmo's Fire
Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why is today's Music so "crap" now?

Meh, we have the internet, so actually finding decent stuff you like has never been easier, you have literally a whole world of it from every age to search through!
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why is today's Music so "crap" now?

OL is right when he says people have always had this complaint and music changes. And its funny that the original poster said that for him (or her) that music fell off in the 2000s because in the early 2000s most made the switch from analog recording to digital recording. It used to be you needed $100,000 worth of equipment to record indusry level music. now a days it only takes about $2,000. Before if you wanted reverb you had a machine that did that. You want an 808 in your song? better have an 808 machine. now a days all of these gadgets are done by a single recording program thats on a single computer so the whole recording process is easier to do and more accessible to the average joe blow. This is part of why music has changed so much in the past 16ish years. This is also why professional recording studios world wide are shutting down. People are creating music at home now instead. hardware being replaced by software gave birth to plugins like autotune, time correction etc... Before if you needed a singer he/she better be able to sing. Your drummer better actually be able to keep time and stay on beat, but now its more of a "well lets just get it laid down then we'll correct it later" approach. This new approach makes scouting for talent completely different. Screw talent! we'll digitally create talent. How marketable is the artist? Is the artist attractive? etc... These are the things that matter now. Because theres so many people recording from home and going viral online from their amateur shit projects, their tasteless talentless music becomes a trend to the point that even the major artists start to emulate it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZjmliqhZ-c

When I went to find the URL for that I noticed I'd already liked it! :lol:
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do any of you gals have a Huawei phone? I gotta admit I'm in love with iOS but I'm reading shit about this Huawei P9 and I'm finna jump ship.

It's gonna be my next phone (it's also sold as an Honor Hsomenumber). China is on a steep learning curve, they make some really good and high quality shit for much cheapness now.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So, how many of you think that you’ve got a mental disor

Holy thread bump Batman! [/internet 2005-ish]
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You're lucky, this is what my landline gets; ;-) :shock: :lol:

by St. Elmo's Fire
Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How long have you been on this forum ?

Way back in the days where everyone used to get together on MSN, wS hinted that he thought about implementing a filter that would automatically change every correct spelling of it to a wrong one too! :lol:
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah. I think people are just sick of the "more of the same"-ism way of doing things, be it Republican or Democrats, that they're now ready to go full batshit and bring in someone as yet untested, rather than elevate someone like Hillary who has already done so much damage. She's been party to quite a lot of nasty and inappropriate goings on, and is part of the same "club" who pushes for military intervention and interference in foreign places which are no threat to any of us BEFORE they interfere there. She also received donations from some Saudi high-ups, and those guys support full bore terrorists in the Middle East, which makes it look like Hillary fully intends to keep the current situation going. Basically putting America and ISIS on the same side in some cases, more or less! America already has quite a bit of debt and already spends insane amounts on military related stuff, I think people are sick of their taxes being wasted like that, instead of being spent on things that could make the lives of the tax-paying Americans better.

The Donald may be "gifted" $20m worth of stocks and shares in various arms manufacturers if he wins, mind you. And I think the President hardly matters sometimes, there are some insane nutters who love wars and nukes who seem to be permanent influential members of US political circles like John McCain and Ash Carter who seem borderline insane, even just from the Wikis I have read!
by St. Elmo's Fire
Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV series are you watching?

Anyone else here tried Bojack Horseman and/or Rick and Morty?

I think both are pretty awesome! 8)
by St. Elmo's Fire
Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone else here tried Bojack Horseman and/or Rick and Morty?

I think both are pretty awesome! 8)

I've seen seasons 1 and 2 of Bojack, fucking brilliant. :D Guess I should check out Rick and Morty then.

Different kind of comedy, but have you tried Brooklyn Nine Nine?

Heard things about it, but not tried it yet.

Rick and Morty is even more cynical and dark than Bojack, but even more hilarious as a result!
by St. Elmo's Fire
Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Black Mirror. S3 Ep3. Holy FUCK that is probably one of the darkest bits of TV I have ever watched, I could feel the tension just watching it!
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo OG Makes Return

I think I remember you, did you have a Man Utd signature/avatar at some point?

I think the longest serving regular poster here is probably Sonikku, though Ziming/Hellraiser still posts too.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Meh, if you "like" a celeb or actor/actress, then it's natural to feel sad about it.

Not quite the same (in fact not even close really), but when Rolf Harris was found guilty of his crimes, I was proper gutted, 'cos I always loved seeing him on TV when I was a young'in! Jimmy Savile wasn't too surprising, since he was always weird, but Rolf always seemed like a good guy...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The reunion topic.

Not too bad. It's weird, I started posting on here at a time of my life that now seems "awesome" so is viewed with a lot of nostalgia, but also when the "internet" and forums were kinda new and crazy and people who trolled could be highly funny because back then you may not have seen that particular stunt yet. Definitely fun times. A lot of us are quite cynical old cunts now. :lol:
by St. Elmo's Fire
Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Politics

Can't help but feel more at risk of a World War 3 and being bombed to hell in Japan. We got U.S and Japanese Military base not too far from me and just the fact I live in the closest major city to China and North Korea.

Not like we couldn't shoot some of the missles out of the sky before they land but you know, thats still an act of war. That or we are doing the shooting in the first place.

Just a fear I have. Trump isn't level headed.
Looks he'd declare war over twitter at 2am in his jammies.

Surely Hilary talking about "nuclear first strikes" with the conversation aimed in Russia's direction, as well as her other antagonism towards them, was an even worse prospect? Russia doesn't really have the armed forces to go trying to conquer everything, but if someone else attacked them first, then they DO still have a pretty sizeable arsenal of nukes available, along with ways of launching them.

I think China is enjoying their economy right now and don't want to start BAD nuclear trouble with Japan. North Korea is a different story by the looks of it, but I am also of the mind that China will let him push his luck for a while, but when he does something REALLY stupid, they will move in and neuter him, rather than let the rest of the world attack and then occupy their close neighbour...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am re-watching Burn Notice whilst I await the next season of Person of Interest on Netflix, whether it be UK or US proxy (which is the only thing letting me watch Burn Notice right now). Have to say, even though The Mighty Bruce Campbell pretty much plays the same character whatever his role, he is fucking awesome regardless, and Burn Notice would be a much lesser show without his presence!
If only Person of Interest could have cameo'd him in somehow...
He'd have been great in "Chuck" too, although he'd almost certainly have had to have been a bad guy, so would have got his ass kicked, which is less becoming of him...

Jack Nicholson is probably the greatest example of an actor who seems like an unstoppable force of nature (who also plays quite similarly in a lot of his roles, i.e. pretty much himself a la The Brucey baby), but The Mighty Bruce Campbell, even though, as an actor, he is WAY less of a high profile than ol' Jack, manages to blow in roughly the same direction to almost as good of an effect!
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For me, from the UK, it was purely self-serving. I'd heard enough of Hilary's WW3-ish sort of talking (which is pretty baffling for someone meant to be "liberal" TBH) to be pretty scared by it. Her boss Obama was quite keen on the whole "Let's get Russia!" thing too. Since The Donald was friends with Putin beforehand, I figured that WW3 was less likely under him. WW3 is something bad enough to affect the whole world, so obviously I wanted it to be avoided...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The fact that we live in a world where this is the lesser of two evils, where this is the better choice (I'm glad Hilary didn't win, that fucking evil cunt) makes me feel frustrated as hell. As you can probably tell.

Yep, agreed. Amazing that the most advanced country on the planet had two such shit options to vote for! I bet the DNC are kicking themselves that they didn't choose Bernie instead, he was probably "more of the same" sort of politics, but was a lot more likeable and trustworthy than Clinton and Trump.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For some reason the above comments made me go find this;

(very NSFW, loud rude words)

phpBB [video]

3:14 is about where the main punchline starts. ;-)
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Got myself FFXV and popped it into my XB1. Installed the bloody massive disk content (think it was about 44GB) reasonably quickly. Game launches. "This game needs an update! Update size 13.35GB.". :???: :cry:

Just been told it needs another update, 7.4GB this time. :roll:

How about NO!? FUCK YOU SQUARE ENIX! I want to play it NOW, so you made me make my XBox "go offline" just to play a fucking game? 7.4GB isn't pocket change, what kind of fucking "update" needs to be so massive? How about you cunts develop your games properly the first time instead, save us all the bandwidth?
by St. Elmo's Fire
Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm watching a few right now. I'm watching Designated Survivor,

I think that is a surprisingly excellent show. Maggie Q is pretty good in it, though the last thing I watched with her in it was Nikita (which I also enjoyed lot), so keep expecting her to be better at fighting than she is in Designated Survivor , though to be fair she has kicked some ass and done some lockpicking already, and has been a sort of shadowy force operating a secret mission in plain sight, so not a million miles away from Nikita either...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sat May 13, 2017 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RIP Chris Cornell

It does suck, yeah. RIP.

It looks like depression is becoming more understood now though, since I've seen a lot less of the "FFS, he had it all, what did he have to be depressed about?" sort of comments this time...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri May 19, 2017 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh, and RIP Roger Moore.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue May 23, 2017 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dec 2003, yeah you're proper OG! 8)
Did your name not have the "S" on the end before? I vaguely remember a "Fin".

I also think it's nice to see Bluecast posting again, good that you seem to be doing better now, dude! :tup:
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri May 26, 2017 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah well I joined in about 2003 myself, so conveniently left that out! ;-)

About the whole Ryudo thing, let's just put that down and never mention those times again...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri May 26, 2017 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How long have you been on this forum ?

Haha I remember that!

"I DON'T!
SUCK!
I DON'T!
SUCK!".

Was a pretty catchy theme!

EDIT: HELL YEAH!
phpBB [video]
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri May 26, 2017 7:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic