Search found 929 matches

Return

Re: GEN 2 GEN my Youtube channel

sad i had to miss out on this, hope the LOH one is just as nice..
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

I'm having to rewrite something again so that I can convince people this game needs to get fully funded and made.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you currently playing?

Nah man, skytrim is bettah cause some slanty eyed muthafuckas made Dark Souls

I'm really excited to see the AI changes, I think they'll make it more varied and unique which is like the opposite of what everyone else seems to be doing.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Top Reasons (Games) To Own A Playstation 3

Valkyria Chronicles
Valkyria Chronicles
Valkyria Chronicles
Valkyria Chronicles
3D Dot Game Heroes.

Also if you're gunna play Deadly Premonition its not really too great on PS3 it runs pretty bad, even menus have slowdown. From a design standpoint is kind of crazy and has a lot of potential, but if you're expecting something polished oooooooooooh man you ain't gettin it.

Theres always that PC release, I'd imagine that'll be the version i actually finish.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEGA trying to buy Atlus

I wish Atlus could have just stayed Atlus. I don't want to see P5 delayed over this, but I also don't want to see SMTxFE killed. I don't trust any big Japanese studios because of things like Circle of Mana, Breath of fire 6, or any of the other millions of terrible decisions made.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Crimson Ryan wrote: I didn't know they made Blue Dragon games on DS? Well I'll be..

Theres more Blue Dragon Games on DS then there are on 360.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd have trouble even making a list for a particular subgenre
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

^dojo sleepover
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion HD

They didn't really get the feel of the game down at all. It feels more like a crash bandicoot minigame then something running on Genesis.

(I am biased in this because I hate crash)
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If I could I'd do my whole collection. I seriously hate non DVD cases, except maybe the Gen/MD ones I like the clam shells.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I feel like both are true in different ways.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

About halfway through Splatterhouse now. The game is filled to the goddamn brim with technical problems and elements that really should have been polished up before release, but I'm having tons of fun anyway. Technical crap aside, the core ideas are great, and the aesthetic aspects (story, visuals, sound) are fucking awesome so far. Given a few more months of development time, I really think this game could have been a much bigger hit. It really just needs some tweaks and cleanup. And as a reinvention of a retro franchise, it's actually pretty respectful to its source material. Really enjoying it, even if the technical stuff occasionally gets a bit frustrating.

Thats all Namco's fault, they cut staff during post-production. It wasn't even time, but people, if they had full staff for the whole of development the game wouldn't have had a huge hike in budget but it would have been much way more polished.

The really really sad part about all this though is that I don't think it would have sold better, which is a damn shame. It seems like people don't appreciate good brawlers or action games.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tales Series

As I was telling South Carmain yesterday, I'm thinking of getting this as I'm in the mood for a proper RPG. But I'm annoyed I don't have a 360, as I'd prefer to play Vesperia, as everyone seems to agree that Vesperia is easily the best Tales game this gen.

Thats not really a compliment but yea it is.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Everygame should have a dog.

My next game after Beatdown City has a dog.

but yea Repede is awesome and so is his owner. Too bad the ps3 version never made it out here, I think a lot of people would have double dipped, or be more interested.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Amazon Making Games Consoles Too?

my chest really hurts from laughing so hard.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yama wrote: Time and Eternity is beyond poverty. It's so damn poor that I actually (kind of) like it. :lol:

I keep meaning to ask you about that.

Next time you're free you should come to one of our playtest sessions I need feedback from fighting game players
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I guess I didn't entirely "get it" before, but hearing you describe it as Double Dragon mixed with Fallout 3, it makes more sense now. So it's kind of like using VATS in a 2D beat-em-up, right?
That's awesome.
I just wish the cameraman would have actually focused on the screen so I could see it.

Basically yea. The "Quick Attack" is your standard punch, it has good accuracy, damage and is about 4 frames 2 of which have a hitbox. Thing is its better to open up the menu and string combos.

I'm finding its a game people really need to play to understand a week ago I had a demo event and when people were watching me play they had a lo of questions about "why" like why I'd move away or why I'd open the battle menu in a certain spot, but when they played it they actually understood.

The idea is to give a person fighting game level depth in a brawler environment and slow things down so that they can actually think.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Will it be playable on PS3, or just Vita?

Right now Vita and anything that supports Playstation Mobile (Xperia Z, Sony Tablets etc) Its designed specifically for Vita though.

I want to expand and do more versions of the game with more content. I feel like Beatdown City is limited because of time, money and platform and if this works out I'd like to do a bigger version that will justify double dipping. I wouldn't ask people for more money unless I was bringing something to the table that was really worth it.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Witcher 3 PC/PS4/XBO

2 can get pretty colorful but 3 just looks amazing. This is likely the last trailer I'll watch for it, I'm just going to buy it when it comes out and be mostly blind.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dragons Crown-Vita/PS3

Guys, this is a sacred place, filled with Witch tits and Amazon thighs, don't profane it with such talk. Lay back be chill.

let the jiggly wash over you.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We should be used to annoying things named Teepo around here.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think people just didn't understand 5 when it first came out. I seriously hated it the first time I played it, but its such a great fucking game, I think it was just over my head.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nah, its like the guy says, once the copies are open the MSRP doesn't apply, they're buying the copies off a company that got the go ahead from nintenodo.

if the distributor were allowed to sell to other stores this wouldn't be a problem like with SMT3 it was 70$ at Gamestop and 30$ at Play and trade, so it didn't last long.

This is all a real bad situation, I hope nintendo does something about it, shit they should go the extra mile to provide copies and spin it as a reason to buy a wiiu (backwards compatibility an all that)

Also, fuck gamestop
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kenny wrote: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

Not bad, I guess. Lots of GoW influence here.

Nah man other way around.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its just kind of unfortunate that God of War gets credit for "inventing" mechanics and aesthetics that existed, it isn't even the first game to bring things together like Darksiders.

(Plus I just don't like it)
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tbh, I've seen some of this stuff in DMC. But I cited GoW cause I haven't played that other Castlevania game.

No thats completely understandable, I just mean its kind of a shame, everyone has played GOW but nobody has played stuff like Curse of Darkness. That game gets the wrap of "All 3d castlevania is bad" but the issues that are in it get a pass in GOW.

Its just one of those cases that kind of looks bad on gamers, everybody knows GOW and its this highly respected series but its just not worth all the praise thats heaped on it when you look at what else is available.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vita get's official price cut Memory cards as well

your not supposed to say anything its going to be a little surprise...well maybe not little it'll be a surprise.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vita get's official price cut Memory cards as well

Just remember what Spence said cause its a good point, if you delete a game the saves go with it unless its a PSP or PSX game. I 100%d Hotline miami and found out the hard way. You could always back up your saves/games on your PS3 but sometimes its good to buy physical for that reason. (assuming the cart stores saves)
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

FF14 Cid looks like Micheal McDonald

phpBB [video]

by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Broken Sword 5 (PS Vita, iOS, Windows, Android)

I know the original game got released on there. That shits great, the only thing I wish Broken Sword had in general was a mode where everyone spoke their native language.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ben Affleck as Batman

See this is the thing about the Heath Ledger argument. Just because people were pissed doesn't mean he wasn't a good actor. Theres a difference between "He's never had a role like this before" and "This guy was in Gigli".
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV series are you watching?

Ducktales, Ma Beagle must not believe in condoms.

I still havent stopped watching ducktales or rescue rangers, ive watched like 20 episodes of each show. They still hold up to this day. I think duck tales might be a little better, but it has more well known characters in it. RR basically only has chip and dale as vintage characters. Also duck tales initial episodes that tells how the gang got together is a bit more fleshed out than RR as well. Still both shows are still really awesome.

once i finish ducktales i'm diving into darkwing duck and talespin.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It only works as a joke if you actually put the thing thats being searched

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=twerk

Though to be honest why should he have to go look it up if the point of a discussion board is discussion. Should you, y'know discuss what it is?
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Man Ys should just be called "Balance: The game" Everything in it worked out to such a meticulous fucking detail especially the bump system. its possessed of a complex simplicity that most casual and "midcore" games wish they could master.

Going back and actually looking at some of these older games as systems and even as storytelling machines I'm starting to zero in on some of what has been lost over the last decade or so of game design.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ys Series

NightWolf is crazy.

That basically sums up most of this. Theres like this weird kind of "us and them" when it comes to this community but if an older member wanted to they could shit on Nightwolfs lap over the "issue" I mean in order to even get the eng translation patch you had to donate to his forum.

I could totally see him not getting the credit he deserves on some of this stuff but I remember at one point he flat out refused to release the origins patch because of "warez".

If he's not willing to do something with it but Jeff was, fuckin power to Jeff for actually allowing people to play the game in english.

"I made a post in a forum and it helped lead to a fix an I didn't get credit waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"

I shipped 5 multi million sellers during my many years in the industry and haven't gotten a credit in a game yet (Beatdown City will be my first and thats because I own half the damn game)

NightWolf=
http://i.imgur.com/FwrPRgg.jpg
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finally signed up for GoG. Did they seriously just give me Ultima games and others for free? The hell is the catch? :shock:

Nope its freeware so instead of trying to sell it they patch it and let you have it. They also give out games randomly at times like I got the original Duke nukem games and Divinity 2 for free just cause.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gone Home: Shenmue-esque Indie Horror Game

Wooow. Yea dude you really got to try and reason out how you look at downloadable games because it passes that line and ends up in entitlement.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wonder Flick - Level-5 making XBox One game

You might as well put "But its a mobile game" because thats basically what this is.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Boku no Natsuyasumi (My Summer Holiday)

Yama wrote: I have two copies of the third game on PS3, bug book and all. Let me dig around and if you get that PS3, one is yours.

Oh and I've raped all of them, love the series.

Figures
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got a free copy of Muramasa Blessing of Amitahba from a friend at Aksys.

Also got excited and pre-ordered Sen no kiseki. I think its interesting that the only physical vita games I've managed to hold on to are either Vanillaware or Falcom.

by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEGA Cancelled Golden Axe, Streets of Rage & Shinobi Gam

Maybe they found a team they figured would do a better job.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic