Search found 91 matches

Return

Re: Gaming Thoughts Of The Day 2.0

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: This would be awesome, if it weren't RE6.

They're still doing it for free though, can't fault them for the effort.
by Tuffty
Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Metal Gear series

^ Definately, the dialogue is great, some real quotes you can lift out of there including one genuine laugh out loud moment.
NANOMACHINES, SON!
by Tuffty
Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I always figured that Kamiya responded nastily back to deliberate trolls, at least that's what I've seen from example tweets. Fish just derides developers and gaming public alike, without provocation, in a way that will win him no fans whatsoever. Both have made good games though so I guess the question is does knowing the developers personal lives affect how you perceive their work? Have to say that it has affected me somewhat when coming to the new Devil May Cry game, given the way Ninja Theory had so callously disregarded fan opinion before release.
by Tuffty
Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Game Of Thrones TV topic

I found out that there is a Game of Thrones exhibit coming to Belfast in June. Costumes, props, an interactive Blackwater Bay experience and a replica of the Iron Throne to sit on. Let me make this abundantly clear, there is nothing in this world that will prevent me from going to this. NOTHING.
by Tuffty
Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here's a love message sent to me over Xbox Live after some Crysis 3 multiplayer.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n404NydgiD4[/youtube]

I am no man.
by Tuffty
Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Walking Dead-AMC

I liked the show all the way up until the middle of Season 3. Then, nothing happened for the next 5 episodes and I haven't even watched the latest episode yet.

This is just how I feel. Season 3 started off so strongly and off the end of Season 2 where it seemed like so little happened, things just happened so fast that was engaging, shocking and emotional. The first half of S3 has one of the best episodes I've seen on any TV show ever. And then it comes to the town and the Govenor and it's just fizzled out.

I like the show, it's still enjoyable to watch but it's fairly inconsistent. At times it shows moments of brilliance while other times it just frustrates and annoys me with the writers having characters make stupid decisions in order to create some fake dramatic tension Looking at you pregnant Lori rushing out by herself to get Rick.

Of course having said that, it doesn't help that the show keeps going through different showrunners, with ones taking on other people's story arcs and having to work around that. The last few episodes have been taken on by a new showrunner, one who will lead the show next season, and I gotta say it looks promising. The past few episodes have been really good, the Rick/Carl/Michonne centered one in particular. Here's hoping he stays. And that he kills off Andrea soon because fuck Andrea.

I think the game tells a better story than the show though. Not because the show is really bad, but because the game is really good, that when you see it all you can't compare the two.

Also, The Walking Dead and Toy Story are one and the same.
by Tuffty
Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tomb Raider

^ Agree with you 100%. I think it's a huge stretch to even call the optional tombs as the traditional TR tombs because they're so goddamn simple. In fact, the last 2 tombs I've gone to have revolved around the same 'puzzle'. Put weights down on a man made, mechanical platform (rather odd to find one of those in an ancient undiscovered tomb but whatever), wait til it comes down, throw the weights off, rise up with the platform and that's it. I mean these are optional tombs, this is where some of the challenge should be outside of the main path the game takes you down, but it's just all disappointing considering that TR Underworld had some really good environmental puzzles. I know Crystal Dynamics is more than capable so yeh, it's disappointing to see.

I like the game, enjoying the combat and traversing through the open areas, it's a very decent game for what it is but....it's just so by the numbers. Was hoping for more TR than Uncharted, even though I should have expected that it wouldn't be the case based on the marketing. I feel that if it had the same combat system with the number and difficulty of tomb exploration and puzzles of TR Underworld, then it would be the perfect TR game.
by Tuffty
Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dark Souls

Finally beat the DLC. Finally! Good lord, Artorias was hard, but Kalameet? Manus? Fuck those guys. Really enjoyed it though. Bring on Dark Souls II.
by Tuffty
Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Death Scenes

The Darkness

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JUNA-kapnY[/youtube]
by Tuffty
Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Gaming Music Topic

The last boss fight in Dark Souls, where a man risen to be a god amongst men must fight someone who's fallen to be a mere man amongst gods. Really poetic.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB6sOhQan9Y[/youtube]
by Tuffty
Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Batman Arkham Origins

^ Exactly! Or have it so that the character is thrown into a difficult situation or comes up against a tough opponent from the beginning of the game, and make it in such a way that you can't win, that he/she has their ass beaten. Make that be impactful to the character by making it a humbling experience, have him or her be scarred or wounded as a result of it. That way they reflect on it and find it within themselves to carry on and get stronger. Let their scar serve as a reminder to him of what they are fighting for and of how they used to be. Then eventually over the course of the game you get stronger and stronger until you are eventually on equal footing if not stronger than ever and have the character redeem himself by stopping the bad guys.
by Tuffty
Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dark Souls

Huge sigh of relief anyone? Because that looks fucking awesome. I can't wait.
by Tuffty
Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon: It's time to party

I think it looks fun. Gotta take into account that this was done in 6 months, so what would you rather have them do? A few new weapons and multiplayer maps? Why not take the time to just take an established formula, which already makes a good game in itself, take whatever little time or money there is and just go crazy with it? Low risk, gives the opportunity for the developers to go nuts and just have fun. The setting's ridiculous! I mean in this world, the apocalypse had an apocalypse. This is set after Vietnam II. Don't ask why, just revel in it.

To me, I view this as the same vein as AC4. Would a seamless, open world pirate game have necessarily got the funding without the AC name attached? Maybe not, but who's gonna complain if they end up getting a game based on a concept they've always imagined for so long? Blood Dragon is the same way. Would you have gotten this neon lighted, knowingly culturally irrelevant shooter without the Far Cry name? Probably not. Red Dead Redemption and inFamous have also done something like this, so I don't see the issue.

It looks to wear it's influences on it's sleeve (I've seen plenty of Terminator/Predator/Robocop references in 10 mins alone) and if you watch the tutorial, is knowingly self aware that it is also a game. At least it's not so self serious as most shooters pretend to be lately. I don't see the harm, looks like it'll be a blast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOvBP8cc2F4
by Tuffty
Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bombs in Boston

North Korea? Al-Qaeda? At this point, it is as every good a chance of it being some fat, lonely nutjob, still smarting at a black president, legal homosexuals and stricter gun control, signalling the start of his one man "New American Revolution" on Patriots Day in Boston.

Awful news, to hurt innocent people on such a scale, with the intent to kill, is just beyond comprehension. It's also equally awful to think that the same thing happens in Iraq/Afghanistan on an almost weekly basis.
by Tuffty
Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So it turns out all these conspiracy theories were derived from completely out of context, over analyzed "facts" that put the blame on innocent civilians while the "savage" people (who are of eastern-european descent) are on the run, shooting out the police, and wrecking havok.

Yeah. Sounds like a legit False flag. The government is totally behind all this 100%.

But don't you see man?! By making it so fucking obvious that it's not a government cover up, that's what they want you to think...
by Tuffty
Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A mother in a 'defending her son' shocker. More at 11.

The newsreader in that second video is a penis. "How can you explain your sons shooting and throwing explosives at police officers?". Um, complete fabrication, bro. That's what's being reported, but did it happen? Fuck no.

And you know that's a fabrication because what? You saw it first hand? Not saying that this government or any other should be trusted completely without question, but all this talk of conspiracy theory seems just a wee bit ridiculous. If Navy Seals are behind it, why would they be walking around with the logo on their clothing? . If the two are innocent, then it seems awfully strange that CCTV footage shows them dropping off the bags that contained the bombs near the marathon site. Or holding up that driver at gunpoint so they can continue to escape. Or kill that police officer. Perhaps most importantly, what does any of this achieve? Usher in a new world order? Please. Do me a favour...

First of all you have to question why a conspiracy nut like Alex Jones appears to be would be so keen to believe every conspiracy he stumbles upon (apart from him being a nut). Then you realise he's encouraging everyone to visit his site. Then you realise he makes money from it. Then you remember that highly viewed Youtube videos make a small fortune. Then you realise maybe he's not a nut after all.
by Tuffty
Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic