Search found 112 matches

Return

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U/NX)

elfshadowreaper wrote: So have motion controls been shown at all for this or are they going old school?

The E3 demo was played using the gamepad only. As far as I've seen there isn't any features exclusive to the gamepad either which means it should be able to be played with the Classic Controller.
by Riku Rose
Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

At this moment the only "SH" remake (almost) confirmed for this sony's e3 is Shadow of Colossus
by celsowm
Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 2017 - Games, dates & rumors

Day one. :heart:

phpBB [video]
by Kiske
Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

I've been saying for 10 years and i'll say it again; there won't be a shenmue 3 release. not ever. can't believe so many people here get their hopes up based on nothing. why would sega release this game? answer that question. there is no reason. hell even square had to bend backwards to do sequels of final fantasy 10 (and 10-2) which actually was a commercial monster success unlike shenmue. and shenmue III is more expensive to make as well.

How this post would have looked 5 years ago. What do we do with a drunken sailor?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGyPuey-1Jw
by Bluecast
Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will Shenmue 3 Suck?

The only thing that would make Shenmue 3 suck is if Lan Di doesn't catch these hands at some point in the game. I'm not trying to see him ride off in a boat or fly out on a helicopter this time.
by darksniper
Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Politics

That "Russia hacked the election" bullshit needs to fucking go.

I've been looking at news on my Facebook feed and on my youtube political channels everyday since Sanders got fucked over by the DNC and it still infuriates me they still prefer to focus on that and the latest man-baby twitter "metldown" ramblings from a supposed president.

We have way more important issues to focus on than that. Especially since the ultimate point of the Russia thing is the fact the public now knows how fucking crooked the Democratic establishment was. So you got caught being a bunch of conniving crooks...and somehow it's some foreign entity's fault that the Democratic establishment was outed as crooked? And you can't even prove they even sanctioned it, let alone did it, so you let your mainstream American propaganda wing beat the war drums for the neo-cons?

Bunch of horseshit. If they try and install another corporate fucking crook for 2020, I'm voting for Trump if he's still gonna be even around. I rather see this place crash and burn than keep playing the same stupid game.
by Kenny
Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You think that a foreign country influencing our election isn't important? Don't make this a partisan issue. Everyone is affected here.

The issue is that there's no evidence of anything of that sort happening, yet the media outlets drone on about it 7 days a week because it's great for their ratings. They do not care about the truth or real journalism.
by Mr357
Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There is a bit of a CNN shitstorm occurring on the internet today. Apparently some guy made a simple gif, showing Trump bodyslammign CNN, which the president tweeted on his personal twitter account, and the official @POTUS account:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/881503147168071680

CNN is extremely butthurt over this, trying to claim that this is the president enticing violence against them. They found out who created the gif (which wasn't hard since the dude posted on the_donald subbredit about how excited he was that President Trump tweeted something he created.

Earlier today he posted an apology saying he regrets making the gif and he wished he considered the consequences of releasing that gif. Anyone who spends any time on the internet would immediately mark this apology as bullshit. CNN then publishes this article , which further sheds light on what really was going on. The most important part of the article is this section:

CNN is not publishing "HanA**holeSolo's" name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again. In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same.

CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.

It is likely CNN talked to the dude, saying that they would release his real name, which will destroy his life because of racist posts that were found on his reddit account. The guy really didn't want this to happen so he obliged and wrote up an apology. This apology was removed from the_donald, bt the way, so the only proof of it ever existing is through that CNN article.

At any rate, this reeks of criminal coercion and should be taken to court. Problem is that the reddit user has to reveal his identity if this is taken to court, which is typically the problem with cases involving coercion. I am not a lawyer so I don't know if there is any way that this guy can remain anonymous in court, but since this is something that involves the actions of a president who is also a very wealthy businessman, it is not a simple case of a big news company going after a little guy. This guy potentially has the backing of the president and his legal team. Can be yuge.

If I was the guy I would try to milk this shit for all it is worth. He could get a real nice settlement out of this, a settlement that would help mitigate any damage that may be done to his character if he chooses to come forward with it.
by Mr. Frozen
Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A foreign power worked to influence our election, and that is entirely unacceptable.

No, it would be unacceptable if the U.S. literally didn't blatantly influence every single election or foreign government decision in the entire world for a century straight. As it is, you can't have a free press and simultaneously filter out everything foreigners say about U.S. elections in order to influence them. An influence-less election is not a free election. A free society has to presume its voters are intelligent enough to inform themselves before they vote. The assumption that Americans are not smart enough to interpret anything but an official filtered narrative is the exact opposite of liberalism, and quite frankly I'm shocked the Democratic Party is taking this authoritarian position. They're all but advocating for an "official" news network combined with a ban on social media to "save our elections from the Russians". This is an incredibly quick obliteration of liberal values in America, much worse than anything Bush did to the constitution. When corporate news spends all its time telling us what isn't real news rather than reporting the news as they see it, this is no longer journalism -- it's a political party. The people decide what is news by choosing what to listen to. No, sir, I don't like it!
by KiBa
Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1st Shenmue III Teaser

phpBB [video]
by BlueMue
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

Youtube comments are really annoying me.
by delvec19
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Made a 15 second "highlight reel":

phpBB [video]
by Amir
Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone else encouraged by the sheer number of views for the teaser? Reaching 350k and hasn't even been out 24 hours now. The video dwarfs any recent Sony YouTube video view count. The hype for this game is real.
by Ogata
Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kotaku: Revelations or PR stunt?

Kotaku is objectively a tabloid trash publication but in this case I'm happy that they presented the two sides of the argument.
by killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Please pray for my sister

^ I'm glad. Maybe we can turn this into a prayer thread. I'm sure we all need as much good will as possible. I certainly do.
by KiBa
Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VG 24/7 interview with Yu

Buy multiple copies of 3. Pester your friends until they get copies too. Give them out as Christmas gifts. Steal from your loved ones if you need the funds. Let's make sure Shenmue IV becomes a reality.
by KidMarine
Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Religion

dbzruler88 wrote: With evidence, faith isn't necessary.

Faith is necessary for every belief.
by Thief
Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Religion

^As an atheist I find your pic and signature cringeworthy.
by Riku Rose
Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where is the Shenmue 3 team ?

90% transparency.

by Kiske
Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV series are you watching?

Fuck Twin Peaks, really 18 1 hour episodes were needed for that ??

I will not say that I did not enjoy some of it quite a bit, but fuck, there's not 18 hours of content there.
by shredingskin
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1 & 2 Pack for PS4 Xbox One Possibly Leaked!!!WT

i don't need a fancy hd remake with super new graphics. i'm fine with 1080p, 16:9 ratio
and japanese voices + english text.
i don't mind the dreamcast/xbox look, i just want both games on ps4 or pc.
come on sega.
by Tosh
Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III teaser is FINALLY HERE!!

Some of the negative reactions were quite overboard.

I alpha tested Kingdom Come: Deliverance and the first thing that was focused on was the city layout/environment, I remember the models being very dull with funky looking hair, really awkward blank expressions and stiff animation which is actually quite common since those models are used as placeholders. Yes, Shenmue III could have had a warning that it was still in development and a work in progress, but I think some people fail to understand what development stage is. I was quite satisfied with the teaser.
by PILMAN
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A Pretty Farfetched Theory

Ever since I beat Shenmue II, I never trusted Yuanda Zhu. First off, he just looks evil. And, if the Chi You Men came all the way to Hong Kong to get him, then used the Yellow Heads to find him, I don't think they would have just let him go after Ren kicked that guy and saved Zhu. It just sounds to me like a trap. Yuanda Zhu then finds out that Ryo has the Phoenix Mirror, because obviously Lan Di didn't know that Ryo had it or else he would have just came down and beat the living crap out of him. Yuanda Zhu just used Ryo to give him information.

Also, if he was just stuffed in some room in the Yellow Head building, how in the world would he have found out that Lan Di was headed to Guilin. Zhu knows he is, but how. Because this is all a plan. Now that Yuanda Zhu knows Ryo has the Phoenix Mirror, he sends him Guilin to meet his doom at the hands of Lan Di. Which is why I think Lan Di is waiting in the cave for you.

And, don't any of you find it strange that Master Chen and Yuanda Zhu stories about the mirrors are so different. Master Chen says the mirrors will ressurrect the Chi Yo monster on earth, while Yuanda Zhu says that they are merely a treasure map. Sounds to me like Zhu is hiding something, because I trust Master Chen a LOT more than Yuanda Zhu. The mirrors just have to be more than a treasure map, because you don't think Lan Di would go through all this trouble just to get rich? No, he has other plans I believe.

So, I think that all those years ago, it wasn't Iwao Hazuki that killed Sunming Zhao, but it was Yuanda Zhu. See, Sunming Zhao is becoming obsessed with the mirrors, he starts to plan them to use for evil. Iwao and Zhu then go to Zhao and demand the mirrors, warning him of their danger. Longsun Zhao watches in horror. But, one of Zhu's followers knocks out Longsun, while Zhu turns on Sunming Zhao and Iwao, because he wants the mirrors for himself. He manages to kill Zhao, but Iwao defeats him and takes the mirrors back to Japan. Yuanda Zhu is beaten and bruised, and he desperately wants the mirrors. He knows he could never defeat Iwao Hazuki, but he looks over at the young Longsun Zhao, and realizes that he could defeat Iwao. So, Zhu trains Longsun, constantly telling him of the cruel murder of his father at the hands of Iwao Hazuki, and also telling him of his need for revenge. When Longsun is old enough he tells him of the mirrors that Iwao stole from Sunming.

When his training is complete, Zhu takes Longsun to a remote mountain chain, (the one Shenhua has a painting of in her house, and she says no one ever returns from there) There, they meet a group of monks where Longsun is taught a powerful martial art no man has ever seen. Then, Longsun leaves, and joins the Chi You Men, eventually rising through the ranks and earning a spot in the Four Leaders, along with Ziming Hong, Niao-sun, and the Ten-Tei. Then, he finds Hazuki and kills him on Nov.29,1986.

But, Zhu is still working with Lan Di, and like Master Li from Jade Empire, he tricks Ryo into trusting him buy writing him a letter warning him of those who seek the mirror. Zhu knew Lan Di was coming for Iwao, so he wrote a letter that he never intended to reach him in time, but rather to get to Ryo, so he would come looking for Zhu. Then, when Ryo finds him, and is sent to Guilin, Zhu thinks his plan has worked to perfection, but he didn't anticipate Shenhua. And, I guess we'll have to wait for Shenmue III to see what happens.
by Mr.Tambourine Man
Thu May 29, 2008 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Militia Marketing/Ensuring Success

Elevensixty wrote: Hundreds/thousands of Shenmue community members go on Pewdiepie's PUBG livestream and donate to have message on-screen/reacted by, and request/beg he plays Shenmue

Vinesauce Joel recently did a series of Shenmue Livestreams and i guess he'll play Shenmue 2 as well, so that'll probably help.
by BlueCreeperBoy12
Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How we could create more interest in Shenmue

"This Japanese teenager witnessed the murder of his own father. What he did next will shock you!"

Run it on Buzzfeed and you'll have instant interest.
by Jibby
Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mario Odyssey

Thinking this looks awesome. I liked the Galaxy games but they were a little to linear and I prefer the hub like worlds of 64 and Sunshine which this seems to be going back to. The only thing that's stopping me getting this is that there are no other games I want on the Switch since I played Zelda and Mario Kart on the WiiU, but this will be one of the first games I get when I do.

https://youtu.be/Wef0OjBuOTc
by Riku Rose
Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mario Odyssey

I now own a Switch.

I'm a weak man.
by Riku Rose
Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shadow of the Colossus

I do consider it to be one of the greatest games ever, personally, mostly for the fact that it's so simple and elegant in its design, yet still manages to be as exciting and beautiful as it is. Few games before it could pull something like that off so effectively, and most games after it still over-complicate things.
Looking at the remake though, it's actually even prettier than I was expecting. Very nice upgrade. We still have yet to see legitimate gameplay, far as I'm aware, so hopefully that's remained relatively untouched. It's strange with videogames sometimes, where the slightest changes can makes something feel totally different. I know they're aiming to make it basically the exact same thing, but the slightest change in physics could make it feel "weird" to old fans, so hopefully that's not the case.
by OL
Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mario Odyssey

^Before Odyssey and Breath of the Wild they had released three 3D Mario games and one Zelda game in the last 10 years on home consoles. People can claim they milk their franchises all they like but between Galaxy and Odyssesy how many Assassin Creed and Call of Duty’s have we had? That’s milking something.

I’ve not been the biggest fan of Nintendo’s output in recent years but even I’ve played plenty of other Nintendo games in that time. If you look at the list of Nintendo games and say there is nothing that interests you then it’s probably your problem not theirs, they cater to enough different markets that 95% of people will find something to like.

To answer Hyo Razuki Nintendo probably cover more genres then any other developer, I can’t think of many genres they don’t cover. To answer the ones you asked:

JRPG’s: Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Pokemon
Fantasy Adventure Game: Zelda.
by Riku Rose
Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #76: Say Hello to the Deep Silver Promotion Team

So does this mean Awesome Japan have been replaced by a more professional team?
by Sh3ppy
Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi

Prepare yourself for disappointment. Anticlimactic conclusions to various plot threads and some really odd story decisions. Got a bit bored halfway through. 2.5/5
by Sokora
Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

IMO, it is a very good film; decent plot, good acting, great action sequences, enjoyable and Daisy Ridley is incredibly sexy.

As a *STAR WARS* film, it is a travesty; FA opened up so many plotlines and made a ton of headway in which direction the series would/could go.

This film slammed the massive door shut on ALL of those plot points, introducing new ones that are confusing and pointless, IMO and while I don't care (really don't), it pissed off a ton of fans who won't go back to the series and Disney will lose out.

Not invested into the series enough or care enough to let it really bother me, but I empathise with the hardcore on this.
by Truck_1_0_1_
Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm going to take the controversial opinion of saying I liked it. :P Though I wish they had left codebreaker quest and Leia flying on the cutting room floor to improve the pacing. I would have liked to have had more Luke/Rey time in its place. I didn't like admiral Holdo. I think Admiral Ackbar should have been the one to sacrifice himself by ramming the ship instead of some frilly pink hair who could have saved a boat load of problems if she merely confided in Poe her plan.

I don't believe Snoke is truly dead. I think he's in the same league as Luke at least and projected himself to Kylo and the others in his thrown room while he was somewhere else to protect his frail body. He can clearly the the Force on others across wide distances so it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

EDIT: Sorry, just dropping spoiler tags in. - OL

I don't think Snoke is dead dead, but his body was physical. We saw it cut to pieces in the room lol. Lukes was just a vision that couldn't be touched. If anything he'll be a force specter or whatever you want to call it like Obi-Wan and Yoda. His death was very anti climatic if you ask me. The battle that followed was pretty cool though.

I can't wait for Abrams to come back and do episode 9. It really sucks in my opinion that he didn't do the whole trilogy. It would have been much better to have one cohesive vision throughout. But oh well.
by Raithos
Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD Fact sheet

d3t. Now I know why the remaster has errors like wrong eye movement and aspect ratio. Somebody needs to reach out them and explain a few things they're doing improperly before the console versions are baked.

I'm pretty much done with your toxicity and constant negative attitude. This is your last..... Last warning. It's not 2012 anymore, and the toxic place this once was, isn't what it's like anymore. Not as long as I own it. Change the attitude or find another site to visit.
by Peter
Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will Lan-Di and Ryo...

I can re-confirm. Unless Yu Suzuki has changed things, we're going to face Lan Di. 8)
by DEVILLE_David
Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue Merch Teased

I would love an affordable figure of Ryo for my nerd shelf. First Four Figures did a great job on theirs, but the cost has sky rocketed to unaffordable.
by Telekill
Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue III pics from THQ Nordic financial presentat

Why can't they just make him look like this? Image
by ShenmueHDYEAH
Tue May 22, 2018 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic