Search found 165 matches

Return

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Two added stretch goals

to emphasize the value for people from Great Britain, $29 digital tier works out £18.57. which is insane good value. if you've already secured physical version on a higher tier, open another account and get digital too. also digital is great as gift for friends and family. you can open an unlimited number of accounts and use the same card on all of them without any problems, i've got 6 accounts and no problems at all so far. well done everyone for making this kickstarter so successfull. that video game record NEEDS TO BE OURS!

Have you done this in the past though? I'm super paranoid about this not working. I've successfully backed with two accounts now, but when it comes to taking payment in two days time the pledges might get declined at that point.

as a precaution put your main 'large pledge' on one card, and all your smaller pledges on another.
contact your bank/credit card company and advise that a number of small payments from a foreign company with coming out on: 18th - or whatever date it is for your region.

i believe that if they are declined, kickstarter has some system for trying again anyway. does anyone know anything about that?

edit ok just found this info;
Depending on your locale, Kickstarter/Amazon/Stripe will take up to 14 days to retry the charge (asking the backer to update their payment information along the way).
by johnvivant
Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Money just been collected!

i just had the money go out from my account.

looks like there was some extra fee's involved which were taken by the bank for making a purchase in a foreign currency.

£1 automatic surcharge per transaction + 3% of whatever the transaction amount is.

a bit annoying - especially the 3% on my highest pledge amount :sad:

glad its been taken though.

i'm from the uk, and used my bank debit card.
anyone else have similar fee's?

Is the fee listed as "FGN PUR FEE 26.48"?

If so that's the fee they added onto my $1500 pledge, which i've just worked out is around 1.76%

yes, it was titled something different at my bank but it must be the equivalent. i probably should have done a little bit more research beforehand, but it doesn't really matter since i have no regrets about the amount i pledged, and would do the same again.
by johnvivant
Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gamespot : Is Shenmue a Good Game? - The Lobby

fat guy in the center is very unlikeable.
by johnvivant
Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

i was just playing lucky hit in shenmue 2 - the one with the move scroll prize on dragon street - and my marble actually got stuck between some of the nails!

the owner says something like ' oh dear, this board is very old, that one doesn't count' and it gives you another go.

i must have played thousands of games of lucky hit and this has never happened to me before.
by johnvivant
Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Money just been collected!

i just had the money go out from my account.

looks like there was some extra fee's involved which were taken by the bank for making a purchase in a foreign currency.

£1 automatic surcharge per transaction + 3% of whatever the transaction amount is.

a bit annoying - especially the 3% on my highest pledge amount :sad:

glad its been taken though.

i'm from the uk, and used my bank debit card.
anyone else have similar fee's?
by johnvivant
Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Technique Scroll system

Not Baihu, I think it was when you had to learn a move.

if you have 'machine gun fist' equipped during the fight then Ryo will use that move to finish off Baihu after you do the Pause QTE, otherwise he uses the other default move. i can't remember what its called though.

edit
just found this video where the guy does all the possible finishers on baihu
https://youtu.be/T81xPouJmIA?t=2m9s
by johnvivant
Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki's Twitter: 29/7 SIII Kick-off Meeting/Dinner

even if he has secured sufficient funds for the open world gameplay, i still think there should be at least a 6 month paypal campaign for people who missed out on the KS, and it also offers another opportunity to acquire those left over rewards. the extra funds can't possibly hurt. he might even reveal what the stretch goals are beyond 11 million.
by johnvivant
Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki's Twitter: 29/7 SIII Kick-off Meeting/Dinner

those 'controversies' were completely irrational. when you pledge you actually get stuff (rewards) in return, so you are basically buying a product. its no more a scam than buying your shopping at the supermarket.

if they were asking for money to save shenmue without offering anything in return and they were secretly withholding the fact that they didn't actually need the money - THEN it would be a scam.
its as far from that as it could possibly be.
by johnvivant
Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Making Sense of Shenmue 3"

ok, so from what i can understand the actual 'controversy' was that certain 'idealists' dislike any project being on kickstarter that has an outside funding link with a big publisher - this goes against their 'ideals' of what kickstarter SHOULD be.

these idealist have a resentment against 'evil big publishers'. They want kickstarter to prove that games can be completely developed without any help from the big publishers - they have a kind of 'stick it to the man' philosophy.

What a stupid reason to try and sabotage the success of a much loved and desired project.

kickstarter is meant to 'kickstart' a project (not necessarily to completely fund it) and shenmue 3 was a very unlikely project that was a made a reality ONLY because of kickstarter.

shenmue 3 SHOULD be the finest jewel in the kickstarter crown but these weird idealists let their resentments of big publishers get in the way of their reasonable thought processes.

this is the biggest NON-controversy of all time.

it finally took this video to explain it , because all the previous articles by people promulgating the whole 'controversy' and 'scam' meme could not even coherently explain what it was that they found objectionable. turns out it was a bad and stupid reason.
by johnvivant
Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: My new video of Shenmue Fan made, Check it out!!

wow, its getting there!

the tiger patch on the back needs to be little smaller.
the jeans around the buttocks are a little too loose, Ryo wears them tight!

are these animations taken from dead or alive?

can you create a really nice walking animation and put this model into unreal 4 ? (if its not already running in unreal).
i'd love to see him walking around nocon kid's HD locations or in the fields of the unreal 4 kite demo.

great work.
by johnvivant
Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So what happens as you train up your moves? Increased power and/or speed?

yes

in shenmue 1 training moves increases their damage, and when they reach 'moderate' level evolves the form ( some moves but not all) making them faster to perform.

in shenmue 2 training moves just increases their damage output.
by johnvivant
Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Secrets and Easter Eggs

I never got into Lucky Hit much. I worked at them a few times before I found out about gambling at the $500 Big Or Small tables, but never played much. Is it worth it to play the $500 Lucky Hit board, to make a lot of money?

by far the easiest was to make money is to go to the 'Old Government Office Site' in kowloon which is down the steps just beyond 'three birds building'

there is a guy just to your right as you enter running a game of 'big and small/wai sik' max bet $1000

just keep betting $1000 and selecting 'wai sik'. keep restarting the console if you lose
to soft reset:
xbox - hold start and back together
dreamcast hold x,y,b,a and start together

i've made $100's of thousands doing this repeatedly. its a good way of gaining the money to buy the slot house tokens and get the certificates.
by johnvivant
Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: #SaveShenmueHD Tweetathon

bump

don't forget about about this tweetathon tomorrow people.

if you want want Team Yu to autotweet on your behalf then you'll need to 'sign in with twitter' at the bottom of page of the following link.

http://teamyu.net/Shenmue.III?action=saveshenmuehd

if you haven't done so already you'll need to activate your autotweet.

then go back to the above link and at the bottom of the page there should be a text box that says;
'I hope SEGA releases Shenmue 1 & 2 on modern systems before Shenmue 3 comes out.'

you can edit the tweet if you like. then you just need to click 'save' which is right next to it. And thats it!
by johnvivant
Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Almost very nearly maxed out Stab Armour, is there any notification or anything when you completely max out a move? Where are the VIrtual On toys? I got a few in those $25 boxes.

there is no on screen notification but when you look through your move list the text colour of the move is different (i think)

virtua on machines
- there is one hidden away down the side of a building in wise man quarter - go to where all the pawn shops are located in wise man quarter - there are some stairs and a ramp next to each other. at the bottom of the ramp/stairs go around it to an alley which goes around the side of the building. the machine is at the end.

-there is a also one on the 1st floor of thousand white building (kowloon) - near the knife shops and kung fu move shops - by the stairs.
- there is also one hidden away in the 'Electronics Emporium' in the lucky charm quarter. the shop is to the left as you go down the stairs from wise mens quarter.
by johnvivant
Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki : a new interview about Shenmue III incoming !

maybe someone can start a new topic for a discussion about the pros and cons of the voice acting, there is no point cluttering up David's Yu Suzuki questions thread with it. and just for the record i enjoy the english dub very much - especially Corey Marshal's performance - but i would still like the option of being able to mix the dub and subtitles for a different experience as well my japanese language practice.

So david make it clear to Yu that there are fans of both dubs, but many fans would like the option to mix and match subtitles and dub - even to extent of allowing english dub and japanese subs, ala US Shenmue.

If this is possible and not too difficult to implement then fans would like this option.
by johnvivant
Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have thought of yet more questions :D :

-Do you plan to release any game-play footage of the ‘The Old Man and The Peach Tree’ prototype? Its an important and fascinating part of Shenmue history and fans are curious to see what it looked like.

-Do you plan to release any more of the CG video sequences from Project Berkeley or any more in-game footage of the Saturn version of Shenmue. Again I emphasize that there is a huge interest and curiosity among fans to see versions of Shenmue in its earliest forms.

-Unfortunately a high quality video of the ‘Shenmue Premier’ event has never been released. Would it be possible to make this available to the fans at some point?

-You have said in the past that many of your ideas come to you through dreams. You have a notebook by your bed to record those ideas. Can you recount any of the ideas specifically relating to Shenmue that came to you through a dream?
-Did the idea for a magical ‘Spirit tree’ come to you through a dream?

-Some fans have speculated that in the creation of Shenmue you were influenced by Chinese Wuxia stories and the art and literary genre called ‘Magic Realism’. Are these accurate observations? Can you speak about your influences in the creation of the Shenmue story?

-Do you plan to create new version of ‘Shenmue Passport’ for Shenmue 3? Will this include online features like leader boards, detailed game-play stats, online capsule toy trading, gameplay guide, detailed character profiles ect.

-Will it be possible to have an online Player vs Player (PvP) competitive mode for the mini and betting games like lucky hit?

- Will winning cans be returning? And will it be possible to trade them in at a store rather than having the capsule toy appear out of thin air like it does in Shenmue 2?

-Do you plan to create a ‘Making of Shenmue 3’ featurette to be included with Shenmue 3 or available elsewhere?

- In Shenmue 3 will the NPCs in the villages have their own daily schedules of behaviour with a similar - if not greater - level of complexity as Shenmue 1?

-In Shenmue 3 will all NPCs be fully voiced?
by johnvivant
Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Duck racing help

i usually skip until about the 25th or 26th of Feb. that should give you plenty of time to win her affection by the 3rd.

one trick to easily getting Fangmei's affections rather than speaking to her each day is to lose the Man Mo park fight (triggered by using chawan sign at man mo bistro). the following day she will automatically start calling you Ryo. otherwise you'll need to get about 12 successful responses to her questions, which might take 3 to 5 days.
by johnvivant
Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

- There is a old screen-shot of a scene where Ryo is giving Xiaoqin (the little girl from 'Sunny Capital Pharmacy' in Shenmue 2) a ride on the back of a bicycle. Can you explain what was happening in this scene and why it never appeared in the final game?

- In South Carmain Qr. of Shenmue 2 there is a mysterious dead end alley just to the right of Sunny Capital Pharmacy. This alley has always intrigued fans. Some have speculated that this might have been the location for the removed 'Man Mo Travel Company' or a through road to a completely new location. There is also some evidence that Sunny Capital Pharmacy was originally located there. Can you provide any information about this alley?

-Are you aware of any secrets or easter eggs in the original games that still have not been discovered by fans?

- Can you give us any information about the village of martial artists that was completely removed from Shenmue 2? Was this a village in Guilin?
by johnvivant
Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South Carmain Qr. - Mysterious Dead End

Hey Kiyuu, the image links seem to have died, is there any chance you could re-post them? i would like to see them again.
i could only find 2 images in the dojo gallery, but it seems that you might have posted more that aren't there.
thank you.
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_no29_pic_02.jpg
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_no29_pic_01.jpg
by johnvivant
Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

-In Shenmue 3 and beyond, will the player's choices have a larger impact on the outcome of the overall story?
-Why did you call the fictional tree 'Sedge' 莎, when the tree in no ways resembles the Sedge plant in either its foliage or flower?
by johnvivant
Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

- Why did you decide to reveal Niao Sun well in advance of the release of Shenmue 1 when she doesn’t actually appear in either of the first two games? Were there ever any plans to have her appear in Shenmue 1 or 2 in some way?
by johnvivant
Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hope you do become community manager David, I can't imagine anyone else being better suited for the task - you know the 3 most relevant languages and you are a dedicated mega fan. Good Luck!

here are some questions for Yu - i might add more to it later:

-In Shenmue 3 will we still be able to open cupboards and looks through draws?

-In Shennmue 3 will be still be able to pick up many objects and examine them, even if those objects aren’t directly related to the story or quest - like in the previous games?

-Will Shenmue 3 have a proper Virtua Fighter style free-battle system?

-Can you incorporate the Virtua fighter 5 fighting engine and/or animations into Shenmue 3 to save costs?

-Could you clarify your comments about the size of each of the villages. You made a comparison between the size of Dobuita in Shenmue 1 to the size of the locations in Shenmue 3. Will each village have at least the scale and depth of Dobuita from Shenmue 1?
-How big is Choubu by comparison with Dobuita from Shenmue 1?

-Does the rapport system imply that the overall plot-line will vary based the players actions? or will the overall plot-line remain the same regardless? For example will having a bad relationship with one of the characters make them turn against you, or remove them for the rest of the story completely?

-Will Shenhua be a regular companion throughout the whole Shenmue 3? i.e. will she actually be walking around with us like in disc 4 of Shenmue 2. And will her company be optional for the player?

-Can you give us any information about how magic is going to be implemented in the future games?
-Can you give us any information about Shenhua’s magical abilities?
-Is Shenhua a reincarnated personality?
-Is Ryo a reincarnated personality?

-Was the Shenmue Online CG movie that depicted Shenhua summoning a Phoenix and battling a huge Dragon (seemingly being controlled by Lan Di) a canonical event to the main series?

-In Shenmue 3 will you be including an option for the player to choose which language dub and subtitle options they prefer?

-If Sega does release HD remastered ports of Shenmue 1+2 will the save transfer system be compatible with Shenmue 3?

-At the end of the Shenmue saga will the player be able to choose which girl Ryo ends up with? :heart: ;-)

Bonus question:
-Any information on Virtua Fighter 6?
by johnvivant
Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i thought of some more questions:

-Will the backer exclusive ‘calling card DLC’ involve multiple conversations with the characters from the previous games (especially Nozomi) rather than just one conversation?
-During these 'calling card' conversations will Ryo be mentioning any of the events occurring in Shenmue 3?

-Can you confirm whether or not the majority of Sega IP capsule toys from the previous games will be returning in Shenmue 3?

-In Shenmue 3 will each area, shop and building have its own musical theme like in the previous games?

-In Shenmue 3 will there be a cut-scene during the 7pm night time transitions like in the previous games?

-In Shenmue 3 will there be loading screens between areas and also upon entering a building like in the previous games?

-Whats happening with the paypal campaign? (If its not already active by the the time of the interview)

-In Shenmue 3 will Ryo still generally have an 11:00pm curfew?

-In Shenmue 3 will fans be able - for the first time - to see directly the rising and setting of the sun in the Shenmue universe?
by johnvivant
Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

- Can we expect the new Shenmue merchandise before and after the launch of Shenmue 3? I hope the success of the Kickstarter rewards in enough to show the community's desire for more Shenmue related merchandise.

- Are you planning to secure product licensing from Coca-cola and Timex again? Many fans really appreciate these brands association with Shenmue.

Light-hearted question; 8)
- During and after the Kickstarter campaign many fans have noticed that in the majority of videos and photos in which you appear, you are wearing a white and navy-blue striped t-shirt. Fans have jokingly suggested that this is your lucky ‘Shenmue sailors’ t-shirt. Other suggestions include various speculations regarding your possible wash day schedules, or your preference for buying identical shirts in bulk. Do you care to comment? The Shenmue community awaits with bated breath! :D

(@David - i just thought it would be funny for Suzuki (and us) to hear that fans were talking about his t-shirt. if it sounds too rude or inappropriate then don't bother with it. most of the questions are serious so i thought a light-hearted one would add more variety)
by johnvivant
Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is that Fire symbol in the moves list?

Mr357 wrote: Are both of those moves one-hit KO's?

Yep, it denotes that the move kills lower level enemies instantly. The move also has a chance to do critical damage to higher level enemies.
by johnvivant
Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

-If Sega decides to develop HD ports of the first 2 games would it be possible to reinstate some of the content that had to be removed from the original games due to the memory/media capacity limitations of the time? In the past you have said that there exists a fully developed scenario involving the boat journey to Hong Kong but you regretfully had to remove it due to the data capacity limitations of the time. So would it be possible to reinstate this and other content for a HD port?

-In an old interview you said that a 'whole lot of extra content' was added to Shenmue 2 towards the end of production. Can you tell us what this extra content was? Did it happen to be the Guilin chapter? If so could you give us your reasons for ending Shenmue 2 at this particular point, and in this particular way?
by johnvivant
Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dorimaga 2001 Interview w/ Yu Suzuki & others

i wouldn't mind betting that the 'whole lot of extra content' that was added 'right at the end of development' was the Guilin chapter. I'm just speculating here, but i think that Suzuki suspected that if he concluded shenmue 2 with the roof top fight there wouldn't be as strong demand for the sequel than if he extended it to the Guilin cliff hanger ending.
he must have been fully aware of the precarious nature of getting the go ahead from sega for a 3rd game, and a huge cliff hanger ending was bound to create huge anticipation for the sequel. it maybe tormenting for the fans doing it this way especially if shen 3 never happened but an ingenious move for ensuring fan demand and loyalty.
by johnvivant
Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

super looking forward to this. i really hope all the content stays in there, the only exception being the trivia game.
phpBB [video]
by johnvivant
Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

Fenix wrote: A render I made a few days ago. Not at the same level at the ones of Esppiral but it still nice:

lol Ryo putting on his friendly marketing expression.
by johnvivant
Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: People should lie to you

just ignoring you is the more common response from strangers, since why would they care about helping you? to lie implies they have some sort of interest, motive, or sadistic pleasure in seeing you fail.

npcs making genuine mistakes would be more interesting.

charlie lies in that he fails to keep his promise of meeting you outside the Yu arcade.

i think i know what you mean though. there should be more regular npcs which are also your enemies, not just thugs in battle but also surprise enemies who give false information, and later you find out their motives.
by johnvivant
Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When Suzuki talked about 16 chapters

so in order from the earliest design:

- 16 chapters - in one whole game - saturn prototype - (probably not openworld)
then
- 16 chapters over 3 games - with 5/6 chapters per game. (beginning of openworld concept)
then
- reduced to 11 chapters - (still 3 games) (speculation - this is the Lan Di revenge arc) - chapters 11-16 are 'Ryo's new challenge' - maybe searching for Tentei?)
then
- development moves to dreamcast - (11 chapters - now Suzuki ideally want 5+ games each with the new intensive open world ambition)
shenmue 1 intended to be chapters 1 and 2 together (of concept sketches ) but open world turns out much richer than originally planned - chapter 1 becomes just one game - 'shenmue 1: yokosuka' then released.
then
- shenmue 2 is chapter 2 (of concept sketches) - but now split into 2 chapters (3 - Wanchai, 4 - kowloon) - then Suzuki makes the decision to include chapter 5 (of concept sketches) 'meeting shenhua in guilin' towards the end of shenmue 2 development - so he skips chapter 3 and 4 completely (of concept sketches)

then
- shenmue 3 - chapters 6 +7?
then
shenmue 4 - 8+9?
then
shenmue 5 - 10+11?

suzuki creates new chapter order as follows (The Lan Di revenge arc):

1 - Yokosuka (shenmue 1)
2. Boat (cut) (originally intended shenmue 2)
3. Aberdeen/Wan chai (hong kong) (shenmue 2)
4. Kowloon (hong kong) (shenmue 2)
5. Guilin - Bailu (shenmue 2)
6 Bailu, Choubu, (shenmue 3)
7 Baisha? (shenmue 3)
8 ? (shenmue 4)
9 ? (shenmue 4)
10 ? (shenmue 5)
11? (shenmue 5)

12-16 - Ryo's fresh start or new challenge. (shenmue 6 onwards)

maybe?
by johnvivant
Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Making of Shenmue

-yu suzuki is a smoker 28:12
-quest directional indicator and run prompt 22:15

15:50 young Kenji Miyawaki
45:05 early guilin running qte, leaves blowing in the wind, woods more dense, lower canopy,
45:58 Suzuki evil stare
46:07 low poly beta shenhua model in the opening narration

microsoft general manager Ed Fries looked at the game? 51:00

curious as to what Suzuki says about final fantasy 8 and the ps2. i remember he said something about the texture resolution limitations of ps2 in an early interview.

can't wait for translation. looks like a whole lot of amazing info on the way. sound chip stuff looks super interesting.
by johnvivant
Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

shenmue legacy just tweeted this hilarious video of a player doing some amazing wall bouncing combos. enjoy.

phpBB [video]
by johnvivant
Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A new book about Yu Suzuki

@ Benjamin Berget
will you be posting up any excerpts from the book in English, or do we have to wait until the English version next year?
it would be nice to have a taste of the book before purchase. thanks
by johnvivant
Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When Sega inevitably announces the HD remasters...

imo the first 2 shenmue games have aged a lot better than a game like FF7, and look at how many times that thing has been re-released.

the only things to consider changing imo would be to add better controls for analogue sticks and give the option to wait/speed up time at certain events in the first game. other than that they should give it the regular hd re-mastering treatment 1080p60, uncompressed sound, uncompressed textures, better skybox, and leave everything else the same.
by johnvivant
Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Niao Sun's persona

one of the little appreciated advantages of having the 16 year gap between shenmue 2 and 3 will be that Niao Sun can now benefit from the technical advances in breast physics. ;-) :heart:

since they describe her as cruel and she enjoys inflicting pain on others i assume there won't be any redemption for this character, but obviously thats just a guess. i think that Ziming and Ren are the characters reserved for redemption.

she might be so bad that she could be one of the few adversaries that can actually be killed upon her defeat, like Ryo elbow assaulting her off a cliff or something. again just a guess.
by johnvivant
Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

^^brill stuff,

Ryo would feel right at home at Cafe 80's and chugging down one of those 'Pepsi Perfect'

by johnvivant
Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: It's shocking how many people don't know you can fight..

gameplay myth creation is so 2003.

willing to eat several hats if anyone finds this.

@shengoro - agree, great idea for a mod though.
by johnvivant
Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Would you mind if other English voice actors don't retur

just found some info on the Nozomi voice actress Ruth Hollyman. It seems she may be Scottish or at least that is where she lives and is most active;
http://statici.behindthevoiceactors.com/behindthevoiceactors/_img/actors/actor_13836.jpg
http://www.strangetown.org.uk/resources/_wsb_168x253_StrangeTown+Hollyman$2C+Ruth.jpeg

Ruth is an Edinburgh based director, arts manager and writer who has been working with children and young people in a theatre setting for 24 years, primarily in Scotland. She co-founded Strange Town with Steve Small in 2008 and has managed the company with Steve since then. As well as sharing responsibility for the artistic and business management of Strange Town, she directs regular productions of new writing with one of the seven youth theatre groups and also set up and runs the Strange Town Young Actors’ agency.

Graduating with a BA in Drama & Theatre Arts from Birmingham University, she moved from Birmingham to Edinburgh in 1992 with her own small scale theatre company which performed new plays and ran Theatre-in-Education projects. She was part of the marketing department in the opening team at Edinburgh Festival Theatre in 1995, where she established the theatre’s education programme for schools. From here she moved to Tokyo where she lived from 1996-2000 and set up a children’s theatre company, worked in television and also in the voiceover industry.

On her return to Scotland in 2000, she worked as a freelance director and drama worker with the Lyceum Youth Theatre, macRobert Arts Centre, North Edinburgh Arts Centre, Scottish Youth Theatre, Perth Theatre, Stirling Youth Theatre, Borderline Youth Theatre, and Dundee Rep.

http://www.strangetown.org.uk/about.html
http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Ruth-Hollyman/

i wonder if she would be willing to reprise her role? looks like she is still involved with acting, but maybe not voice work.

looks like there is a contact form, if Ys net is interested!
http://www.strangetown.org.uk/contact.html

twitter for her organisation;
https://twitter.com/infoStrangeTown

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJuePLYXAAEUHXK.jpg
by johnvivant
Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dual Shockers Yu Suzuki Interview

GYO6161 wrote: They talked about framerate but i was wondering what resolution SIII is gonna run at? 1080p? 900p? 720p? 480p? (lol)

if he's targeting 30fps one would hope that its going to be 1080p, but again, its probably way too early to guarantee anything.
by johnvivant
Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 is 10% complete!

i still get moments of joy and excitement when i suddenly realize that this is happening, and that i WILL play this game. looking forward to the next update.
by johnvivant
Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 can't promise 60fps but can promise sexy girls

Team Yu and Sega Nerds have just released the definitive article responding to the fabricated controversy about Shenmue 3's crowd-funding campaign, and explaining the whole situation in regards to the faux outrage, click baiting, provocateur whores, and pseudo journalists.

its clear, eloquent and really nails it! its the article to share in case you need to correct naysayers in the future. Thanks Team Yu!

http://www.seganerds.com/2015/10/26/exclusive-teamyus-founder-discusses-shenmue-iiis-funding-misconceptions-saveshenmuehd-and-more/
by johnvivant
Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How important are the graphics to you?

i'm pretty impressed with the graphics so far considering its only been in full production for 3 months.
there so much time left in development that i'm sure many things with improve in regards to the 'world feel' and lighting.
by johnvivant
Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: La Odisea de Shenmue, a Spanish book about the saga

great interview. looking forward to the english version of the book.
by johnvivant
Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic