Search found 393 matches

Return

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Should of warned about that mad image near the end but ah well. Welcome back Law, and yes it was extremely accurate but the thing is people in the west have the choice to believe/follow the propaganda or not. North Koreans aren't fortunate enough to have that choice.

Well, we theoretically have the choice not to follow it, anyway. it often comes down to whether your educated enough and have the knowledge to be able to defend yourself from the messages and bullshit that the media bombard us with day and night. That's why I think having a class on understanding these messages and the ways in which the media try and manipulate us, should be an essential part of the school curriculum. I don't agree with the "national curriculum", but if we're going to have one, this should absolutely be part of it.

I do agree though, it's still a damn sight better than what North Koreans are forced to swallow.
by mue 26
Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jeremy Irons on Gay marriage

Skipping all the incest/bestiality stuff in this thread, I still just don't really get all the fuss over gay marriage myself. If you've already got all the same legal benefits through a civil partnership, what are you really still arguing for? It's just for the title obviously, for the perceived superior social status a married couple have over a civil-partnered (?) couple. But I just don't understand why gay people want to force themselves into a framework that has rejected them for so long. Why not create a new framework? If people respect you less because your civil partners and not married, rather than run off and get married in response, isn't it better to work on entirely breaking the perception that marriage is a superior form of union?

I say let the silly narrow minded religions have their ceremonies, and if these archaic systems choose to outright completely reject and demonise you for centuries, than fuck them, why would you even want to have anything to do with them? I just don't see it as a genuinely worthwhile pursuit.
by mue 26
Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Bioshock thread

Right, just finished Infinite, I loved it. I thought the narrative was great, and that everything was handled fairly well, the end sequence in particular I found to be quite impactful. Though I can also understand that its not to some's taste. It basically comes down to the fact that some will just think parallel universe gibberish, meh while others like myself will appreciate such twists and turns. I can't say it's all incredibly original, but I do genuinely think it was handled very well, and I was kind of gob smacked at the ending (in a good way). It's a unusually ambitious narrative for a AAA title for sure. Though, if you miss out on many of the audio recordings tucked away in all the nooks and crannys of the game, it can really detract from one's understanding of the game's world and events that transpire. So exploring and finding as many of them as possible is pretty essential, in my opinion.

I really enjoyed the combat, I know some like to bash it, but I've had as much fun with the combat in this game than I have had with any FPS. The combination of options at your disposal can make things pretty interesting, and some of the best set pieces let you zip around the skylines like a nutter.

Visually, this game is a class all of it's own. I honestly think this is the most visually impressive game I've ever played. It's just so consistently impressive. Coming from a game like MGS Revengence that's chock full of wholly uninspired gray/brown charmless environments (that are admittedly choppable) to Bioshock infinite, is like a slap in the face. They have some very talented artists working at Irrational that's for sure. The amount of detail and incidental touches is ridiculous.

But that last line can said about the game as a whole, the amount of subtle detail packed into this game is quite breathtaking.
by mue 26
Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

Love this song. One of the main reasons I loved Stillmatic (the other reason being What Goes Around!).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH847J8htcI[/youtube]
by mue 26
Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Maggie Thatcher dies

I don't read The Sun and I'm certainly not right-wing but I'm sure you can appreciate my wish to pay my respects to a deceased old woman that did a lot for our country.

I have received iobseeker's allowance for a maximum of two months ever since I was 18. If I can find work regularly then why do others struggle? I'm not choosy about where I'll work if it's an absolute necessity. I'm sick to death of hearing about those with such insane degrees of self-entitlement. I read a story in the paper a few months back about some guy with a heart defect that refused a transplant because he didn't want to go back to work in the event of recovery and would prefer to laze about on benefits. What kind of person would choose a lazy lifestyle which would result in death over being healthy and living? This is the kind of world we live in nowadays. It's madness.

Well whatever Newspapers you read aren't much better than the Sun (not that I like any newspaper very much, of course). Do you know why you read stories like the one you described, in newspapers? It's not because people like that man with the heart defect are in any way a majority or even a large proportion of people recieving benefits. people like that man are actually a vast minority of what people receiving benefits are like. The reason why you are always reading such stories is because the people with power (politicians, people who run the media, ect, ect) what to hold onto that power, and so they want to divert attention away from all the tax payers money they are stealing, and instead get people like you raging at people on benefits, and turn the working class (the powerless) against one another while the people at the top with power get away with the worst of crimes. Stop being so easily manipulated.
by mue 26
Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This just blows my mind

As much as it did look great for a Saturn game, I just pray thanks to the gaming gods that development was shifted over to the DC, to be honest.
by mue 26
Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Korea clears military attack against the US.

If war does break out, can we stick Jeff on the front line?
by mue 26
Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why do Korean women want to look like Space Aliens?

Everyone wants what they don't have.
by mue 26
Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hip Hop

i do like hip hop but i'm pretty ignorant of it...

It's never too late to get into it a bit, it just means you have REAMS and reams of amazing stuff to listen to that will be new to you. Although that can put some people who are new to the music off it quite easily, especially as there is also a ton or crap hip hop that needs to be filtered out too.

You like some De la, right? So I'd say the most obvious album to get you onto next would probably be Low End Theory by A Tribe Called Quest, if you haven't already checked that. It's a bonafide classic and always seems to go down well with most people just getting into the music.

Another album I often recommend as an intro to Hip Hop is Illmatic by Nas. The lyrical content is different from stuff like Tribe and De La as it's more "hardcore" or whatever, but the main reason I recommend Illmatic is because of the beats. you have a load of the best producers on that album, so it makes it a perfect springboard. For example you have some DJ Premier and so can go on to Gang Starr albums like Daily Operation or Hard to Earn, you have Q tip on there too and so can go on to some of the ATCQ stuff I mentioned earlier, there Pete Rock on there too, so you can get into Mecca and the Soul Brother from there, or you might try Breaking Atoms (which I think you might like beeds) from the Large Pro connection. And after all that you also might want to move onto some darker Boombap like Wu Tang or Boot Camp Clik or whatever. So it's like the key link into all different strains of brilliant 90's east coast Hip Hop. And if your feeling like a bit of old school flavour you can check out some classic Cold Chillin stuff from Juice Crew, G Rap, Masta Ace and so on.

Of course there's a chance you might not into any of that stuff and might prefer to jump into some more recent whimsical kind of stuff from the likes of Doom, Quisimoto or Edan or whatever. But that stuff can also really put off new comers, and chances are you'll find something you love in that first paragraph. Or you might also like checking out some of the more funky alternative types hip hop from the 90's like Pharcyde and stuff, actually I think you'd really like Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde, beeds.

I just mostly listen to old Jazz, like John Coltrane, Miles Davis, etc.

I love Jazz too. But that's the great thing, much like how an album can be a springboard to different albums and artists of the same genre (in the way I've described to beeds), Hip Hop can also work as a springboard into other genres. I actually initially got into Jazz from hip hop when I was about 12 years old, and then I got into soul music and so on.

Hip-Hop is Dead indeed

Nonsense. There might be more rubbish to filter out, and less variety in the mainstream but hip hop never died. Your just like many a generation of Hip Hop fan who grow to see their favourite rappers fall off and become irrelevant (hip hop artists tend to have some of the shortest shelf lives of musicians, unfortunately) and decide that the music died and stop listening or just listen to the stuff they grew up with. But you just gotta keep it moving man.
by mue 26
Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega summer 2013 game tease

Gotta be Shenmue 3.
by mue 26
Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can anything shock us any more?

I know I can be shocked. But that's probably because I go out of my way not to see any of that "shocking stuff on the internet" stuff.
by mue 26
Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO77uMbIgc4[/youtube]

This is my shit!! Man this track is banging.
by mue 26
Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do you even shave bro?

I still can't comprehend self respecting men shaving their nether region. The bush is hot, ladies love it. You just look like some pre pubescent man child if you go for the clean shave down there. Get outta here with that.
by mue 26
Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reality must be a foreign concept to you, the news over the last 10+ years should have filled you in.
faux news or cnn?

C'mon now, don't insult Jeff's gangsta like that; obviously Fox!

Reality must be a foreign concept to you, the news over the last 10+ years should have filled you in. And if you think that calling me a racist or threats of banning phases me you clearly don't know who I am or familiar with Dojo history.

Err that's great and all, but seriously can you not spout bigoted bollocks. I really don't care who are or what your dojo history is, but no one here should be allowed to throw around racial slurs and generalisations, your not an exception just because people have come to expect idiocy from you.
by mue 26
Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

haha, really, what was the racial slur I used? Oh, here is my answer to back up my statement.

American Deaths in Iraq
Since war began (3/19/03): 4488
Since "Mission Accomplished" (5/1/03) (the list) 4347

Since Handover (6/29/04): 3627
Since Obama Inauguration (1/20/09): 256
Since Operation New Dawn: 66
American Wounded: 32021

American Deaths in Afganistan

2001 12
2002 49
2003 48
2004 52
2005 99
2006 98
2007 117
2008 155
2009 317
2010 499
2011 418
2012 310
2013 26

This man worked in the same industry I do and lived in the same neighborhood I do now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvh2_pu0I6Q

All acts done by savages. Any questions?

Yes, one: What the hell is meant to prove to me? You mentalist.

I'm not really trying to make a big deal at all, but you were obviously inferring (well you just flat out said it) that people in the middle east are savages, meanwhile the people of Korea aren't and can provide America with trade deals and the like. Yep that is bigoted nonsense. Have you ever thought that maybe there's a member on this forum from the middle east?
by mue 26
Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone that watches Deal or No Deal is a cunt. Especially if they say "ooh they're gonna do well because they've got a good gameplan". Gameplan? Wat?

But why would someone who doesn't watch Deal or No Deal be compelled to post such a remark in Random Thoughts :-k *suspicious that you are one those "cunts"*
by mue 26
Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^Someone actually played me that 6 foot 7 song as an example of lil Wayne doing a decent job. I would've agreed on that occasion, except it's his voice that makes him un-listenable. I wish I could listen to him, but I cant, it actually hurts my ear drums. It's like Guru said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD8hhNtxPgs
by mue 26
Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNPW3LUX9RI[/youtube]
by mue 26
Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - 10th Anniversary Video & Members Gall

Is that Suda 51? Looks a bit like him, and after a quick google search it seems like he does indeed like doing the gun with fingers thing:

http://i.imgur.com/M6wf0st.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/da6YNXD.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZfnXPPR.jpg

At first I though he was maybe just trying to replace the "cool v sign" with harder more gangsta posturing, but I actually just think it's some serious pathological disorder and he's not able to actually move his fingers out of that posture. I love the way the first pic at the top is like a typical kind of picture for a dating website or something like "hi my name is Suda, I'm 37, I like to take walks on beaches, oh and don't mind the gun fingers, I can't stop doing that". Clearly it's so serious that he's not even able to break out of it when he needs to use the bog, to the extent that the poor guy can't even take down his pants, since he lacks the opposable use of thumbs :(

Seriously though, cool pic Segata. Also, who's the hottie in the pic? The one with the long flowing hair, and the sparkling yellow eyes,a and the rugged eyebrows?
by mue 26
Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bombs in Boston

I have no problem at all with people expressing alternative viewpoints in this thread, but I can only laugh out loud at the fact that qwertys troll job is actually working :lol: The man has gone from being a bleed blue Thatcherite who drinks down Daily Mail stories, to an Alex Jones masturbating "truth seeker" in the blink of an eye. Next he'll be taking my job and professing Homeopathy works...

Please do carry on though.
by mue 26
Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

didn't i just a post a track by Killer Mike, Bun B and TI in the post above yours? Maybe it's not crunk enough for you? I like some down south rap, but yeah not so much the crunk type stuff, still feel free to post some stuff if you feel like it, more variety is always good. To add a bit of variety myself, here's a classic London "posse" cut hehehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ahFJmFcY98

Oh and De la great as always

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uAAmrFM-Rs
by mue 26
Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

^Sounds good! Glad to hear your mum's doing well.
by mue 26
Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Beedle teaches us things

Beeds, what is a Japanese bukkake?
by mue 26
Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Look what is for sale on ebay! ryo watch.

$160 for that piece of shit? Get out of here wid dat bullshit man :lol:
by mue 26
Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Look what is for sale on ebay! ryo watch.

Yeah there's literally a thousand of those fucking things :lol:

Why would anyone pay that price for that, when they can put that money towards the new statue?
by mue 26
Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Ryo Hazuki Teaser - Preorders open on April 30th

You gotta love how RyoHazuki86 is determined to pimp his ebay tat on this forum, no matter how many times he gets told to stop :lol: I also like the way you've misleadingly listed your Timex watch as if it were the official Shenmue branded one :lol:
by mue 26
Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Beedle teaches us things

The anticipation for illumination from beeds is reaching a crescendo! Also someone call Joe Pesci, he'd never forgive himself if he missed out on what's to come. Our minds will be fucked in the best way.
by mue 26
Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^
You don't use umbrella's? So do you rely solely on hoods? A sound strategy if they are waterproof I guess.

I got the hospital job mate, but then after i broke my foot and i took a week off (and not 6 as reccomended by the doctor) they just fired me. Joke to be honest, but if i can land aother job i wont mind. I just need to secure income thats all.

That is absolutely awful of them. I really feel for you, but since you already landed one job, you now know you can do it again!
by mue 26
Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That Apollo Brown Remix of Ghostface's new joint dropped: http://soultemplemusic.bandcamp.com/album/twelve-reasons-to-die-the-brown-tape

So much sicker than the original version. I really didn't get on with the original too much, I'm not feeling that type of instrumentation modern day Wu seem to gravitate towards. But man, this Apollo Brown version is how it was supposed to sound, he just get's it. It's a shame Rza, who used to be the king of this type of beat making, doesn't seem to wanna do it like this anymore, but at least we've got worthy guys like Brown nailing it. Unfortunately, despite the beats being absolutely banging in this version, I can't lie and say this is vintage Ghost, he's just not as wild eyed as he used to be busting those crazy like non sequiturs in a high pitched hurry. Still, when paired with these beats there's still enough flyness here, Ghost is still that dude who wears "Wallo's made of lionskin" :lol:
by mue 26
Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TEEPO™ wrote:~ Removed due to breach of TOS ~

BAN

Your posts aren't so bad aside from all this desperate attention seeking incest fiction you seem intent on bombarding us with. No one wants to see that bullshit, so why do you bother?
by mue 26
Thu May 02, 2013 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: POLL: Ryo Statue

I get the "sending Sega a message" thing, but it's possible to send the wrong message as well, encouraging Sega to just milk blindly loyal fans for profit on licensed merchandise without ever having to invest in the game itself.

^ I co-sign this. Buying this won't send Sega any worthwhile type of message. In fact, as Sweaty points out, and as someone on another forum pointed out to me, if this statue is successful, it's more than likely that the only message it will send to Sega is that they can milk Shenmue's long term and loyal fan base for a profit without making Shenmue 3 or Shenmue HD, and essentially just selling them easily produced tat (not that I'm saying this statue is tat, but you know what I mean) or renting the license to those who want to make tat from it. Ultimately, this means that the success of this statue won't bring us any closer to a Shenmue 3 from Sega, and will only take us further from potentially getting Sega to hand over the license, as it won't be quite so worthless any more.

I still like the statue, but I think Sweaty raises a very important point.
by mue 26
Thu May 02, 2013 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 13 year old kills mom for taking game away

Good call on the topic title edit, Ryudo. We must bear in mind that there may be nippers on this forum, like Beeds for example.

I would NEVER have got a rifle at 11. I had to make do with a handgun.

So that must have been like last year yeah?
by mue 26
Sat May 04, 2013 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do you even shave bro?

Rakim wrote:I expect all my concubines to be au natural.

8)
by mue 26
Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Next gen XBox reveal May 21st

I don't know whether the thought of this scares me, or turns me on...

by mue 26
Sat May 25, 2013 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Woolwich [London] 'terror' attack

wow, Spokane returns from his self imposed exile and drops one of the most genuinely ignorant posts of the year. Your getting less and less funny by the day,spokes :(

Get a grip, and some perspective on the world. Because as much as you claim to hate fundamentalist Muslims, you sound an awful lot like one! Only, an extremist Muslim would edit out the Islam in your post for Jew or Zionist or something.
by mue 26
Sat May 25, 2013 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Team Yu needs you!

Thanks Shengoro!! I don't know what magic you've worked, but yesterday was our biggest tweetathon yet! It was the most successful #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense tweetathon in every regard.

We've also had a few co-signs from players within the gaming press and industry;

Games TM (magazine) https://twitter.com/gamesTMmag/status/231415196076367873

Steve Lycett executive producer at Sumo Digital https://twitter.com/S0LSUM0/status/231512019038244864

And 1up http://www.1up.com/features/unclear-destiny-future-shenmue-3

Huge thanks to everyone who participated!
by mue 26
Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: And the new voice of Snake is....

FUCK.YES.
*woohooo, running around smilie that the dojo lacks*

mue 26 wrote:If only he was playing Snake. Jack Bower x Snake = the stuff my wet dreams are made of.

Wet dream come true.
by mue 26
Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PS4

It's just the same as it is now, Sony aren't giving the publishers any more tools to implement all that stuff than what they already have. So I can't imagine it being particularly widespread, and Sony has still won my support (by doing nothing). MS have xboned themselves, they will be forced to backtrack on some off this stuff eventually, surely.
by mue 26
Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PS4

Some think they might hold off for the first year or so and then slowly start using them.

Some publishers might, but I just won't financially support their games. Anyone who buys the Bone is giving their tacit approval for DRM, so the harder the Bone flops the more hesitant publishers will be to try this crap. It's obvious which publishers will be most keen to try this bullshit on us, and I hope no one buys their games. Vote with your wallets people!
by mue 26
Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 and E3 2013

Ahaha, I'm only teasing you alimn.
by mue 26
Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: XBox One

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2830/9037236221_71e33dd52d.jpg
http://majornelson.com/2013/06/13/win-a-special-mountain-dew-doritos-xbox-one-promotional-package/
:lol:

I can't believe this. It's like MS are a parody of themselves now. And if that no 'on' button thing is true...that's just mentalism. MS seem to be incapable of getting anything right, and their PR and communication channels are beyond woeful...it's like no one at that company knows what's going on any more.
by mue 26
Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: XBox One

If MS annouced Shenmue 3 as a xbone exclusive, that would be the greatest turn around and come back in console history. I am convinced that if MS announce Shenmue 3 they will win the generation, and garner parades of adoring and forgiving fans lining the streets to embrace the launch of xbone. If sacrificing every right and piece of self respect I have is the price I have to pay for Shenmue, I will gladly kiss MS's feet. But Blue Dragon 2 I can live without.
by mue 26
Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]

How can anyone not love Russell Brand? He called her a "shaft grasper" :lol:
by mue 26
Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats AXM! Keep living the dream :)
by mue 26
Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MiTT3NZ is a secret moderator

south carmain wrote: truth is that it's a secret forum where the Brit posters get together and have genuine banter, share pics of "fit" birds and shit talk about all the other dojo members.

pfft, SUcK has had that niche covered for years.
by mue 26
Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic